Chapter 11: YulTae

School Lessons

Pairing: YulTae

Oneshot for: pretend_2besome1

Enjoy!


Taeyeon sat on the bench as she saw her friend Yuri on her try outs.

She clearly remembered what Sooyoung had told their friends when she went on a trip to the beach with Yuri, that there was no place Yuri looked more beautiful than in water and no other moment she'd look more astounding than when she was swimming. Taeyeon couldn't believe it at first, because honestly, she thought that Kwon Yuri looked astoundingly beautiful at any moment, even when she had just woke up and her face was slightly bluff from sleep, Taeyeon just thought she looked perfect at any moment and place.

But she couldn't deny it now that she saw her in the swimming pool.

As Yuri was swimming, her athletic body moved flawlessly, fluidly, as if she was one with the water, her limbs stretching, moving in ways Taeyeon couldn't even begin to process, moving forward at a speed she knew she would never reach. The way the water fell on her skin, her damp hair, everything, everything she did even as she took a deep breath of air as she resuurfaced from the swimming pool. 

Taeyeon had never seen anything that beautiful.

"Close your mouth." Whispered a voice, bringing her out of her thoughts, her eyes leaving the goddess like human being that had just exited the pool and closed instintctively.

Someone sat next to her and without even looking that way she knew who she was.

"Hey Hyoyeon." She whispered, her little sister just stared at her with those mischiveous eyes, that told her that a wave of teasing was coming her way.

"Hello Taeyeonie." She replied simply, not even trying to one bit, yet.

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

"What? Can't I see my friend's tryout for the swimming team?" The tone she used told Taeyeon her sister was just wating for the right moment to start.

"You know what I mean." Taeyeon murmured, a faint pink coloring appearing on her cheeks.

"Why? You wanted to come here alone?" Hyoyeon replied with questions, knowing Taeyeon wouldn't answer.

"Shut up." Taeyeon whispered as she fixed her gaze on the object of her affection and felt a bit dissapointed when she noticed Yuri was wearing a towel already, talking happily with the team's coach.

"Don't worry, I just came to tell you that I won't come home today, I have a sleepover at a friend's house." Hyoyeon said as she ruffled Taeyeon's hair. "You know, you look like the younger one instead of me."

Taeyeon decided to ignore her little sister, even as she felt she pinched her cheek, she ignored her.

"You'll be all alone at home." Hyoyeon said as she let go of Taeyeon's cheek and started to leave. "You should invite her over." And with that she left, Taeyeon stayed behind, she was staring at Yuri who in that moment turned around and saw her on the bleachers and waved at her happily, she returned the wave to the athletic girl whose smile turned brighter as she did so.

"Should I?" She asked herself. 

Yuri then waved her hand, inviting Taeyeon to join her, the short girl could only feel herself blush as she slowly made her way to the younger one.

"Hey Taengoo~"Exclaimed the younger one when she had finally approached her, wrapping her arms around her in a quick hug, long enough to make Taeyeon's heart race.

"Hey Yul." Taeyeon replied mindlessly as she smiled brightly at the cause of her smile. "Are you in the team?"

"They said they're checking other candidates." Yuri's smile didn't faint at all. "But that I'm so far the best option, they'll announce later who got in."

"I'm sure they'll pick you, you were amazing." Taeyeon replied to her friend, a cute blush adorning her cheeks.

"You're too biased." Yuri replied with a huge smile.

"Hey Yul..." Taeyeon started, her heart beating at such a fast pace anyone would think the one who just finished the tryout was her.

"Yup?" Replied Yuri, her long black hair shining.

"Want to come over my house?" She asked, she noticed how Yuri's normally bright smile became brighter and a blissful feeling ran all over Taeyeon's body.

"I'm sorry, Tae, my parents want me to eat with them." Taeyeon's smile faded at that. "But hey, how about you come over my house? I should be done with my parents by three p.m., bring your swimsuit and we'll have some fun in the pool."

As soon as those last words left Yuri's mouth, thousand of eted images flew right into Taeyeon's mind, causing the older of the two to mentally shake those thoughts away, although she knew she wouldn't be able to do it.

Damn her and her ByunTae mind.

"I...I'd love to." Taeyeon replied.

"Great!" Yuri excitedly exclaimed. "I'll go change and then I'll go home." She smiled and ruffled Taeyeon's hair and the latter just bitterly smiled, this kind of gesture was the same her sister did to her. "See you later."

"Yeah, see you." Answered Taeyeon and watched the younger one enter the dressing rooms, she just sighed and she headed home.

"She just sees me as a friend." Murmured the blonde one as she made her way home. "I don't know why I have hopes."

 

 

Taeyeon knocked on Yuri's door, she was wearing some short shorts and a loose t-shirt on top of her bikini. All her insecurities coming afloat as she waited for the taller one to open the door.

Her body was very... underdeveloped, unlike Yuri's that seemed to be made by the God's hands, so very well sculptured Taeyeon couldn't help but gawk everytime she saw it. What if everything was awkward? She was incredibly good at causing that, at being the awkward one, and if she had to stand in front of Yuri with just a bikini while she herself was in very similar conditions, she was sure she'd made things awkward.

But the thing that she feared the most... was getting in the pool, she didn't know how to swim! And there she'll be, in front of one of the best swimmers she had ever seen. How would she tell the younger one, who loved water probably more than she loved Taeyeon if she even loved her at all, that she knew nothing about how to swim?

"You came Taeng!" Yuri exclaimed as soon as she opened the door, causing Taeyeon's mind to be filled with thought that must never be said outloud, she noticed Yuri was already in her bikini and damped.

"I can see you're already wet." Taeyeon replied, blushing at her choice of words that once again was led to dirty thoughts.

"You know I'm always impatient when it comes to these things." Yuri said, leading Taeyeon to her backyard as she did so. "Now, what are you waiting for? Take off your clothes." 

Oh god, why did you give Taeyeon such a creative mind?

"Okay..." She said as she sheepishly took of her shirt, fully taking it off just in time to see Yuri diving in the pool.

"Come on Taeng!" Exclaimed Yuri, a bright smile that could only be seen on her while she was in a pool could be seen on her face. 

"I... wait a second." Taeyeon said as she successfully took off her shoes and headed to the edge of the pool.

"You should dive." Yuri said with a playful smile as she watched the nervous girl near the pool.

"But... what if I drown?" 

"You can't drown here, it's not that tall, just swim back to the surface when you dive." Yuri replied as if she was talking about the most obvious thing in the world.

"But I don't know how to swim..." Murmured Taeyeon as she sat down on the edge, slowly getting her feet in the water first.

"I can't hear you." Replied Yuri as she got closer to her, all until she was just in front of her and laid her head on Taeyeon's knees as she looked cutely at her.

"I don't know how to swim." Whispered Taeyeon once more, but this time, Yuri did hear.

"You don't?!" She exclaimed surprised, lifting her head from Taeyeon's knees. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I can teach you! Now, come here!" 

And before Taeyeon could even reply, the taller and stronger girl had pulled her in the pool, before she wrapped her hands around her, bringing her closer.

"Now, are you afraid of water?" Yuri asked as they neared the center of the pool and Taeyeon just shook her head. "Then why don't you know how to swim?"

"I never took classes or anything and my family and I don't go out swimming often." Yur just nodded.

"Ok, the first step to learning how to swim, is to lose your fear towards water, but since you aren't afraid, we'll skip that step, okay?" Yuri said simply and Taeyeon nodded. "All right, close your eyes." 

Taeyeon did as Yuri told her so, soon she felt the younger one position her as if she was laying down, her hands placed securely on her lower back.

"So we'll start with floating, close your eyes and allow yourself to float, I'll have my hands there to help you in case you need it, okay?" Taeyeon nodded once again, allowing herself to enjoy the calmness in floating and to drown in the feeling of protection Yuri's hands gave her.

When she felt she was going great, she felt Taeyeon's hands leave her, she opened her eyes quickly, feeling panic wash over her as she no longer felt her source of protection.

Suddenly, arms were wrapped around her and she just wrapped herself around that person, knowing already who it was.

"Don't panic, just trust me, okay?" Yuri whispered and Taeyeon just hugged her tighter, enjoying the feeling of their bare skin pressed against each other, even if there was water around them.

Yuri let go of the hug slowly and Taeyeon did the same, allowing Yuri to lead her in the same position she was just a few moments before. Again the hand was on her lower back, helping her stay floating and suddenly it was gone again. Taeyeon just breathed, calming herself as she did so, knowing that she'll just make things harder for Yuri if she panicked again. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed how Yuri was looking at her with a proud smile on her lips, which caused her to blush and keep on floating, liking the way Yuri looked at her just now.

After good ten minutes in the same position, Yuri spoke up.

"Wow, you did great." Yuri smiled brightly at her and patted her head. "Now, let's practice kicking your legs and then your , okay?" 

They kept practicing for at least an hour, Taeyeon feeling her heart beating so strongly she wasn't sure how Yuri didn't tell her anything about it. Yuri took her to the edge of the pool and she could only wonder what was this about.

"Okay, now you'll swim from here to the other side of the pool." Yuri said and when she noticed Taeyeon's horrified expression she grinned at her. "I know you can do it."

And when Yuri said something like that, Taeyeon knew then that she wouldn't be able to say no.

"Okay." She said. Although she could feel fear creeping up her body as she did so. 

She then dived and started kicking her legs just like Yuri had told her, her were clumsy yet were determined, she was determined to succeed, after all, Yuri trusted her. 

She felt the air become more needed than normally and she opened her eyes, to see how much was left, she then realized she was getting there.

She then resurfaced and took a deep breath, inhaling all the air she needed to fill her lungs and be able to breath normally again

"You did it!" Exclaimed Yuri as she hurriedly headed over to where she was.

Taeyeon just stared back and noticed that although it wasn't a long distance she swam, it was pretty impressive considering she started learning just an hour before. She then turned to the edge of the pool she was now closer to and felt herself smile, proudly at herself.

"You're amazing Taeng!" Exclaimed Yuri as she wrapped her arms around her neck and she backhugged the amateur swimmer.

Taeyeon could feel her heartbeat increase it's pace, it was so fast she thought she'd have a , she felt her ears and cheeks reddening quickly and a shy smile appeared on her lips. She felt how Yuri turned her around, forcing her to face her and she was impressed, Yuri was beautiful all the time, specially when she was all wet like right now, but seeing her this close was something she had never before had been witness of.

Yuri looked so beautiful she couldn't even, really. Couldn't even.

"You're amazing.." Whispered Yuri again, staying deeply into her eyes, a daydream like tone painted her voice as she spoke.

Taeyeon was lost in the beautiful features of this girl, her nose, her eyes, her eyebrows, her eyelashes, her cheeks, her cheekbones, her lips...

She wanted to take her eyes away from Yuri's lips, but everytime she looked at something else, her gaze naturally landed there.

She met Yuri's eyes again and noticed they weren't looking back at her, they were looking a bit lower and Taeyeon couldn't helpt but wonder where were they fixed on.

But the it hit her. Yuri wasn't staring just anywhere, she could see it in the reflection in her eyes.

She was looking at her lips too.

So in a corageous rush she had never felt before, she leaned in and pressed her lips tightly against the other girl's.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see Yuri's reaction. 

She just pressed her lips, not feeling Yuri even pressing her lips against hers back, so she then realized she made the wrong move.

She leaned back and before she could even mutter 'Sorry' Yuri had pulled her right back in, the arms that were already looped around her neck tightened their grip and Taeyeon felt herself completely flushed against Yuri. She then realized she never wanted anything other than that.

Anything other than have the beautiful mermaid in front of her kissing her passionately, Lips against lips. Breaths mingling. Everything about it made it seem as if they had become one.

And as Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist, bringing her closer, and kissed her even more passionately...she realized she'd like coming for a swim more than she had ever had.