Chapter 8: Luntoria

School Lessons

Pairing: LunToria

Oneshot for: Amblhama

p.s. the blue words are supposed to be chinese.


Sunyoung made her way to her dancing classes, already feeling the happiness and adrenaline ran all over her body as she did so. She remembered clearly what the lady had told her.

"This year, we have a brand new student, she was a student from a very prestigous art school in China, she was studying modern dance and Jazz, she's basically a dancing genious."

She was full of excitement from meeting her new classmate, a girl with such recognition, only meant that she'd get a better inspiration and would be able to learn lots of new things from her, and if she worked hard enough, she'd probably get the leading role in the dance festival, instead of being the one in the background for once in her life.

She entered the studio, and happily greeted everyone with a smile and a happy wave, only to get ignored, just like she always did.

She stayed on the side, preparing herself with stretches and practicing the coreography of a song she really liked from last semester's class, causing all the girls around her to roll her eyes at her.

"She's so weird." "Don't know why she even tries, she's ugly, ugly people don't get good roles, she should know it by now."

A frown appeared on Sunyoung's face but she immediately replaced it with a fake smile, trying to block out the comments from her classmates as she practiced even harder.

Hard work was going to be retributed to her sooner or later.

Suddenly, the door opened and a girl beautiful beyond belief made her way in. Sunyoung's mouth fell open as she watched the girl gracely enter the room and earn the stares of everyone in the room, she closed in fear that drool would start falling from and she waved at the girl, a huge smile across her features as she did so, although her heart was racing and her cheeks were surely red, she wasn't going to miss the oportunity to meet her.

That didn't stop her from being surprised when the girl actually made her way towards her, a big smile plastered on her features as she did so.

"H-hello, I'm Song Qian." She said with a broken korean, but the smile on her face amazed Luna far more than she could even imagine.

"Hi!" Sunyoung replied, maybe in a pitch a bit too high because of her excitement. "I'm Park Sunyoung."

"I'm chinese." Said with her broken korean. "I don't...know korean that well, so....sorry." The words came out slowly, Sunyoung smiled softly at her and nodded.

"I- I speak a little bit of chinese." Sunyoung said in an almost perfect chinese, hoping she didn't sound too bad. "I can help you with your korean if you'd like."

She watched as the other girl's face lit up, she launched herself at Sunyoung.

"Oh my god, thank you!" She exclaimed, hugging the small girl tightly. "You're great!"

Sunyoung felt the blood rush to her face and she smiled shyly at the beautiful girl that hugged her tightly. Before she could even reply the teacher had made it's way in the classroom, causing the other girl to leave her there, not forgetting to stun her with a bright smile, and talk with the teacher introducing herself to her.

As Sunyoung heard her classmates start to gossip about Qian, she felt the need to launch herself at them and tell them to shut up.

But she stopped herself.

 

"Do you need help in anything?" Asked Sunyoung as Qian was practicing her writing in korean. 

Qian just shook her head before looking at Sunyoung with a cute expression. 

"No, thanks~!" Replied Qian in an almost perfect korean. 

"Wow, you're doing great!" Sunyoung said, replying to her 'student' in korean, as she noticed that Qian struggled less to understand her, she really felt proud of herself, happy that she was able to help the older girl to this extent.

"Unnie..." Whispered Sunyoung as she stared at the focused girl who was still writing korean words in order to practice her writing.

"Yes, Sunyoungie?" Replied the taller girl.

"Why did you approach me on the first day?" She asked.

"Ummm..." Qian's face reflected that she was deep in thought. "I just knew it was a good idea to approach you, and I wasn't wrong you see?" She smiled brightly at Sunyoung and the younger one felt her heart flutter at this. "Besides, you looked very different from the rest."

"Yeah, I know I'm not particularly good looking, so I unconsciously stand out in crowds." Sunyoung replied, she was aware that her looks weren't the best, so she worked hard to earn her place.

Qian started to laugh loudly at Sunyoung's statement, causing the younger one to look at her with a confused expression. The older one just ruffled her hair and smiled brightly at her, small chuckles leaving her everynow and then.

"What's so funny, unnie?" Asked Sunyoung with a small pout.

"You," She said while smiling. "You know, when I entered the room, I thought you were the prettiest one in the room." Sunyoung's face turned bright red and she failed to notice how the older girl was gathering her stuff. "And I still think you're the prettiest, but now I know it's not just this," She said as she pointed at Sunyoung's face while standing up. "It's also this." She pointed to Sunyoung's upper left side of her torso. Near to where her heart was supposed to be. "I got to get home, see you later, Sunyoungie."

Sunyoung just stayed there rooted to the floor as she watched the older one leave, a smile creeping on her features as the words finally started to sink in.

 

 

"You really have gotten a lot better, unnie." Sunyoung said as she was sitting next to Qian in the latter's couch. "You've had a huge improvement ever since we started, and I have been helping you for just two months."

"It's because I have a great teacher." Answered the other girl with her, still broken korean, but with a not as heavy as before accent. "I feel so smart." She said as she did a small victory dance in her seat. Sunyoung just smiled at her older friend.

"You're smart." She said simply, staring at the woman next to her, lost in her. "And you're beautiful, unnie."  

Qian just smiled at her, a small blush adorning her cheeks.

"You know, I've never paid you back for being such a good help to me." Qian said with a mischevious glint in her eyes.

"There's no need, unnie." Sunyoung said humbly. "You know I did it because I wanted to help."

"But there's something I want to give to you, okay?" Qian said, the glint didn't leave her eyes and Sunyoung felt a bit doubtful because of it. 

"Okay..." Said Sunyoung unsure.

"Now, close your eyes Sunyoungie." 

"Are you going to prank me?"

"Of course not! Just trust me, okay?" 

Sunyoung nodded slowly, not fully trusting her friend, but very aware that she wouldn't be able to say no to her anyway.

She closed her eyes, wondering what could the other girl's surprise for her be. 

As something soft grazed against her lips, she opened wide her eyes in surprise, but as she noticed that what she felt were Qian's lips on her, the older girl blushing heavily as she pressed her lips against her, she couldn't help but close her eyes and pull the older girl closer.

"Thank you." Whispered Qian between pecks, the younger of the two felt her face hot but that didn't stop her from continuing.

"Any time."