Chapter 9: YoonHyun

School Lessons

Pairing: YoonHyun

Oneshot for: ssnaya

It's sort of a continuation of the first chapter of this story, enjoy!


Taeyeon looked around the library, in the chemistry section to be precise, looking for books that were easy to understand so she could recommend them to her students, and also she was looking around for a book that was sort of a 'Chemistry for Dummies' book, where she could look for more real-life examples and analogies in oder for her to explain further to her students the topics for chemistry, since that one time she explained to her students how did the reaction rate work with Yoona and Joohyun as examples seemed to have worked fine.

Mainly because they weren't able to answer anything on the test besides that.

Taeyeon sighed as she had finished picking at least ten different books she would further check in order to recommend it to them and to look for possible examples to use in class, she took the huge pile in her small yet stronger than they looked arms and walked in search of an empty table in a not so crowded place in the library so she could peacefully read those books.

But as she was walking around, the huge pile of books on her arms stopped her from seeing properly, she crashed against someone, causing some of her books to fall.

"I'm so sorry!" Said a very familiar voice while bowing deeply in front of the teacher, before crouching down and gathering the books from the floor.

"It's okay, I couldn't quite look with all these books piled up here." Answered Taeyeon as she watched the girl stand up in front of her.

Good ten centimeters taller, bright pink blush on her cheeks, wide round eyes, chubby cheeks she felt like pinching, high school uniform and a calm, serious aura?

"Joohyun?" Exclaimed the teacher as she kept on examining the girl in front of her, not because she was a ert or a creep, not at all, she was just surprised to see one of her students in the library, already past eight in the evening and in none other than friday.

"Miss Kim?" Replied the student, just as a deeper blush creeped out on her cheeks.

Taeyeon smiled at her cute yet shy student.

"Such a surprise to encounter you here, if it's not very innapropiate of me to ask... why are you here?" The teacher said in a calm tone, trying not to sound nosy or to scare of such a shy student.

"Oh, I.... I was just, looking for something new to read." Joohyun answered cautiously, attracting the teacher's curious attention.

Taeyeon looked over to where the student was previously standing, in order to check what kind of books she was reading in order to continue the conversation smoothly. Her eyes widened slightly when she noticed which section they were.

ual Education? Really? 

A small blush made its way on her cheeks and she focused her attention on her student once more.

"On the ual education section?" She said, not being able to hold in the surprised tone of her words, causing the younger of the two to turn to the side and check the section they were, widening her eyes as she did so. "Ummm... I know it's a sensible subject, so you don't really need to answer." Continued Taeyeon, completely convinced that she had to fulfill properly her role of a teacher right now.

She took a deep sigh, knowing that what she was going to say was probably going to get her in an awkward situation she didn't really want to be in, she was really awkward with no help, add in an awkward situation and she could just imagine how horrible the results would be, but she just shrugged it off, she still wanted to be the responsible and reliable adult.

"If you, if yo have any questions, doubts, fears about that subject you can count on me, I'd be more than happy to help." She said as an awkward smile crept its way on her lips, she noticed how Joohyun had lowered her gaze in embarrassment. "Really, it's no problem for me, you're my favorite student after all." She continued, trying to make it a bit less awkward. "But don't tell your classmates, they still have hopes that someone else is my favorite."

Joohyun slowly lifted her embarrassed gaze and met the teacher's eyes before shaking her head. 

"Joohyun, it's really nothing to be embarrassed about, to be curious is only natural, and I'm okay with questions, it's noth-" Before she could continue her student had interrupted her.

"I'm sorry Miss Kim." She said. "I lied, I'm not really looking for books here."

Taeyeon sighed deeply. "Thank god, I'm sorry, I wanted to act teacher-like but I at this."

The younger one looked away and Taeyeon realized that she still had to be teacher like, but a bit differently.

"Then why are you here?" She asked, the student sighed but just motioned the teacher to take a look from a small space in the bookself that had no book, the sight that she encountered caused her to widen her eyes and her curiosity to arise even further.

"Why is Yoona here?" Asked Taeyeon as she looked to her student. "And why are you watching her?"

"It's just that she has been having trouble with chemistry.." Started Joohyun.

"Ugh, tell me about it." Said Taeyeon unconciously, blushing as she realized what she had said.

"Yeah, well... Lee Seunggi-ssi, has been helping her and the only time he has free is friday night...and I..." Joohyun stopped then, the red color of her face now even reaching her ears. "I heard he likes her, so I just..." She said simply and Taeyeon understood then.

Not only did Yoona have a crush on Joohyun, but Joohyun liked her back and was jealous of none other than Lee Seunggi, the guy that she always competed with for the first place in the classroom. 

She left the books on the shelf beside her, not caring that they weren't on the correct one and placed her hand on the younger one's shoulder.

"How about we go to the café next door and we talk about this?" Taeyeon said with a smile as she looked at Joohyun, who didn't look fully convinced, but also looked like she really wanted to get it out of her chest.

"Okay." So in the end she agreed to go.

As they left the library they failed to notice Yoona watching them intently, a frown adorning her face as she watched the teacher wrap her arm around Seohyun's waist in support.

 

 

"So..." Started Taeyeon, once they have ordered coffee and some muffins, ones the teacher had offered to pay of course.

"I'm not sure where to start Miss Kim." Said Joohyun as she held onto her coffee cup for dear life.

"Start by calling me Taeyeon, we're outside classes and I'm not that old." She said jokingly, trying to create a friendly atmosphere so the younger one could feel comfortable enough to talk.

"Can I call you Taeyeon-unnie at least? I wouldn't feel comfortable to speak so informally to someone older than me, let alone my teacher." She murmured, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"If you prefer that, it's okay." She said with a smile. "Now, start from wherever you want."

"Umm... I, you know about the homecoming party there's going to be soon, right?" Taeyeon nodded, eagering the girl to continue. "Well.. I wanted to ask Yoona to go with me... but she, she's so popular, so pretty, so athletic, so amazing..." She said, Taeyeon stared deeply into the eyes of the girl, suddenly memories of her younger self in love for the first time were brought to her and she smiled at the younger one.

"So? Why haven't you asked her?" Said Taeyeon simply before taking a sip from her coffee, wanting to laugh at the absurdity of it all, mainly because it was very clear that Yoona was head over heels for Joohyun.

"Because Yoona is extremely popular, at least half of the male population of the classroom have asked her already to go with them, Lee Seunggi included, and even some girls have... most of them are really cool and I... I just am Seo Joohyun."

"What do you mean you're just Seo Joohyun? That's pretty cool, you know." Said the teacher as she smiled at Joohyun, hoping to give her some confidence.

"I'm not really cool, also... I know I'm not ugly, but I'm not really pretty either and I know I'm kind of nice, but I'm not the kind of nice person anyone asks out to these things, so maybe I should just give up and ask someone else to the party." Said Joohyun with a defeated smile.

Before Taeyeon could even reply, a third voice made an appearance, surprising both of them.

"Well, I guess I'll have a problem with that." 

"Yoona-unnie?" Exclaimed Seohyun as she turned a red so deep that Taeyeon feared she was going to pass out.

"Really, I have a huge problem." She said once again, a small smirk danced on her lips and Taeyeon knew then, that she shouldn't get involved. because she had never such a confident Yoona when it came to Seohyun.

"Wha...what is it, unnie?" Asked Joohyun, trying to stay calm but failing miserably. 

"You asking other people to homecoming, what am I going to do if you were the one I wanted to invite to come with me?" Said Yoona with a huge smile on her lips as she sat down next to Seohyun and brought her chair as physically close to Seohyun's chair as it was possible. She then reached for her bag and pulled out two tickets for homecoming. "Would you like to come with me to homecoming as a couple, Seo Joohyun?"

The stares between the two students were so intense, Taeyeon felt herself lost in the romantic scene in front of her.

She noticed as Seohyun nodded with a bright smile before wrapping her arms around Yoona's neck and bringing her close. Taeyeon thought they were going to hug, but when she noticed her two students started kissing passionately right in front of her, she realized she was glad they had decided to seat on a secluded place in the café and that she'd look like some vouyerist e if she stayed there any longer. 

So she quickly stood up, and left the place, not before smiling a bit at the young couple who were far too busy with each other at the moment to even notice she was gone.

 

 

On Monday, as Taeyeon made her way in her classroom, she couldn't help but smile at the fact that Yoona now sat in the front part of the class, right beside Joohyun. The older of the two holding Joohyun's hand with both of hers, sitting sideways on her desk as she stared into Joohyun's eyes, the younger one was also sitting sideways as she stared back at Yoona, a content smile on her lips.

"Good morning, class." She said in a happy tone as she placed her things on the teacher's desk. "You still have five minutes, don't mind me, I just got a bit early today."

She noticed as Joohyun said something to Yoona and stood up from her desk, letting go of Yoona's hands as she made her way to the teacher's desk.

"Seems like everything went well, right Joohyun?" Said the teacher teasingly as she glanced at Yoona, causing Joohyun to blush.

"It went wonderfully, thank you very much Taeyeon-unnie." Joohyun whispered as she leant in and hugged the teacher strongly for a second. 

Cheers were heard that moment in the classroom, and the rest of the students jokingly started teasing Yoona, telling her that Miss Kim was going to steal her girlfriend away from her, which only earned glares and yells from the loud Im Yoona to the rest of the students. 

Taeyeon just chuckled and then smiled at the student that had just .

"It's not problem, Joohyun." 

"You can call me Seohyun, Taeyeon unnie." 

Taeyeon just smiled when Joohyun went back to her seat, taking Yoona's hand and giving it a squeeze in order to stop her from arguing with her classmates, immediately calming her down.

The bell rang and she stood up, turning into Miss Kim once again.

"Okay, so I'll need two students for the following explanation, Joohyun, Yoona, come to the front." 

The class erupted in cheering and whooing as the new couple got to the front.

"Okay, so this time I'll need you to kiss." She said with a dead serious expression, causing the whole class to suddenly turn silent and the two students in the front to turn bright red as she said that.

"W-what?!" Said Yoona with her already big doe eyes wide open in surprise.

Taeyeon tried to look serious for a bit more, but the surprised expressions were far too funny for her to stop it, her chin dimple started showing and soon enough she had erupted in full laughter, her ajhuma side showing throught this.

As the students stared at her dumbfunded she felt the need to laugh was even stronger, so she laughed harder.

"I'm sorry" She said between laughs. "I was just kidding, trying to gain your classmates' attention." She said as she wiped some tears that formed on her eyes from laughing so hard. "Go back to your seats."

The class laughed out loud at the red faces and shy looks from the newly formed couple.

Seohyun pouted at Taeyeon and the latter just winked before she went to the board to write a redox reaction, today was going to be a good day.