Chapter 5: Silent Curses

Back then and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

my heart, my heart, it's going to fudging EXPLODE...

even just writing this got me so carried away <3 <3 <3

this crackship is triumphantly raising it's flag GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

 

Enjoy and savour the moments guyzzzzzz

 

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“Is that guy not coming today?” Chaerin wondered aloud. It has been thirty minutes and still Baekhyun hasn’t made an appearance at the hideout.

Sighing, she pouted, “I even made him a bento.”

She sat alone on the pavement, lifelessly eating her lunch.

“I should be used to being alone at lunch by now, but…” she lost her train of thought. Images of Baekhyun kept on popping up on her head.

“I think I got used to him being here with me.”

She sighed again.

With the time remaining she finished her lunch and went back to class before the bell. Upon entering the classroom, the sight of Baekhyun relieved her. “Well, at least he’s here,” she mumbled.

Baekhyun was sitting on his chair, arms crossed. His face was concentrated somewhere. But then he sensed Chaerin’s presence.

Catching his eye, she smiled slightly, but was disappointed when he didn’t return it.

I wonder what’s wrong with him, she thought.

The tension grew between them, only to be shattered by Chanyeol’s loud screaming as he came in through the door.

“I made it as regular for the basketball team!”

Baekhyun momentarily forgot what he was thinking about and smiled widely, “Really? Congratulations, Yeol-ah!”

“Finally, finally! I have the chance to get near the goddess,” Chanyeol clasped his hands together and looked up at the ceiling, his posture like saying a prayer.

Baekhyun was sure Chanyeol’s eyes were shining.

“My goddess. Goddess! Here I come for you!” Chanyeol was practically going crazy.

Baekhyun heard a chuckle from Chaerin. A rare hearty chuckle.

He swiftly looked beside him and saw Chaerin’s right hand on , holding back the laughter. Her shoulders were bouncing up and down raggedly.

He mentally slapped himself.

“Damn it, getting distracted by her cuteness. You think I’ll give up and talk to you? No way. I am not going to talk to you first.”

His mumbles were caught by Chaerin but didn’t hear it. She just quietly stared at him, her face full of interest.

Baekhyun, unaware of this, looked at her direction and was shocked to feel huge voltage power going through his entire being, electrocuting him mercilessly.

“Ahh!” Baekhyun jumped.

Chaerin backed away, looking confuzzled.

I.am.not.going.to.talk.to.you.

No.freaking.way.

“But I really do want to though,” Baekhyun said aloud, his head bent lifelessly.

Is this dude okay? Chaerin just looked at him, again confuzzled.

 

                                                                                                ***

Making it to the basketball regular team was a huge thing for Chanyeol. He was never talented in this field, but practice he did and thankfully, it was enough to be part of the team. This good news meant a chance to get closer to Sandara Park.

And speaking of Sandara Park, Chanyeol was practically drooling at the sight of her. She was on her cheerleading uniform. He must admit that she’s lacking some assets, but those didn’t matter. Her confidence as she led the cheerleading squad with their routine completely hid her body imperfections.

While he drooled, she continued to not know his existence.

“Good!” Sandara clapped at her team, “That’s it for today, I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Just remember, it’s going be tougher routines so be ready.”

“NE!” the cheerleading team’s answer came out as a roar with their enthusiasm.

“Oh my gosh, Chanyeol is looking our way. Oh my gosh!” As the girls in her team giggled, she looked at them sharply.

Chanyeol, who’s that?

Suddenly their giggles turned into excited shrieks.

“Ommo, he’s coming our way, OMG!!!”

Irritably, she turned to scold them when an image of a model like figure came into view.

Wow!

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Park Chanyeol,” the model like figure reached out his hand towards her.

The minute he introduced himself to her, the other girls left in defeat, some bitter, some just accepting the reality that the most popular girl in the campus will always get the hot guys.

That red hair really suits him, how did he manage not to get into trouble with that?

She noticed his outstretched hand, and contemplated if she should accept it.

Might as well, she thought. “Sandara Park.”

She didn’t miss the elongated time of their handshake so she broke away first.

“You must be the new regular?” she asked.

“Yes, I am. I’m the main center and rebounder,” Chanyeol nodded as he talked. Oh thank the heavens for not stuttering! Well done Chanyeol, you’re on a roll.

Sandara nodded, but her eyes didn’t leave his hair.

Finally, she blurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter