Beside her...

One of A Kind

 

TAEMIN’S POV

 

My first day at Daejeon High School… I thought to myself as I was tying my shoelace outside our house. I was waiting for Jieun to go out. Jinjja! That girl is like a turtle. Does she want me to be late for school? I was almost pissed off when finally she walked out of the door and handed me a lunchbox.

 

“Jieun-ah, what’s this for? There’s a cafeteria in school, right?” I questioned her.

 

“Neh! But I’m sure you can’t find these in the cafeteria and I thought you’d like to have this on your first day in your dream school.” She handed it over to me as she passed by me and headed for the gate. “Pali! I know you don’t want to be late.”

 

Maybe you’re wondering why she’s calling me oppa. She just want to call me oppa so I just let her. And besides, even if we’re twins, I’m technically older than her. I just trailed behind her looking at the lunch box she just handed over to me. What is this? O.o

 

“Aigoo oppa. Just push your curiosity away for now. You’ll know later.” She said like she knew what was going on in my mind. “Pali! Pali!” She said then suddenly pulled my other hand and dragged me like a kid to school.  This is embarrassing-being pulled by your sister to school. Aigoo. ==’

 

School was not that far. After several minutes of walking, we finally reached it and went in. Students were all around. There were guys playing basketball in the basketball court, girls chatting on the hallways, and students checking on their lockers. It was a regular school day. It was a normal day for every student except  for me cause I am a new student. Oh wait. I remembered, Haejin is new here too. Is she joining school today? Where is she? I looked around hoping to see her. Oh nevermind.

 

“Jieun-ah, what’s in this lunch box?” I asked her.

 

“you’ll find out later, oppa. haha!!”

 

“Yaa! Don’t you dare play a prank on me!”

 

“it’s not a prank at all! You might even want to thank me later.” She laughed. “Just trust me, neh? Hmmm.. I need to lead you to your first class now.”

 

“Mwo? Is classes starting soon? Aren’t we in the same class?”

 

“Relax, okay? Yes, classes are starting soon and no, we’re not in the same class for the first subject. I’ll meet you during the other classes though. Haha! You’ll be fine oppa.” She then lead me to my first class and reached the room just in time for the students to greet the teacher who just arrived.

 

“Good morning class. Today you’ll have two new classmates.” She greeted the class. But what did she say again? Two? Who could the other one be? “Since the other new student is not yet here, let’s just start with you. Please introduce yourself, Mr. Lee.”

 

I walked to the middle part of the front area and started. “Annyeong haseyo!” I made a 90 degrees bow and continued, “ Lee Taemin imnida!”

 

“You may take a seat at the back part now.” The teacher said. I was about to go to my seat when someone reached the door of the room. She was panting like she had been running.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late! I’m really sorry!” She shouted and bowed several times. Everybody in the room looked at her. When the teacher acknowledged her, she looked up and… Haejin?

 

“It’s okay Ms.  Choi. You must’ve been lost. Introduce yourself to the class now so we can start with our lesson.” The teacher told her. She thanked the teacher and went in the middle of the room as I continued walking to my seat.

 

“Good morning! I’m Choi Haejin. I’m Korean but I’m not so fluent in speaking in Korean. It’s my first time in Korea and I hope you guys help me adjust. Thank you!” She flashed her cute smile to the class. I can see that every single guy in the room was mesmerized by her smile. Okay, I admit, I too was mesmerized by her smile. She’s pretty.

 

“Thank you, Ms. Choi. You may take your seat beside Mr. Lee now.” The teacher instructed her. I can’t believe it! She’s sitting beside me.

 

“Taemin ssi!” She exclaimed with her voice soft enough that only the two of us heard. “So we’re classmates…”

 

“Yea. I'm surprised.”

 

“Now I feel a little bit relieved.” She said. I can see a glint of worry in her eyes. I can feel that she’s scared she might have a hard time with fitting in. I don’t think she’ll have a hard time though. I mean, if you just saw the reaction of our classmates earlier, they were amazed by her. Especially that guy seated on her other side, he was really amazed. She was now attentively listening to what the teacher was talking about but here I am, still staring at her from the corner of my eye.

 

Not too long after, the bell rang and that was the signal of the end of the first subject. Some students went out of the room, others were scattered all around the room. I faced Haejin and found her writing something on her notebook. I was about to call her attention when suddenly, the guy sitting on the other side beside her, walked up to her.

 

 

“Excuse me. You’re Haejin, right? I would just like to ask what numbers we’re supposed to answer for our assignment? I got lost with what the teacher was saying earlier...” He asked her.

 

“Oh that one! Hmm… let me check.." She looked at her notebook then continued, " numbers 1, 4, 7, 8, and 10.” She answered and smiled at him.

 

“Gomawo Haejin ssi. By the way, I’m……”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heyy!!

 

HAHAHA! 2 updates in a day! weeeee!! Chapter 4 finally done.. hehehe..

So what's inside that lunch box?! Who was the guy who talked to Haejin?! XD

Find out in the next chapter ^.~  hehehe..

I hope you guys like this update.. and oh! please comment and subscribe ^.^"

i really appreciate comments....

thank you!! <3 love ya'll!!

 

~mushybaboo08