Chapter 4: Feelings that could explode

Back then and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

:) 

enjoy!

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Baekhyun’s POV

So Chaerin and I shared a hideout. Despite my firm decision not to share it with her in my head, my mouth betrayed me. I guess my brain and mouth were not really in line with each other. I regretted agreeing to it, but at the same time, not really. The sharing turned out to be, exhilarating.

I liked the feeling of constantly hiding the fact from everyone that I was connected to her in some way. I liked keeping her as a secret. When we shared that hideout, she became my secret friend. But of course I did my best to deny that in front of her though.

 

********

Baekhyun walked slowly, eyes closed, in the silent school hallway his lazy steps nearing the classroom. All that studying from last night wrecked him so much, and today he woke up earlier than expected. He’s the type of person that when he wakes up he can’t go back again. So he decided to go to school early. When he entered the classroom he was yawning. But he was stopped midway when he spotted someone in the classroom. The person’s cheek was on the desk, sleeping. He straightened his back when he realized that it was actually Lee Chaerin. He checked his watch.

“I thought I was early, turns out she’s the earliest,” he muttered. He walked to his spot and put his bag down. He sat on his chair but then looked at her way.

“So that’s what you look like when you’re sleeping, interesting,” Baekhyun smiled. He felt the need to get a closer look. After a brief debate with his conscious mind, and a quick check that nobody’s around, he got up and sat on a chair beside her.

He examined her face. She wore make up, but it was slight, not really noticeable. Her skin wasn’t perfect, but strangely he wanted to touch and caress it. He barely stopped himself.

Slowly, he laid his cheek on the desk he occupied, copying the same position she has. He never thought that looking at her face could make him feel so at ease. He smiled as he examined her more.

“I don’t know why, but you look so… beautiful,” he blurted suddenly. He frowned realizing what he just said. It scared him that he actually got himself to say that unconsciously. What scared him even more was that he didn’t want to take it back, because he really really meant it.

Chaerin’s bangs fell across her face and Baekhyun saw her frown.

Instinctively, he placed the bangs out of her face and hooked it at the back of her ear. He stopped his movement suddenly, and found himself catching his breath.

She stirred slightly.

And a soft smile formed on her lips.

He moved his hand so slowly to prevent her from waking up.

“You must be having a really good dream. Sleep more,” he whispered and copied her position again.

And his proclamation of not being able to go back to sleep once he’s awake, turned to be false as he fell into a deep slumber.

“Jeogiyo, Baekhyun-sii?”

Baekhyun faintly heard someone say.

“Baekhyun-sii, that’s my chair.”

He heard it again. It was so faint. He must be dreaming.

Dreaming?

How?

I was just awake a while ago. I even saw Lee Chaerin sleeping. And I went beside her to look at her sleep. And then…

And then…

Wow, did I fall back to sleep?

Wait, what time is it?

Woah, I can hear more clearly now. It sure is noisy in the classroom.

Yep, I’m fully awake now.

Then he realized.

! I’m sleeping on someone else’s desk. FECKING STUPID! Now, how am I going to explain this scenario?

“Is that Baekhyun?” Chanyeol’s voice.

Crap! How am I going to explain this?

“Was he assigned another sit? But I don’t remember Ms. Park assigning us new ones.” It was Kris.

What am I going to do? What am I going to do?

“Hyun-Soo,” he could hear Chaerin begin to talk. “Ms. Park informed me to tell you that from today on you’ll be swapping sits with Baekhyun-sii. I came in early this morning and so did he, so I told him first about it. I meant to inform the two of you yesterday but I completely forgot. Sorry.”

Did she just save me from my situation? Why would she do that? But still thank you Chaerin, thank you so much!

“Why only us two though? Usually, the whole class gets swapped,” the girl Hyun-Soo asked.

“Because Ms. Park wanted to split Chanyeol-sii and Baekhyun-sii as far away as possible from each other,” Chaerin said.

“Bwoh?” Chanyeol sounded incredulous.

“Ms. Park’s decision, not mine,” Chaerin said.

Baekhyun found the perfect timing to act awake. He stretched his arms upwards and yawned, “Why is it so noisy first thing in the morning?” Play it cool, play it c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter