Wrong Place, Wrong Time - TOP [ typicalkpopaddict ]

My Bias, Your Bias [ A one-shot/scenario request ] OPEN

Name: Kang Se Ra

Bias: T.O.P
Scenario: Top was caught to be driving while texting; he got 102 hours of public service as punishment. He was sent to a orphanage and Sera works there or rather lived there till she's now too old to get adopted. 
Genre: Romance; Angst
 
PS : Changing it to intoxicated and texting :3
 
 
T.O.P picked up his glass and tried to appear as cheerful as possible. This is, after all his brother’s engagement party. Kwon Jiyong, the well-known lover boy from Big Bang has finally settled down. He has never seen Jiyong this happy before, not when he’s surrounded by girls and booze. And looking at this blinding happiness, he couldn’t help but to feel bitterness and jealousy. He wants that. He wants someone he could treasure like how Jiyong treasures his fiancé. He watched Jiyong gave his fiancé a sloppy kiss on the cheek and he turned away from the sight.
 
“You okay?” One of his best friend, Yoochun asked him.
 
“Yeah. I’m just tired, that’s all.”
 
“This is not the time to get tired! We need to go to the club tonight to celebrate our single life!” Jaejoong grinned.
 
“That’s pathetic, Hyung.” Yoochun scrunched up his nose.
 
T.O.P laughed at his friends’ banter. He stole a glance at the couple and decided that tonight, he’s going to forget all this bitterness and drown himself in alcohol. He grabbed his leather jacket and his phone before calling his best friends.
 
“Let’s go. I need some alcohol.” He said.
 
Jaejoong whooped and quickly dragged Yoochun and Hyunjoong towards the exit while T.O.P approached the couple and gave them a hug.
 
“Congratulations.” He grinned.
 
“You’re leaving?” Jiyong’s fiancé asked and he replied with a small nod.
 
“Don’t get too wasted, Hyung. We need you tomorrow at the studio.” Jiyong said when he saw T.O.P’s friends waving him goodbyes.
 
“I won’t. See you!” T.O.P secretly let out a sigh of relief when he finally left the room. 
 
*****
After rounds of liquor he couldn’t keep track of, T.O.P finally walked out of the club. He can still function even with a huge amount of alcohol in his system, thanks to his high tolerance level. He went to his car and sped off. Not long after he was on the road, his phone beeped, signaling an incoming text. He took the phone from the dashboard and unlock it. 
 
‘DON’T FORGET TOMORROW. - GD’
 
He let out a sigh and typed in his reply as his other hand tried to handle the steering wheel. He was about to reply other messages from his friends when he heard siren behind him. The blaring sound and blinding lights caused him to let out a string of curse and slowed down his car.
 
“Hello sir. Mind stepping out for a moment?” A policeman came up to him.
 
He nodded and staggered out of the car, realizing how drunk he is. He couldn’t even make out what the policeman said other than public service and how he needs to go the police station for driving while intoxicated and texting on the road. He couldn’t even struggle when they dragged him back to their car. He watched the empty street from the back of the car as the policemen drove back to the station.
 
*****
 
“102 Hours of public service. Congratulation.” Jaejoong slapped his back as he stopped in front of an orphanage.
 
Jaejoong was given the chance to see T.O.P in the police station, trying make sure they won’t leak this to public. As the only sober friend, he drove T.O.P back to his place and even offer him a ride to the orphanage the next day when T.O.P got a bad case of hangover.
 
“Good morning, Choi Seunghyun-ssi. You’re late.” A female voice stopped their conversation.
 
T.O.P looked at the woman who seems to be in her 50s, carrying a folder. She gave Jaejoong a bow before turning her attention to T.O.P.
 
“You’re late.” She repeated with a hint of annoyance in her voice.
 
“Sorry, I was at fault. I thought he was supposed to be here at 11 not 10.30.” Jaejoong spoke up.
 
“Please don’t be late next time. Here’s what you need to do. You can ask Kang Sera if you have anything to ask. I’m the owner, Han Jisook.” She shook his hand and turned around.
 
“Damn, that’s one feisty woman. Good luck.” Jaejoong grinned and walked back to his car.
 
*****
Beautiful is an understatement, T.O.P thought when he met Kang Sera. She’s very pale, to the point he worried if she’s ill. But she has the brightest smile and the prettiest eyes. She happily joined the kids play hide and seek, leaving T.O.P on the bench. He has been taking care of a group of kids, along with Sera for a few hours and already exhausted. A younger girl, supposedly around 17 came up to him with a small paper on her hand.
 
“Can I get your autograph? I’m a big fan of yours.” she timidly asked.
 
T.O.P decided to spend some time with the girl who turns out to be a nice girl. She giggled when she noticed him looking at Sera.
 
“She’s the oldest.” She said.
 
“huh?” T.O.P turned to her.
 
“Sera unnie. She’s the oldest in here. She was supposed to be adopted when she was 10 but the parents canceled it because she’ sick and they pick another girl. That’s the last time she was asked to go to the meeting, you know for adoption. Now she’s working here, helping our warden.” The girl explained.
 
T.O.P just nodded and turned to see Sera walking towards her.
 
“Hey, Jina! You’re supposed to take care of that little brats.” She pointed at a group of little boys with a hint of smile on her face.
 
“Fine. See you later, T.O.P-ssi!” Jina beamed and ran back to the group.
 
“Sorry, you’re kinda popular so people wanted to meet you.” Sera apologized.
 
“That’s okay.” T.O.P smiled back.
 
Sera took a seat next to him and gave him a piece of paper filled with scribbles.
 
“The kids wanted to give you a welcoming present. I draw you too. There.” She pointed at a small messy drawing at a corner.
 
“Stop laughing at my drawing!” Sera whined when T.O.P burst into laughter.
 
“Sorry. But this is bad.” He joked.
 
“Oh, really? I saw you on the TV drawing an elephant. That’s worse than mine!” She stuck out her tongue.
 
“Well, my fans thought it was good.”
 
“Well, the kids thought mine is a masterpiece.” She retorted before laughing along T.O.P
 
*****
 
Weeks goes by and not once have T.O.P regretted coming to the orphanage. He found himself falling in love with Kang Sera and he’s pretty sure she likes him too. That’s why, on this last day, he’s planning on asking her out on a date. He brought a small bouquet of roses and when she comes to the garden, he quickly jogged towards her.
 
“Sera! I bought you this.” He smiled.
 
He watched her cheeks pinked as she accepted the roses. She gave him a small smile before sitting on the bench.
 
“Thank you. You were supposed to go home. I thought this public service has ended?” She looked at him.
 
“yeah. I want to ask you something, though. It’s important.” He said.
 
“oh? What is it?” 
 
“Can you meet me at the cafe tonight? At 8? Wear something nice because I have something to tell you.” He said.
 
Sera nodded and that’s the only answer he needed. He grinned at her before taking his leave.
 
*****
 
Sera is in love with the Choi Seunghyun. She knows how wrong that is. She’s just an orphan, a nobody, she thought. But T.O.P has successfully stole her heart and she doesn’t like it. She couldn’t be with him. He’s a superstar and she knows she will only taint his name and reputation.
 
That’s why, when T.O.P asked her to come to the cafe, she put on a simple black dress and promised herself not to get carried away. It’s for his own good, she repeated in her mind as she entered the cafe. T.O.P was already sitting on one of the chair, wearing a suit. 
 
“Hi, Sera. you look beautiful.” He smiled.
 
Sera blushed and thanked him. She was about to speak up when T.O.P suddenly cuts her off.
 
“Sera I really like you would you go out with me?” He blurted out.
 
Sera gasped and her eyes widened as she stared into T.O.P’s deep eyes. She can feel his hand holding hers and how it fits.
 
“I- I’m —“ She was lost for words, all the promises she has made herself vanished to thin air.
 
“Please tell me you feel the same, Kang Sera. I’m in love with you” T.O.P whispered.
 
After a short silence, she finally regain her senses. She shook her head and pulled her hand away. 
 
“I’m sorry. I- I can’t. There’s no way we can be together, Seunghyun oppa. We live a different lives. You should find a better girl.” She said.
 
“Tell me if you really don’t love me.”
 
She stared into his eyes and put her hand on his cheek. Her lips curved into a sad smile.
 
“If only you weren’t a superstar and I’m not… Kang Sera.” She whispered.
 
“Sera…”
 
“I had a wonderful time with you, oppa. I do. I will always treasure this memories until I die. Thank you, and I’m sorry.” She gave him a short kiss before dashing out of the cafe in tears.
 
She did it. She finally did it, she thought. She was supposed to feel relieved but why did she feel like a chunk of her heart has been pulled out. She has never felt this empty before. Not when she’s alone, not when no one wants to adopt her, and not when the doctors told her she doesn’t have long to live. And those thoughts caused her to finally stopped in front of the orphanage and break down in tears.
 
“unni, are you okay?” Jina, the closest to her opened the door and ran towards her.
 
“It’s for the best but why does it hurts so much, jina?” She cried.
 
*****
T.O.P left the cafe not long after Sera. His eyes filled with tears as he drove back to his home. The only time he finally finds someone, he lost her. He let out a scream and strings of curses as tears fell down his cheeks. 
 
“Why?” He whispered.
 
He has never felt this much regret of being a superstar. He lost her before she was his. He took a deep breath and stared at the black sky.
 
“Please let me meet her again and let us be together.” he prayed.
 
He looked back and saw the small orphanage. A small smile appeared on his lips.
 
“Kang Sera, I will never forget you.”
 
 
 
 
2014.05.03 saturday