Ignorance is a bliss

Back then and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin’s POV

Everything was a blur.

“I was in the verge of confessing my feelings to her.”

Her ears must have been playing with her, but his expression when he gazed at her eyes… So sincere… Eyes that seemed to be crying out for her to believe him.

She opened and closed them again. What was she supposed to say?

Her body just froze.

“Do you think I would believe you? After all the bullying that your group did to Chaerin? Don’t bleeding lie to me!” Jaejoong threw the first punch that sent Baekhyun staggering back.

Finally realizing what’s happening, CL let out a scream which came unnoticed by the angry lions before her.

Baekhyun instinctively reacted when he got back up, his punch straight to the other’s right eye.

They both ignored the pain that they’re inflicted to each other and continued their brawl.

Jaejoong grabbed Baekhyun’s collar and so did the other party. The two tried to get back at each other but none wanted to lose. The desks and chair went askew as they circled the room, each not wanting to let go.

Chaerin risked to get hit to stop them. “Stop this at once! Stop! STOP!”

With the final ‘stop’, she managed to break them by placing herself in the middle.

“Chaerin, get out of the way,” Jaejoong snarled dangerously.

“Chaerin-ah, you’ll get hurt if you stay there,” Baekhyun held her hand, trying to get her away from them, concerned about her safety.

“Let go of her hand er!” Jaejoong started to attack only to be pushed back by Chaerin.

She screamed at them both. “If the two of you plan to kill each other at least make sure that I’m not there to witness it!”

She glared at Jaejoong and then at Baekhyun.

“I’m not interested in seeing two boys competing violently in front of me!”

She collected her bag and went out but said before she made her exit, “You may now start your egotistical fight. Have fun!”

Then she was out of sight.

 

 

**********************

Chaerin didn’t look back as she evacuated the school grounds. She refused to look back.

She was afraid to look back.

She knew that if she did, she’ll go running to ‘that’ person. And she’ll end up hurting the other person pretty badly.

She flicked the unwanted tears as she kept walking. She finds it ridiculous that for a girl claimed to be a lesbian by many is the love interest of two of the most popular guys in school.

She didn’t show them any motive.

She never intended to make them feel that way towards her.

“You’re just like your mother; a flirt, a home-wrecker!”

She suddenly heard those words as they came in a flash. A memory she hates to remember.

“That was a long time ago. Why remember it now?” Chaerin smacked her head as she frustratedly asked herself.

Everything is becoming more complicated now.

It probably would have been better if she wasn’t so greedy and wanted to have friends. Look at what happened. She made two guys fall for her instead.

She stopped in her tracks and exclaimed, “What did they see in me!?”

And Hyun Joong, her stepbrother opened the door, looking at her with concern.

“Have you gone mad?” he asked.

Chaerin mentally slapped herself in embarrassment. She didn’t even realize that she was already in front of their door.

“No, I’m just stressed out,” she answered slowly.

Hyun Joong looked around first before offering to let her in. “Just making sure that nobody saw you, or else I wouldn’t let you in.”

Just when Hyun Joong closed the door he was shocked to see Chaerin coming in without taking her shoes off.

“YAH! Your shoes!”

Chaerin jumped slightly from his scream. She realized what she did.

“Oh, sorry,” she quickly took off her shoes and wore her slippers.

Hyun Joong face palmed suddenly, “YAH, you’re wearing your slippers wrong.”

Chaerin looked at her slippers and he was right. She wore the left to her right and the right to her left.

Hyun Joong took hold her head to steady her and made her look at him. He rather did it quite roughly.

“It hurts oppa,” Chaerin whined.

“What’s wrong with you today? You seem out of it,” Hyun Joong asked, finally letting go of her head.

“Nothing’s wrong, everything’s fine, same same,” Chaerin answered while heading to the kitchen, her stepbrother following her.

He studied her movements and something just tells him that she’s not okay. But she wouldn’t share it so no point prying.

“Oppa,” Chaerin suddenly called him.

“What?”

“Would you ever fall in love with a girl that everyone thinks is a lesbian?”

He looked at her really long before answering.

“Even a lesbian has a , so probably yes,” he answered casually.

“Aish, did you really have to use the ‘v’ word?” Chaerin scrunched up her face in disgust.

“You asked me a question, I answered, be thankful.”

“Aish,” Chaerin scratched her head and went up the stairs.

“Don’t be so sensitive. If it makes yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter