Chapter 8

The Words To My Empty Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 





chapter 8

story by itsmemisstkytk - 

Have you ever had that feeling, like no one was ever beside you? Yeah my family was but a friend, a true friend. People come in and out of our lives all the time, and that was true. I never was able to meet someone that stayed with me for a long time. All this time I only thought about how I was helping her, how I was keeping her safe, but I never thought the other way around. To be honest, she taught me a lot of things and I haven't realized it. She's always there, she never leaves. I don't know how long this will last. We might part ways one day when high school ends or when she finds a lover or even when she gets tired of me. It's like writing a book or maybe even reading one. You get attached without realizing it. You bring the book everywhere with you. You spend time reading it, embracing it all by yourself. When you realize that it gets near the end, you want to know what happens but you don't want it to go away. That's exactly how I feel. I like this feeling and I don't want it to go away any time soon.

It was another typical day at the school. The exam period has just past and everyone was stressing about their grades. There was no sign of the teachers finishing the grades any time soon.

It was break time and Krystal was standing at her locker, scrolling through her phone. A frown appeared on her face as she let out a sigh. No messages. At all. Only one period passed but Krystal missed her best friend. Since the morning, Krystal had not received one single message from Seulgi after their daily "good morning". It had been almost a week since Krystal last saw Seulgi. Krystal didn't blame her though, it was exam season, everyone would be busy studying, but it was strange that Seulgi didn't study with Kai and Krystal.

Letting out a sigh, Krystal stuffed her phone into her pocket and closed her locker sadly. Before she could take a step forward, with her eyes looking down at her shoes like usual, she saw a familiar pair of shoes. Her eyes made it's way to the owner's face as she smiled softly.

"I got you this since we didn't have time for breakfast this morning." Kai said, holding a grocery bag of snacks. His eyes examined her as her cheeks turned a slight pink. Her hands grabbed the bag as her fingers brushed against his. A soft "thank you" escaped her lips as he nodded to acknowledge her. It had been a few weeks since she confessed her feelings to him. To be honest, he was taken aback. He didn't expect it nor did he know how to reply. All he remembered was him staring at her in silence and patting her head afterwards, giving her a small smile and telling her, it was late and they should go to bed. He didn't exactly reject her. It was more like a to be continued or give me time to think about it. Kai honestly didn't know how he felt about her at the time and he still doesn't. All he knew was that he cared about her and he was glad that she wasn't mad at his answer. He was glad she didn't avoid him or became awkward around him. That was the last thing he wanted to happen. Especially after everything that happened a few months ago.

The two walked to class as Krystal told Kai about the Seulgi situation. Kai couldn't help but laugh a bit. The two were like a couple, if one was missing the other would be heartbroken. Knowing Seulgi, she was probably up to some random surprise for Krystal, or just playing a joke on the two. As the two reached the classroom, Kai told her not to worry. He promised her that Seulgi would reply by the end of the day.

"Where's Sehun?" Krystal asked as the bell rang while looking at the empty seat behind Kai. Sehun had been transferred to their homeroom before exams. The principal reported that Sehun was causing trouble for his previous homeroom teacher, and that was why he got switched into the top class of their grade. Sehun wasn't still perfect in his current class, but the teacher knew what to do to get Sehun's act straight. Sehun wasn't dumb, he was smart, he just didn't try. He had his reasons. He was mysterious and not many people knew much about him.

"He's probably running late like usual. He loses track of how long his breaks are. It's Sehun. He's weird." Kai replied, hearing Krystal laugh softly as the teacher walked in and began class.

"No, Oh Sehun. Like usual." the teacher said, shaking her head as she began to write on the board.

 

Sehun stood in the parking lot, cleaning his motorcycle helmet as he looked at his reflection. "I just don't look like I feel well enough to go to class today." He muttered before seeing a figure skip through the parking lot, towards the front door. Squinting his eyes, his face lightened up as he reconized who it was.

"Kang Seul-," before he could finish, the lady ran up to him, covering his mouth with her hands.

"Shut up, will you?!" Seulgi screamed at him, before Sehun yanked her hand away, making her cross her arms.

"How are you going to tell me to shut up and still scream right after? Does that even make sense?" Sehun rolled his eyes, grabbing his backpack from his motorcycle, and throwing it over his shoulder. Seulgi rolled her eyes and continued walking towards the front door, while Sehun strided to match her small steps. "What are you doing here anyways? Don't you have school?" Sehun asked, following her.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. Don't you have class?" Seulgi replied with sass, her feet heading towards the principal's office. Before she reached for the door, Sehun stood in front of it.

"Wait.. Are you-," just when Sehun was about to finish, the principal showed up down the hall. "I'll see you around. Bye!" Sehun said quickly, running the opposite direction towards his classroom. Sehun stopped in front of a glass case of trophies as he stared at his reflection, fixing his hair. "Actually. I do look well enough for school."

 

"That Oh Sehun. When will he ever listen?" The principal chuckled as he made eye contact with Seulgi. "Oh, you must be Kang Seulgi. Come in." He gestured, opening the door for her as she bowed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter