Chapter 1: The start

Back then and Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I must say, in my 22 years of life, my high school days was the most memorable. Many things happened. I met people that I can say will be a part of my life until I die. In high school, I found out my passion in life. The passion that will forever make my heart pound by the mere mention of it.

 

Music.

 

In high school, it made me think more of life. It stressed me out, especially when I entered third year. God, just thinking about it makes me wince. Definitely a part of high school that I do not want to go back to. But in first year, now that year makes me smile the widest when I remember. I had no care about education whatsoever. Ok, it’s an exaggeration, (I’m a good student), but I definitely cared less than when I was in second year. There were many activities that I enjoyed. In first year, I was in the baseball team. I quickly became the ace, I was the pitcher, but due to an unfortunate accident, I injured my shoulder which prevented me from playing the sport ever again. I was depressed for a while but I got over it quickly.

 

Second year.

 

Now second year was where it all began. It was the year when all complications came into the picture…

 

***

Autumn 2009, Second Year commences…

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun heard someone call him despite him using earphones. He smiled widely knowing that it was his best friend, Chanyeol. He waved at his quickly approaching friend.

 

“Seriously? I had to scream for you to hear?” Chanyeol panted.

 

Baekhyun pointed at his draped earphones around his shoulders. “I had my earphones on.”

 

“Figured that,” Chanyeol draped his shoulder on Baekhyun which caused him to go down slightly and wince in pain and surprise. “I have made up my mind my friend.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyebrows came together, confused at his friend’s sudden and random abstract declaration, “You have made up your mind on what?”

 

Chanyeol stopped walking and undraped his hold on Baekhyun. Placing his palm on his heart like about to sing South Korea’s national anthem, he continued, “That the goddess of our year becomes mine.”

 

Baekhyun tried his best not to laugh. However, his laughter betrayed him. Chanyeol looked obviously annoyed.

“Yah, don’t laugh. I’m serious.”

 

Baekhyun begun to explain why Chanyeol’s declaration will not happen. “Dude you know that won’t happen. Just like you said, Sandara Park is the goddess of the school. There is no way she will go out with you. Sure, you’re popular among the girls, but are you forgetting? She has a boyfriend already. And her boyfriend is no ordinary guy. It’s the mighty Kim Jaejoong of year 3, and more popular that you are.”

 

“Gee, thanks for bursting my bubble,” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun disapprovingly. He then waved his hand in annoyance, “You think I never thought of what you just said? I already thought about those. But man, as long as they are not engaged or married, I will not just do nothing. I have to try my luck.”

 

Baekhyun knew there was nothing he can say that will change Chanyeol’s mind when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter