Back to Korea!~

One of A Kind

YOUR POV

 

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. This is Flight M588 ready for takeoff to Korea.

 

I was in the plane now and this is it, I’m going to my home land-Korea. I’m Cho Hae Jin. Both my parents are Korean so that makes me a pure Korean, obviously. But even if I was born in Korea, I grew and lived in the New York since I was 1 year old and never got the chance to visit my home land. When you hear me speak, you can’t hear even a single hint of being Korean because I didn’t have that Korean accent. I don’t even know how to speak Korean, I mean; I can speak Korean but only a little. Aigoo! Shame on me.  Well, since I will be living there already, I have to learn it.

 

It was indeed a long trip and all I did in the plane was listening to music and sleep. There’s really nothing much to do in the plane, right? When we finally reached Korea, I was feeling dizzy and all. I was searching for my luggage and when I finally caught a sight of it, some blonde guy took it away.  “Hey!” I shouted at him but he still continued to walk away. I guess he was in a hurry so I grabbed a luggage almost similar to mine and ran after him, still trying to call his attention.

 

“Yaaah!”  Finally, he looked back. At last. “Uhm, I guess you took the wrong luggage.”

 

“Are you sure?” He asked as he looked at the tag of the luggage he was bringing. “Oh right. So, you’re Cho HaeJin?”

 

“Yeah. And you’re…”, I looked at the tag of the luggage I was bringing and continued, “Lee Taemin?” 

He’s Korean? I thought he was some American guy because of his blonde hair.

 

“Nae. Jeongmal mianhae Haejin ssi.” He bowed several times and thanked me.

 

“It’s really okay Taemin ssi. I have to go. Nice meeting you though.” We bid goodbye to each other and went our separate ways and I went back together with my parents.

 

 

TAEMIN’S POV

 

Pabo Taemin!!, I shouted in my mind. What was I thinking? I almost lost my things! Good thing that girl told me I got the wrong bag. What was her name again? Oh yeah! Haejin.  I don’t know why but I smiled at the thought of her name. She also looks very familiar. I looked back, hoping she was still there somewhere, but she was gone. So, I just continued walking, looking for my sister who promised to fetch me.

 

“Taemin-ah!”  I searched where the voice might have come from until I saw her waving both of her hands up at me.

 

“Jieun-ah!” She ran to me and hugged me like we haven’t seen each other for years. Well, we literally didn’t see each other for years. Since my parents divorced when I was 12, I was forced to live with my father in the US and leave my mother and sister behind in Korea. I hugged her back tightly and realized she was now shorter than me. I missed my twin sister. “Did you shrink?”, I .

 

“Yaah!”  She hit my arm causing me to wince in pain. “I didn’t shrink. You just grew more than I did!”

 

I just laughed at her reaction. I just put my arm around her shoulders like we used to when we were younger and left the airport.

 

I'm Lee Taemin and this girl I'm with is not my girlfriend but my twin sister and my best friend at the same time. Call me gay, I don't care! I just feel comfortable hanging around with my sister. I can trust her with everything and she trusts me back as much. It has been 5 years since I left Korea and  many things did change. I missed a lot of things too. The streets of Seoul became busier than before, but not as busy as the streets of New York of course. I missed  those times when umma would cook delicious food for breakfast because back in New York, I would just have to eat sandwich in the morning then rush to school. I was lonely there. Though my appa never married another woman, he was always busy with work. He was a lawyer so good with doing handshakes and talking to people starting with ‘Hi. I’m Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you’, but he was never good in communicating with his family. And after five years of convincing him that I want to go back to Korea, he finally agreed.

 

“Oppa, remember 3 years ago you told me you met this girl…” She started and I cut her off.

 

“Aigoo Jieun-ah. I forgot about that already, okay? Just forget it.”

 

“You forgot?” She laughed. “if you forgot, then why did you understand what I was trying to say right away?”

 

“Yah! I said it was nothing. I forgot about her already. So cut it off.”

 

“Okay! Okay!” she agreed but she continued laughing.

 

That girl. That girl Jieun was talking about was my first love. Gaaah! I know, I’m corny but yeah, she’s my first love. I was 15 by then and she was 14 but we were in the same year level though not from the same school. I just heard about her since I was classmates with her cousin, Krystal. She was so pretty and smart at the same time. Jinnie. I thought of how I used to call her. She never told me her real name. Neither would Krystal so I just had to be contented with calling her Jinnie. Since Krystal went back to Korea, we never had a chance to meet again. End of our story, But I hope not.

 

The driver parked the car beside the restaurant where me and my family used to eat, when Jieun woke me up from my thoughts. “Oppa! I’m hungry. Let’s eat first, nae?”

 

“Okay.” I was feeling hungry too so we got off the car and went into the restaurant. There were some other people in the restaurant too but still managed to maintain a peaceful and cozy environment. Back in New York, I didn’t really have a chance to eat much of Korean foods so I really ordered lots of them now. Bulgogi.. Kimchi.. Samgyupsal.. and a lot more! I was enjoying my food when I heard someone shout from my back. She shouted a name… a name that made my heart stop for a second. Jinnie.

 

 

 

 

 

Heyy!

I hope you like this chapter. I really tried to make it good so yea.. This is my first story so please bare with me.. kekeke.. peace out!! Love ya'll!

And oh! please do comment and subscribe! I need your comments and suggestions. :]

thanks!!