Prank Gone Right - Zico [ eunmini ]

My Bias, Your Bias [ A one-shot/scenario request ] OPEN

name: kwon minji

bias: zico
scenario: when zico and minji get back together by a stupid prank made up by their friends.
genre: romance, comedy and a bit of angst
 

“This is getting ridiculous.” Park Kyung mumbled as he watched his best friend sulked on his living room.
 
“Well sorry, but i don’t have anywhere to go. Minji locked me out of our apartment.” Zico glared at him before slumping back to the couch he has grown familiar with in the past week.
 
Park Kyung let out a silent sigh before he trudged back to the kitchen. He walked out a moment later with two bags of chips in his hands, tossing one to Zico before he plopped into the couch.
 
“You should’ve apologize. Haven’t you learn your lesson? Minji is not someone you can mess around with and not do anything. Of all people, you should’ve have know that.” 
 
“She’s selfish, that’s what. Maybe this relationship is not going to work out after all.” Zico whispered the last sentence.
 
“Your choice.” Park Kyung shrugged but from his peripheral view, he can see Zico stiffened at his reply.
 
*****
 
“WHY?!” Chaerin winced when her best friend punched her stuffed toy and throw it across the room.
 
“You really should calm down. Why won’t you apologize anyway. You guys are so weird.” Chaerin whined as she left the comfort of her bed to get her plush. 
 
“He kept flirting with that stupid bi— UGH! and even after all that, he had the audacity to say he was busy working! Even an idiot would know he’s lying.” Minji threw herself onto the bed.
 
“You know he’s very friendly with everyone. That’s his nature. You of all people should know that.” Chaerin sighed.
 
Minji let out a soft sigh and stared at the night sky. Chaerin’s right, she thought. They have been friends for years before they started dating and she knows how social Zico can be. She closed her eyes and pictured his smiling face in her mind. She’d be lying if she says she doesn’t miss him. It has been a week and she’s worried sick about him. The only thing she can do is to ask Chaerin to kept her on the loop, considering her best friend is Park Kyung’s cousin.
 
“Maybe we should just call it off.” Minji whispered.
 
Chaerin turned her attention to her best friend. She’s known her ever since they were in grade school. Minji is a strong and stubborn girl on the outside but she knows better.
 
“Just… try to talk to him, okay?” Chaerin gently squeezed Minji’s shoulder and gave her a soft smile.
 
 
 
*****
 
When Minji fell asleep, Chaerin tiptoed out of the room and took out her phone. She locked herself in the storage room and dialed her cousin.
 
“Chaerin, this is 2 in the morning. I need my beauty sleep.” Park Kyung croaked.
 
“This is emergency, idiot. She thinks she should break up with Zico.” Chaerin hissed.
 
“Oh, Zico thought so too. And you’re calling me because?”
 
“I don’t know, maybe because I don’t want them to be this stupid?”
 
Park Kyung chuckled at his cousin’s outburst. He sat on his bed and the light. 
 
“What are you proposing?” 
 
Park Kyung smiled as he listened to Chaerin’s plan. By the time she ended the call, it’s already 4 in the morning. He can hear Zico waking up to get some water and he let out some incoherent words.
 
“How did she live with him? I can’t wait for him to go home.” He complained when Zico accidentally dropped the mug on the metal sink.
 
*****
 
“Why are we here?” Minji asked Chaerin when she forced her to get out of her car after a 10 minutes drive
 
“I need to borrow something.” Chaerin grinned when she pulls out her phone and call someone.
 
“Where are you?” Park Kyung asked when he answered her call.
 
“Lobby. You?” 
 
“Inside their apartment. I’ve pulled out their keys so hurry up.”
 
“Okay, boss.” Chaerin rolled her eyes.
 
“Who’s that?” Minji asked as they ride the elevator.
 
“Oh, we’re here!” Chaerin ignored her question.
 
*****
 
“Hi kyung.” Minji smiled when Park Kyung walked out of the bathroom.
 
Park Kyung returned her smile.
 
“Sorry i let myself in. Chaerin told me the password because i really need to use the bathroom.” he apologized.
 
“oh, no worries. Why are we here?” Minji asked.
 
“There’s something you need to see.” Chaerin pulled her hand and dragged her towards the bedroom.
 
“Wha- Guys! What the—“
 
Park Kyung gave her a final push before they locked the door. 
 
“This isn’t funny guys. Let me out.” Minji spoke out.
 
“Don’t shout. You might wake him up.” Park Kyung chuckled and Minji let out a curse when she heard them walking away.
 
She furrowed her eyebrows and turned around in realization when she finally understood Kyung’s words. There he was, sleeping like a baby on their bed. She unconsciously smiled and walked closer to the bed.
 
“I miss you.” She whispered.
 
“But you’re a jerk. I know you’re very social and all but think about me sometimes, oppa. I’m your girlfriend. Am i not that important?” She continued as her fingers brushed away strands of hair covering his face.
 
She let out a tiny squeak when Zico suddenly grabbed her hand.
 
“You’re not asleep.” She breathed out.
 
“I was until you come.” 
 
They locked eyes for a moment before she finally stood up.
 
“You should sleep more. You look tired. I’m gonna call Chaerin and tell her to open this door.”
 
“And you don’t? You miss me, right? Why can’t you say it to me?” Zico asked.
 
“What’s the point?” She turned to face him as series of flashback came to her.
 
“You rarely say i love you or i miss you. You just go on and about with this relationship, not wondering if I’m worried whether you cheat or not. Whether you still love me or not.” Zico stared into her eyes.
 
“You know I do! You flirt with that- that woman and you expect me to keep saying that?” Minji raised her voice.
 
“HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!” Zico finally exploded.
 
She let out a scoff as tears run down her cheeks.
 
“WELL YOU CAN START BY TELLING ME YOUR PROBLEMS, NOT BY FLIRTING AROUND!”
 
“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, DO YOU? I LOVE YOU! I’M SCARED THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE! YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHING. YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING!”
 
It was when Minji saw Zico’s teary eyes she finally closed and stop shouting. She watched him slumped back to the bed and cover his face. 
 
“I do love you, you know.” She whispered.
 
“I know. But sometimes, it can be hard to believe that.” Zico looked to his side when she sits next to him.
 
“I’m sorry.” She said.
 
He let out a chuckle and squeezed her hand.
 
“It’s my fault too. I’m sorry.” He replied and pulled her into a tight hug.
 
“I really miss you.” He breathed in the smell of her shampoo and his lips curved into a smile.
 
‘i’m home.’ he thought as he feels her lips on his.
 
“DID YOU GUYS MADE UP?” both of them jumped out in surprised when they heard a loud banging and Kyung’s voice.
 
“That idiot.” Zico and Minji said in unison before they broke into laughters.
 
“We need to thank them.” Zico said.
 
“Yeah, after i kicked his .” Minji grinned.
 
 
 
2014.04.24 thursday
Seoulchae