Messy Memories - Daehyun [ kawaibutnotsosugoi ]

My Bias, Your Bias [ A one-shot/scenario request ] OPEN

Name: Woo Mi Rae

Bias: Jung Dae Hyun
Scenario: Looking back at their first encounter when Mi Rae meets Dae Hyun at the most unexpected time of her life
Genre: Romance, fluff
 
 
Daehyun loves watching his wife laugh. From her flushed cheeks to her eye-smile to how her body would move in a quirky manner when she couldn’t stop laughing. She would slapped his arms and wiped the tears from her eyes before looking into his eyes and giggled. Woo Mirae, now a Jung has so many expression and he can never get tired of it. He watched her slumped back into the couch and let out a sigh.
 
“I’m so tired.” She huffed.
 
“You laugh like a maniac. Of course you’ll be tired, idiot.” Daehyun chuckled and wiped the sweat on her forehead.
 
She grinned at him before picking up the abandoned photo album and flip it open. She kept on flipping until it reached the page they were looking at before she lost her sanity. 
 
“This is stupid. Stop looking at my baby photos.” Daehyun groaned and tried to snatch it away from her, which is easy when all Mirae do is laugh as she pointed at one of the picture where he looked so chubby.
 
“Hey, Daehyun. Do you remember our first meeting?” Mirae asked when they have calmed down and after Daehyun forced her to swear not to open that page anymore.
 
They were now looking at their wedding pictures, which is a mess. Her brother is laughing manically beside her while she was tripping over their dog. Daehyun looked like a goldfish with his wide eyes and gaping mouth as he tried to catch her.
 
“Of course. It’s as messy as this picture.” Daehyun chuckled.
 
“I like messy.” Mirae beamed.
 
*****
 
Woo Mirae groaned in frustration, chucking her wallet into her bag after throwing out the company id card.
 
‘I’m sorry, but we cannot let this kind of action continue in our company.’ she recited the manager’s sentence in her head and rolled her eyes as she took out her phone and dialed her brother. He picked up after a few rings and answered her in his usual chirpy tone.
 
“Woo Mirae! What’s up?”
 
“Maybe I should just be a hermit. I should stay in my room with my laptop and internet for the rest of my life.” Mirae grumbled while she walked through the buzzing crowd.
 
She could hear her brother laugh out loud amid her recent dismissal. And not long after, she followed suit. It was ridiculous, come to think of it, she thought. She has applied to an entertainment company to be a designer and they couldn’t accept her because of her inability to be a lying hypocrite. She says what she wants to say and people should’ve respect that. But not those snobby actors, she cursed.
 
“So, are you going to apply to another company?” her brother asked.
 
“Probably not. I’ll just do something online.” Mirae answered.
 
“Oh! I’ll ask my friend! He needs a designer!” Her brother excitedly said and abruptly hung up.
 
“O-kay…” Mirae stared at her phone for a moment before she put it back into her bag.
 
*****
 
Jung Daehyun has to be the unluckiest guy on earth, at least that’s what he thought when his designer decided to quit his job and left him with tons of unfinished work. He grumbled and picked up his phone, asking his friends if there’s someone that can replace his employee. An hour later, Woo Jiho gave him a call. Maybe he’s not that unlucky after all, he thought.
 
“Jiho hyung!”
 
“Daehyun! I GOT YOU A DESIGNER!”
 
Daehyun chuckled at his friend’s chirpy voice.
 
“Is he any good? Can he work today?” He blabbered as he stared at the mess in front of him.
 
“Oh! It’s not a he. It’s my sister! She’s good, I guarantee that!”
 
“You’re her brother. Of course you’re obliged to say she’s good, hyung.”
 
“True, but still. She is good.” Jiho laughed.
 
Daehyun agreed and told him to tell his sister to come as soon as possible. While he’s waiting for his new employee, he decided to walked out and grab something to eat. He was waiting in line when he saw a buff man cut the line in front of a petite girl. He looks very intimidating and no one dared to step up to him. The girl looks too scared to say anything and he can sense the tense atmosphere. That is, until he heard a female voice calling the man out. The atmosphere turned ugly in a matter of seconds.
 
“Excuse me, sir. Can’t you see the line? You should queue.” He turned around and saw a woman around his age with annoyed expression. 
 
“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Daehyun warned but the girl kept staring back at the man.
 
“What did you say?” The man turned around with angry face.
 
“Get in line.”
 
“WHAT.DID.YOU.SAY.TO.ME?” He roared and everyone including Daehyun flinched.
 
He noticed the girl kept still and even glared at the man.
 
“Geez. Not only blind, he’s also deaf,” She rolled her eyes before continuing, “I SAID, QUEUE. EVERYONE NEEDS THEIR COFFEE AND FOOD SO GET IN LINE!” She stared him down.
 
“LITTLE GIRL, YOU DON’T KNOW WHO YOU’RE MESSING WITH.” He cracked his knuckles and approached her.
 
Daehyun instinctively stepped in front of her even. The girl widened her eyes and gave him a small smile before lightly pushing him aside.
 
"You could get hurt." Daehyun worriedly told her.
 
"I'll be fine. Thank you though." She smiled and faced the man.
 
“You’re the one who don’t know who you’re messing with.” She wickedly grinned and took a step further.
 
The man was about to throw a punch at her and Daehyun was about to pull her out of the hitting range when she suddenly ducked and send a kick to the man’s stomach, causing him to fell down in pain.
 
“I can do this all day. Get up.” She taunts him.
 
Daehyun spent the next 5 minutes watching her kicking the man’s and beating him. Everyone was too shocked to move, including him. It was an amusing sight until the security came and kicked the man and the girl out.
 
“Hey! I was trying to help and get my coffee!” She struggled as they dragged him outside.
 
“Sir? What’s your order?” The barista asked when it was finally his turn.
 
He glanced at the woman standing outside the shop, fumbling with her bag and dialed someone before he looked back at the barista.
 
“Two coffees to go, please.” He smiled.
 
*****
 
By the time his order came, the woman is nowhere in sight. He let out a small sigh and walked back to his office, a two story building with minimalistic design. He stepped into his office and set the coffees down. He sank back into his seat and chuckled at his experience in the coffee shop. That girl sure is something, he thought.
 
He snapped back into reality when someone rapidly knocked his door and barged into his office, tripping over the carpet. Her stuffs are flying all over the place and Daehyun immediately got up.
 
“Hey—“
 
“I’M OKAY!” he looked at the intruder.
 
She struggled to get everything inside the box before getting up. Her face is flushed as she looked at him and recognition flashed her face.
 
“Hey, you’re the one who warned me about that ugly man!” She pointed out.
 
“And you’re the one who kicked his .” Daehyun nodded in amusement as he helped her up.
 
“You’re Jung Daehyun? oh yeah, I’m Woo Jiho’s sister, Woo Mirae.” She beamed.
 
“Nice to meet you, Mirae-ssi. I didn’t know Jiho hyung’s sister could do martial art.” He shook her hand.
 
Her eyes widened in panic as she shook her head.
 
“NO! You cannot tell him. Jiho oppa would kill me if he knows I’ve been fighting again.” 
 
Daehyun laughed. He has never had this much fun before. He guided her to her workplace and explained to her what she should do.
 
“Damn, this is a lot of work.” She mumbled.
 
“Oh, I almost forgot. Your coffee."  He grinned as he handed her the coffee he bought.
 
Her face slightly pinked at his gesture.

"Thank you." She shyly thanked him.
 
 
*****
 
“You did tell him in the end.” Mirae closed the photo album.
 
“Well, he was interrogating me. He wants to know if i’m worthy to be your boyfriend.” He defended himself.
 
“Of course you are! You can kick too!” Mirae said.
 
Daehyun shook his head at his wife’s antics. He’s going to make lots of memories with her. A messy one, he thought.
 
 
 
 
 
2014.05.02 friday