Yoo Are My Partner

Yoo and I

[A week later]

Youngjae POV

"Alright, class. Remember, This composition and performance project is half your grade this semester! Partner up! Class is dismissed." As soon as those words left Mr. Kim's lips, the room was full of running people who were trying to partner up with their best friend. For this project, getting a good grade was essential, and no one wanted to be partnered up with one of the not-as-talented kids. A week into class, and already class 2A and 2B were settling into their own cliques.

Ever since the Price Tag duet, Daehyun and Youngjae had been separated by their groups of friends- Daehyun, naturally, easily settled in the more popular one, while Youngjae settled for what he called 'slightly popular' (meaning, people knew who he was and acknowledged him, but that was about it). The chances that Daehyun and Youngjae were able to meet up with each other were slim, and so besides the warm glances (and Youngjae's heated staring), they didn't share more than a few words in between classes before Daehyun's friends came and whisked him away to karaoke or something.

Youngjae sighed and packed up his things. He could only hope that Himchan would save his partner spot for him. Youngjae looked up, and to his surprise, Yongguk and Junhong were talking. Jongup sat at his desk, watching his best friend get asked to be someone else's partner with glee. Youngjae knew it wasn't that Jongup didn't want to be partners with Junhong, it was just that he knew his younger friend really looked up to Yongguk's deep rapping and songwriting skills. Jongup then caught up with Youngjae as he walked out into the hallway.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" He grinned his usual smile. Youngjae let all his worries pour out. "I'm never going to find a partner!" He glared playfully at Jongup. "You're probably going to ask Himchan to be yours, aren't you?" Jongup turned slightly pink.

"Ah, you caught me?"

Youngjae let out a small laugh and playfully swatted the younger's brown hair. "What will I do? I won't have a partner anymore!" Youngjae complained. He was going to say something else when a warm hand tapped his shoulder. Youngjae froze, because he knew that hand too well.

"Ya, Yoo, c'mere for a sec." Daehyun stood behind Youngjae. However, Youngjae tried not to look too happy, but glared angrily at Jongup when Jongup flashed a knowing smile back at him. 

"Ya, Jung, what do you want?" He tried to sound stiff, but silently beat himself up when he realized that his voice cracked slightly. Daehyun grinned, his smile instantly melting any facade that Youngjae was about to put up. "C'mere." Daehyun quickly grabbed his hand and then bowed politely to Jongup.

"I'm going to borrow this guy for a second." Jongup grinned brightly and nodded, and couldn't hide his amusement when Youngjae, sputtering, was pulled away by one of the most popular guys in TS Academy.

------

"Ya! Jung! Wh-where are we going?!" Youngjae panted.

Daehyun had held on to his hand for more than five minutes. Stamina and sports had never been Youngjae's forte, so he was red-faced and panting slightly once Daehyun pulled him to a stop behind one of the school buildings.

"Ya! Ju-" Daehyun quickly put a hand over Youngjae's mouth, making the younger's eyes widen indignantly. Sure, Daehyun made his heart do weird things and made his stomach tie itself in little knots, but this is was too much. He was about to shout when he suddenly realized how close Daehyun was. He shifted uncomfortably, only too obvious to the fact that he could practically feel Daehyun's minty breath fanning across the parts of his face that weren't covered by Daehyun's hand, and the fact that Daehyun's leg was wedged rather close to Youngjae's, err, area down below. Youngjae swallowed, and his eyes couldn't stop staring at his lips that were so round, so plump, and Youngjae could practically lean in and kiss them lightly and-

Suddenly, the hushed voices of girls broke Youngjae out of his reverie.

"Yah! Han Sunhwa! When you said he didn't chose a partner yet, we knew it was our chance to get him! Where did he go?"

Sunhwa rolled her eyes. "I was sure he went this way. Aish! That Jung Daehyun! He's so good looking and talented and I don't know why he didn't chose a music partner right off the bat!" The other girls that were following her sighed and ran their hands through their hair. "This was our chance to get close to him!" 

The girls followed Sunhwa and rounded the corner and left Daehyun and Youngjae alone. Youngjae huffed again and glared at Daehyun. Daehyun finally focused on Youngjae and Youngjae's glares quickly made him chuckle.

"Sorry, Yoo. I had to lose them before I told you anything." He carefully, (and much to Youngjae's dismay, which he silently cursed himself for) lifted his hand off Youngjae's mouth and stepped away from him. He grinned and shoved his hands into his pockets, seemingly suddenly nervous.

"Sooo...I wanted to see if you, uh, you know...uh..."

Youngjae lifted his eyebrows, trying to force the fact that a nervous Jung Daehyun was the cutest thing in the whole entire world.

"Yeah? Well, I don't know, Jung. You better tell me." Daehyun looked up, whining and pouting cutely.

"Why do you call me by my last name? You were so cute on your first day here where you were like Daehyun, Daehyun, Daehyun, Daehyun.." He waved his hands as he talked, looking at the sky. Youngjae found this habit incredibly cute.

"Don't avoid the question, Jung. Why did you call me out here and make me sweat like this?" Youngjae silently patted himself on the back because his sense of humor hadn't failed him yet. Normally, Youngjae would be very anti-social around people he didn't know well, but with Daehyun, his sense of humor always seemed to retain itself for a little longer than usual.

Daehyun scratched his head. "What I'm trying to say is...uh...doyouwanttobemusicalpartnerswithme."

"Heh? What was that?" Youngjae giggled.

"No, I mean, we'dbetotallygoodtogetherbecausewediditbeforeandwewerereallygoodandwewere-" Daehyun babbled on and on until Youngjae burst out laughing. "What?" Daehyun looked indignant, his handsome face confused.

"I'd love to work with you. Actually I don't have anyone to work with." Youngjae said truthfully. Daehyun looked relieved.

"Oh."

Youngjae looked at the other, giggling quietly. "Yeah."

There was an awkward silence. Daehyun suddenly looked up. "Soyouwannameetatthecoffeeshopatfourtodayto-"

Youngjae, suddenly getting a burst of confidence, lightly placed his finger on Daehyun's babbling lips.

"Coffee Shop. Four o'clock. I'll be there." Daehyun's eyes widened and Youngjae felt all his confidence go out the window, leaving his knees weak. Aish. What am I doing? I have no social skills whatsoever, and I'm nowhere near this guy's level! 

Youngjae silently cursed at himself and turned red as Daehyun smirked against Youngjae's suddenly cold finger. Daehyun quickly leaned in and whispered in Youngjae's ear.

"I'llseeyouaroundthen...Yoo."

Ears red, Daehyun flashed a quick smile and walked away from Youngjae. As soon as Youngjae saw that Daehyun was out of sight, he quickly leaned against the school building wall, knees weak and his heart beating a mile a minute. He didn't know why Jung Daehyun and his oh so stupid (and cute) Busan accent could affect him like this. Youngjae shakily got up on his feet and realized that he had to somehow impress one of the most talented kids in his class and make him believe that he didn't make the wrong choice in chosing Youngjae as his project partner. What he didn't notice was Sunhwa, who was watching Youngjae very intently. 

Text Message: To: Himchan 

Kim Himchan! I need to talk to you asap!! Meet me in the classroom! ໒(⁄›˅̭‹∖)७

-Jae໒(⁄›˅̭‹∖)७

-----

dundundun. muahaha. I just wanted to clarify that when I write about Secret, I don't hate them. I LOVE THEM. Secret is one of my favorite groups. I love Sunhwa and Jieun, don't get me wrong!

So a lil more daejae. Just a little more. Someone tell me if I'm going too overboard with descriptions! Comments are greatly appreciated! I'll reply to them the best I can. :)

Thanks for reading! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ I love you guys! (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)