Betrayal

∮ Mean Boys ∮
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris ran to the ringing phone, picking it up.

"I know your secret," was the first thing Kris heard. And it was Baekhyun's voice.

'. Play it cool, play it cool,' Kris thought.

"What do you mean?" he asked innocently.

"Kyungsoo told me you like Huang ZiTao," Baekhyun said. Kris breathed a sigh of relief because Baekhyun didn't find out that Chen sent Kris to spy on him, but was still worried about his crush.

"I don't care or anything, but lemme just tell you: Tao only cares about school, his mom, and his friends," Baekhyun whined.

"is... That bad?" Kris said hesitantly.

"I mean, if you like him, whatever. That's FINE! I could even talk to him for you, if you want," Baekhyun offered.

"Really? But nothing embarrassing, right?" Kris asked.

"No, trust me. I know exactly how to play it," Baekhyun said, his tone smug. " But... Aren't you mad at Kyungsoo for telling me?"

"No,"  Kris replied.

"If you are, just tell me. It WAS a really y thing for him to do."

"Um... I guess it was kinda... y? But I'm not mad at him, I guess he just likes the attention," Kris told Baekhyun.

"See, Kyungsoo?!" Baekhyun excalimed. "I told you he's not mad at you!"

Oh no. Kris realized that Baekhyun had tricked him. It was a three-way phone call.

"I can't believe you think I like attention!" Kyungsoo said.

"Love ya! See you beaches tomorrow. Mwah!" And with that, Baekhyun hung up. The queen bee was stronger than Kris anticipated, but he had survived his first three-way call attack.

~*~

With Baekhyun's blessing, Kris started talking to Tao more and more. It had been around 2 months and they had talked little by little.

However, he wanted things to move faster. So he followed his instincts. During Calculus, he tapped Tao on the shoulder and lied, "I'm totally lost. Can you help me?"

"Yea," Tao said, turning his chair around to help Kris. But the truth was, Kris wasn't lost at all. He knew exactly what Mr. Lay was talking about.

"It's a factorial," Tao explained. "So you multiply each one by N."

'Wrong' Kris thought. 

"Is that the summation?" Kris asked, trying to give Tao a chance to redeem his explanation.

"It's... The same thing," Tao said, and turned back around.

'Wrong. He was so wrong.' Kris said to himself inside of his head.

"Thanks," Kris decided to say. "I... Get it now."

"We're having a Halloween party at my friend Victoria's tonight. You wanna come?" Tao offered.

"Sure," Kris replied, eager to be invited to a party by his crush.

"It's a costume party, people get pretty into it," Tao told Kris as he handed him an invitation pass to the party.

"Okay," Kris said, his smile widening.

"That flier admits one person only... So... Don't bring some other guy with you," Tao said, looking Kris straight in the eye with fierce, yet caring eye contact.

Was this a sign that Tao like Kris too? Maybe just a little? No, he couldn't get his hopes up.

"Grool!" Kris exclaimed. Then, his cheeks turned bright red, realizing what he had said. "Ha ha, I meant to say cool but then I started to say great."

"Alright, wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter