It Can't Be Yoo

Yoo and I

Youngjae POV

[The Next Day]

"JaeJae~ Make sure to greet your boyfriend today~," Himchan snickered as Youngjae paused uncertainly in front of his classroom door. He had managed to wrestle every single detail about yesterday night from Youngjae, and Youngjae was about to explode from embarrassment.

Youngjae immediately flushed red and hissed a "Shut up, Himchan" and quickly walked into the classroom. In truth, Youngjae had been worried the whole morning, mulling over how he should face Daehyun in the morning. He ducked his head and quickly shuffled towards the back of the class, towards his seat. I am not in love with Jung Daehyun. No, no, never, no, no-

"Morning, Yoo."

Youngjae immediately gulped. ...Maybe a little bit. 

He slowly raised eyes and his gaze immediately found Daehyun's smiling face. Today, the older vocalist's hair was slightly touseled, giving him a sort of 'fresh-out-of-bed' look that Youngjae knew only Daehyun could really pull off. He gulped. ...Maybe...a lot.

He wasn't ready for this yet. "Hey, Jung." His voice came out quieter than he intended it to.

He quickly ducked his head once more and walked quickly, immediately smacking into Daehyun, who had made a move to get up to go and talk to him. 

"Whoa, there. Where'd you think you were going?" Daehyun laughed. Youngjae, rubbing his forehead, immediately looked up to make a retort when he found himself staring at Daehyun's smiling face. Instead of saying something, Youngjae whimpered instead, his eyes wide. Words. What are words. 

Daehyun's warm brown eyes scanned Youngjae's forehead, and sure enough, there was a nice button-shaped imprint there. He snickered and Youngjae blushed, immediately moving his hands and pulling his blonde bangs to hide his face more. "I need to get to my seat, Jung." He said quietly. Youngjae thought he heard Daehyun mutter 'cute' before the older boy reached up to rub the angry red mark on Youngjae's forehead, laughing quietly. Daehyun's fingers were rough and warm, and unintentionally, Youngjae nuzzled into Daehyun's touch. He thought he heard Daehyun's breath hitch. 

"Yoo." Daehyun said, huskily. Youngjae shivered, forgetting he was in the classroom for a moment. He then heard someone scoff, and he immediately pulled away from Daehyun.

"Oh my god, Youngjae, just look where you're going, will you?" Sunhwa stood up from the group of wide-eyed students that were surrounding Daehyun's seat. Yongguk rolled his eyes and Jieun bit her lip. "What? Have you got something to say to me? Like, uh, sorry for insulting you?" Well, good morning to you, princess.

Youngjae meekly glared at Sunhwa and mumbled a 'no'. He really didn't want a repeat of last night. Daehyun made a noise of annoyance and stepped in between Youngjae and Sunhwa, to which Sunhwa looked even more annoyed.

Youngjae, suddenly realizing that everyone in the room was openly staring at him and Daehyun, avoided the brown haired boy and walked quickly back to his seat. He saw that the flash of hurt that was in Daehyun's eyes, and he felt guilty that he hadn't stood up for himself and left Daehyun without an explanation. 

When everyone's attention returned back into their own conversations, Youngjae caught Daehyun's eye and silently sent an apology. The blonde frowned and concentrated and stared very hard at Daehyun, his lips puckering in concentration, hoping the brown haired boy would get the message. 

I'm not mad. I'm fine. I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I'mnotmadI'mnotmadI'mnotmadI'm-

Daehyun immediately grinned, the smile lighting up his handsome face. He stared back, almost as if to say "Yeah." 

Youngjae, relieved, immediately shyly smiled back. Daehyun held his gaze for another moment, and they sat there, just staring. Youngjae hiccuped and Daehyun grinned, his full lips pulling into a slight smile. His vision of suddenly very handsome Jung Daehyun was suddenly obscured by Junhong's smug, smirking face.

"Jae-hyung, stop making googly-eyes at Daehyun-hyung. They look like this!" Junhong widened his eyes, making them look like saucers. The pink haired boy then snickered again when Youngjae flushed and lightly smacked him on the head.

"Ya! I was not! I was sending him a message." Youngjae muttered. Junhong looked at Jongup who was approaching Youngjae's desk, and the two shared a knowing glance.

Junhong grinned mischievously, and brushed some of his pink bangs out of his eyes. "No, you were like this!" He quickly turned and ran to Jongup, and both of them made cooing sounds and stared into each others eyes, widening them as they did so. 

"Uppie-Hyunggie!" Junhong said, in a falsetto voice, his eyes blinked wide.

"Junhong-ah~" Jongup replied, grinning like an idiot.

"AH. STOP IT!" Youngjae screeched, burying his beet red face in his hands. "I'm not that obvious, right?"

Junhong sat on Youngjae's legs. "You are, hyung."

Jongup sat on Youngjae's desk. "Himchan told me all about what you did with him last night."

The blonde visibly stiffened. Junhong immediately grabbed Jongup's arms and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Ooh, what did they do?"

Youngjae smacked his head against his desk and grabbed his head. KIM. HIM. CHAN. 

In the Classroom 2A, Himchan thought he heard his name, but dismissed it as just the wind blowing. 

-----

Youngjae was still fuming by the time he sat down with Jongup, Junhong, and Himchan at lunch. 

"I can't believe you told them."

Himchan pouted. "Youngjae~ You know I can't keep anything from Jonguppie~"

"You've known him for a week and a half!" Himchan giggled at Youngjae's statement and shot Jongup a cute pout.

"Aw, hyung. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Jongup smiled, and Youngjae actually considered forgiving his friends, until Junhong added a "but it's true". Jongup snorted. Himchan choked on his food. Youngjae glowered at the three of them. "I hate you all."

"Ah." Junhong, seeming to remember something, turned around, his smile disappearing. He suddenly looked serious. "Himchan-hyung. Youngjae-hyung. I need to ask you guys a serious life question."

Himchan, still chuckling, casually replied a "what", while Youngjae just listened while he angrily at his juice box, still fuming. Junhong bit his lip, thinking a bit before continuing. 

"Am I gay?" Youngjae spat out all his juice...

...right on to Daehyun's pants. Daehyun's eyes looked up at him in surprise and amusement. "Wow." Youngjae immediately jumped up, frantic, and his mind still spinning. CRAP. I JUST SPAT ALL OVER MY CRUSH- waitnonotmycrush. I mean, uh, Daehyun? Napkin. Junhong? He's wondering? Napkin for pants. Love. Pants. Napkin. Gay?

"Gay." Youngjae covered his mouth and widened his eyes. "I didn't mean that. I mean, I did, but, wait, huh?" Flustered, he grabbed his hankerchief and pat Daehyun down....on his crotch. Daehyun smirked a little and, while winking said "Isn't someone forward today?" Youngjae huffed a 'Jung!', red-faced, and tried to get up and almost fell backwards. Daehyun, chuckling a little, pulled Youngjae up. "I heard the whole conversation, so it's okay."

Youngjae looked up, and immediately looked back down at his feet. God, Jung Daehyun, put away your face. 

Daehyun grinned. "My pants are fine. It's only a little splash." He turned to everyone at the table. "Can I sit?" Youngjae's friends nodded, scooted over and made room for Daehyun.

Daehyun let go of the blonde's arm and pulled up a chair. Youngjae wondered why, because Daehyun never made a move to sit with his friends. He always sat with the others, like Jieun and Yongguk. Daehyun grinned as Youngjae sat back down. "Junhong-sshi. I won't tell anyone. If you need any love help, Daehyun-hyungnim is always here!" He patted his chest proudly. At this, Junhong grinned and shot an "sure, okay hyung". 

Daehyun started to steal Youngjae's food, and Youngjae playfully whined and slapped his hand away, giggling. "Jung!" he complained. "Yoo." he replied, and he stole a tomato from Youngjae's lunch, all the while laughing softly.

"Why are you sitting here today, Daehyun?" Himchan questioned, and Daehyun replied that 'he wanted to sit with Yoo", his cheeks full of tomato. When he grinned, there were tomato seeds in his mouth. Youngjae giggled. "Gross!" Daehyun laughed wider and leaned in.

"What's so gross?"

"J-jung!" Youngjae leaned away, laughing.

"Hm? What was that, Yoo? I didnt quite hear you." Youngjae kept leaning away, laughing and squealing "g-get away!".  Eventually, Daehyun pouted and gave up, complaining slightly that he was hurt because Youngjae found him so disgusting. When Youngjae finally stopped laughing, he noticed that Junhong and Jongup were giving him sly glances, both smiling like idiots. The blonde immediately turned red and looked down.

Himchan caught Youngjae's eye and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. He pointed to his phone.

Ping.

Youngjae quickly pulled out his phone and read the text message, immediately shooting daggers at Himchan, who was grinning from ear to ear.

Text Message From: Channie♥

Ya. Yoo Youngjae. Don't tell me that you don't like him.(*´▽`*)

You can't let him go! He's too much of a cutie! 

~Channie♥

Youngjae, blushing slightly, quickly sent a message back, trying and failing to get angry and deny the truth in Himchan's text.

Text Message From: Jae

(◣_◢)t Hurry up and die already.

-Jae

Ping.

Text Message From: Channie♥

( , ) I've sent you a tiny this time. And it shakes for Jung Daehyun. Look at it go~

Fluff Yoo, fighting!◕◡◕♪

-Channie♥

Youngjae blushed. Aish, I'm going to kill him.

The rest of lunch went very well. Besides the fact that the blonde was painfully aware that his thigh was constantly being pressed against Daehyun's due to a lack of room around their lunch table, the whole entire lunch period was spent with all five of them laughing together. Youngjae found himself constantly watching Daehyun and his cute hand motions while he talked, and he quickly looked away whenever Daehyun looked in his direction. Junhong's words of "You're being so obvious" echoed through his head. His brain, however, froze when Daehyun reached over to lightly hold his hand. Youngjae bit his lip, because the other vocalist was just too cute. He secretly hoped that he wasn't imagining all this extra attention Daehyun was giving him. The brown haired boy was happily babbling about his and Youngjae's project ideas when Sunhwa tapped him on the shoulder and interrupted his explanation. She cleared as he turned around.

"Ya. Daehyun. Here's the music writing software you wanted."

As Sunhwa talked, she handed over a pink stickie note and looked distastefully at Youngjae and his friends. Her expression lightened slightly when she lay her eyes on Himchan, but for the rest, her eyes just slid over them as if they weren't there at all. Daehyun got up.

"Thanks Sunhwa. You're the best~" He grinned and he hugged her. Sunhwa immediately smiled.

"Anything for my Daehyun~".

Although her tone was light, she glared at Youngjae, causing him to shrink back in his seat. With a final dirty look, (which went unnoticed by Daehyun), she smiled and walked back to her lunch table. There was a very pregnant pause.

"Software?" Himchan broke the silence. Daehyun waved the pink sticky in the air.

"Yeah. It's for Yoo and I's writing." He grinned at Youngjae, showing Youngjae Sunhwa's loopy and curly handwriting, and Youngjae feebly smiled back. Daehyun frowned at this, but didn't say anything. Youngjae didn't think Daehyun noticed his lack of enthusiasm and kept eating. 

Ping.

Youngjae looked down.

Text Message From: Channie♥

What the heck was that? 凸(⊙▂⊙✖ ) You're telling me about this later!

-Channie♥

And, like that, lunch ended as the bell rang for their next class.

-------

[ At the End of the Day]

Youngjae quietly walked down a quickly emptying out hallway, alone. Jongup and Himchan had gone to work on the music project, and Junhong was nowhere to be found. He hummed a little bit of 'Seven Years of Love" by his favorite artist, Cho Kyuhyun, and walked into the classroom to collect his bags. He noticed that there was a white sheet of paper on his desk. Curious, he walked over and picked it up.

On the note, in loopy, curly handwriting that looked like Sunhwa's, said

Yoo Youngjae. Stop getting so stuck up about yourself. Just because Jung Daehyun pays a little attention to you, doesn't mean he's your golden ticket into popularity. Stay away from him, fatty.

On the bottom, there were a dozen or so signatures of girls he knew were in some of his classes. 

Himchan burst into the room. "JaeJae~ I've come to walk back to the dorms with you~ What are you doing?" He said gaily. Youngjae quickly covered the note, unsuccessfully hiding it from his friend's keen eyes. "What's that?"

"Nothing," Youngjae quickly said, and Himchan grabbed the paper. As Youngjae's black haired best friend read it, a pink spread over his pale cheeks and his eyebrows frowned. He finally looked up at Youngjae, his eyes absolutely black with anger. When he spoke, his voice was laced with anger.

"I'm going to tell Daehyun."

------

So not much fluff in this chapter...sorry! :( There needs to be a few chapters to sort of keep the plot moving! •(ㅅ)• 

Sunhwa's real mean. You guys have probably already guessed why she's beating on our Fluff Yoo so badly ;A;/ I PROMISE. THERE IS LOTS OF FLUFF IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I know there is. (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿) 

I've only briefly edited this! I've gone back to edit the previous chapters. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ So please excuse any errors.

The next chapter is HimUp. himuphimuhphmhuphimhp. (۶ૈ ᵒ̌ Дᵒ̌)۶ૈ=͟͟͞͞ ⌨

The song Youngjae was humming is 7 Years of Love, sung by Super Junior's maknae, Cho Kyuhyun! If you haven't heard this one, YOU SHOULD. IT IS THE SADDEST. and Kyuhyun has the voice of an angel. 

As usual, I love your comments! I read them all. I love you guys~ ✌(◕‿-)

Thanks for reading! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ