Coincidences

Scribbles on My Desk

Previously on, 'Scribbles on My Desk' :

'Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo's friends. My name is a s-e-c-r-e-t.'

'That's good that I can get his attention.'

'Yes, I do like Kyungsoo. I know but that's what I like about him; that personality of his.'

'For Kyungsoo: Won't you greet me properly?'

Kyungsoo scoffed, "I'll have to meet you face to face to greet you, idiot." One thing was for sure, it wasn't a prank. Someone knows Kyungsoo and this person has taken a liking. Kyungsoo erased the message that was for him but left the other ones so his friends could read it; not wanting to disappoint them.


Joonmyeon had waited around the corner for Kyungsoo to enter the classroom before allowing the breath that he was holding in go. Sweat making his way down the side of his face. He never knew it could be so scary to almost be caught in action. He had thought that Luhan could buy him enough time to sneak in and escape. For now, Joonmyeon cannot underestimate Kyungsoo. Thinking back to his friends he hurried over to his classroom before the bell rang. Reaching the classroom he made sure to avoid eye contact with his friends and scurried over to his seat and set out his notebook and writing utensil to start the day.

While trying to pay attention to the lesson being taught, Joonmyeon could not shake the awful presence of his friends eyeing him. He could literally see Luhan just staring at him and Jongdae giving him side glances. Then he felt little paper balls being thrown at the back of his head. Obviously, it was no one else but Kris. Joonmyeon was close to growling at the latter with a lecture about not to waste precious paper that people had cut down trees for and that the papers should be used for sacred notes on lesson that our future depends on. Eventually the paper ball throwing had stopped and finally Joonmyeon could breathe out a sigh, but he was hit with a question.

"Where were you this morning, Joonmyeon?"

Joonmyeon ignored Luhan. Class time is meant for lessons and note taking.

"Where did you go? You weren't in the classroom before us."

Yet again, Luhan was ignored. Everyone knows how precious schooling is to Joonmyeon but the guy could at least muster a small quick reply. That's one thing that Luhan loves about his friend but also disliked about his friend. Feeling frustrated that he was being ignored Luhan had ripped off a peice of paper from his notebook which earned a gasp from Joonmyeon. Luhan continued to write a question on the paper and threw it onto Joonmyeon's desk.

Joonmyeon's urge to open the paper note was distracting his undivided attention to the lesson but he was so curious as to what Luhan had wrote. Joonmyeon looked up to the clock to check the time and sees that they only had five more minutes until the next lesson and so he decided this one time he would let it slide and reached for the note given by his dearest friend.

'Are you hiding something from us?'

Joonmyeon's face was frozen still. He really at hiding secrets and lieing his way out of trouble. Those are the moments when he hated that he's so honest. Face still frozen he hadn't noticed that the first lesson had ended and his dearest friend Luhan had been waving a hand across his face. "A-ha! You are hiding something. Tell me!"

Joonmyeon came back to senses and shook his head like crazy. "No. Really, I'm not hiding anything. Really, Lu."

Luhan leaned in close to Joonmyeon, "Lie all you want. Me, Jongdae and Kris knows that you're hiding something and we will find out. You know we will." Luhan crossed his arms and gave a dead serious look to Joonmyeon and all the latter could do was gulp and pray to the heavens that he can keep his secret safe.


The only thing that was running through Kyungsoo's mind was the ridiculous question that was written on his desk. He mentally scoffed. Greet you properly? As if he could. The only clue Kyungsoo got about his weirdo is the color of the hair, dark brown. He wasn't too tall but not too short either. Good build but not too big and not too scrawny. Kyungsoo ruffled his hair in frustration because that narrowed down to almost all the guys in the school.

He ended up sulking for the rest of the class and it didn't go unnoticed by his lovely friends. Once the first lesson had ended they had a ten minute break. All three surrounded Kyungsoo's desk and started their interrogation.

"Admit it. You're distracted by the scribbles." Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and sighed.

"The person didn't leave their name either." Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol.

"Hyung, wouldn't this count as a confession? We need to find this girl!" Kyungsoo then turned to Sehun and broke the news to the gang. "It's not a girl. It's a guy."

"WHAT?!?!?"

"SHHHHH!!" Kyungsoo had to slap his friends mouth shut and was so embarrassed that he sunk down in his chair and put a book over his face and turned over to whisper to his friends, "Guys, not so freaking loud. What the hell?"

The guys were still letting the information sink in. "So, you're saying it's not a girl but a guy?" Kyungsoo nodded his head. "But how do you know. Oh, wait! Does this mean that you've met him?" Chanyeol was getting a little bit excited. Kyungsoo shook his head.

"No, I haven't officially met him. I only saw him for the first time today."

Sehun scooted closer to Kyungsoo, "Then.....hyung, do you recognize him?"

Kyungsoo pondered at that question. Honestly, no. He didn't recognize him. I mean, he only saw the back. Giving out another sigh, "No. I only saw his back."

"Wait." Kyungsoo turned to Jongin. "Then how are you sure that its a guy. You said you only saw his back. Did you see him in the classroom or in the hallway?"

"I'm sure it's him. I didn't see him in the classroom but he came out of the classroom and all I saw was his back."

Chanyeol still confused, "But how sure are you?"

Kyungsoo gave a dead serious look at the guys, "Because my guts told me."


Joonmyeon was brooding over the whole 'Luhan-will-find-out-what-he's-hiding' incident in the classroom earlier. He kept his head slunk down and avoiding all eye contact with his friends. This is the first time that he had ever kept a secret from his friend and it weighed heavy on his heart but this wasn't something that he was ready to share with his friends. This secret was something that he thought he could maintain and keep.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and slowly raised his head. It was Kris. "Relax. Me and Jongdae's not as crazy as Luhan." Jongdae jumped in, "Yeah! Although we felt something off with you; we're not gonna go crazy digging in. Chill." Joonmyeon cracked a smile at his friends. "Thanks guys. But can't you guys help fend Lu off?" Kris and Jongdae gave each other a look and both shook their heads.

Joonmyeon gave them an incredulous look, "But I thought you guys were on my side."

Kris raised up a finger, "We didn't say that. We just said that we're not as crazy as Luhan."

Jongdae seconding that motion, "We aren't going to dig in your secret but we all know that we can't stop Luhan once he starts something. Sorry Jun, can't help you there." Jongdae tried giving Joonmyeon an encouraging smile but it only made Joonmyeon sulk even more. Joonmyeon huffed a frustrated sigh and stalked off. He was so upset.

He was angry walking and slightly stomping his was down the hallway. Everyone was giving him weird looks and he could care less. He just wanted to let off some stress. As he was stomping away he noticed that he was near Kyungsoo's classroom and almost instantly, his stress blew away. He inched closer to the classroom to peek in but it was empty. Joonmyeon's shoulder slumped. He was hoping for a glance. As Joonmyeon was turning away, "I was right. Dark brown hair."

Joonmyeon was caught off guard and turned to the voice. In the back of his mind, it was telling him not to but his body had already reacted and it was slowly going downhill as he came face to face with none other than the boy he was trying to keep a secret about, Do Kyungsoo.


Author's Note: Honestly, I don't know when I'll update chapters. It comes and goes. Sorry if you all will feel annoyed that I update and then disappear. It's just been a bit stressful on my end but I really don't like leaving my stories uncomplete. So, up to you all to have patience with me or stop reading. Sorry for all this mess. But I want to thank everyone reading my stories so far. Sorry for the trouble.