Chapter 4

The Words To My Empty Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 





chapter 4

story by misstalkytalk - 

She really didn't know anything, to be honest. She had the money and the fortune but never explored. Maybe she did but not my way. She went to luxurious places, I went to common places. She was like a book that was never brought anywhere. She only stayed on one shelf that stayed in one room. She was clueless most of the time, and I had to explain every little thing to her. The day came when she finally met more people. People that liked her cover but also her pages. People like me.

It was finally autumn break and Kai could tell Krystal was happy. She had been talking more lately and maybe it was because it meant a week without seeing anyone from school. Krystal was folding her laundry while sitting comfortably on the couch. The two got out of school early because of the break. The bruises on her face were fading, the cuts on her legs weren't as visible, and her arms were healing up.

Kai was on the phone with his parents while pacing back and forth in the living room. Looking at Krystal he put the phone on hold and coughed to get her attention. At the sound of the cough her eyes looked up at him.

"Do you need to do anything this week?" Kai asked. "Anywhere to go?" He added before she shook her head and he went back to the phone.

"But we'll only stay for a day and leave the next morning. I have a friend that's with me..." He started.

"Go ahead and take him with you," Mrs. Kim replied.

"The person is actually a-," Kai started.

"Your father is calling me, I'll see you tomorrow morning," Mrs. Kim said and hung up. Kai blinked at the phone before looking over at Krystal. Her head was tilted a bit, staring at him blankly before opening to speak but it only closed a few seconds later.

"I have to visit my parents. You have no choice but to come with me. If you can't or if you don't want to, I can-," Kai started and she shook her head quickly.

"I can go." Krystal interrupted.

He looked at her, his eyes staring straight at her, blinking quickly a bit. Did she really just offer to go? Not that it was a bad thing or anything but the fact that she said it herself made him think twice about her. Then again she didn't know where Kai's parents live, she didn't know what they were like or where he was from. She didn't know anything about him. What if she ended up just wanting to leave the place? Then what would Kai do? But then again, who was he to care about what she thought she offered anyways.

“We’ll leave early morning. I want to get there early morning to see them.” Kai said as Krystal nodded in response before fixing up the clothes.

Looking around, she ran to Kai’s bedroom, grabbing her backpack and running back out before she began to put her clothes in it. She didn’t know how long they were staying but extra was better than not having enough. Kai watched her quietly while making his way around the apartment looking for his clothes. Stopping and letting his eyes roam the place, he felt a soft and hesitant tap on his shoulder before turning around. His eyes met her’s as she pointed towards the window where his laundry was laying. Thanking her with a nod, Kai began to pack up, glancing at her from time to time.

 

It was two in the morning as Kai gathered all their things and put it next to front door. Making his way around the apartment, Kai frowned a bit when he didn't see Krystal in the living room. He was so busy worrying about the fact that he was going to meet his parents, that he didn't keep an eye on Krystal. Making his way towards her room, Kai opened it slowly before seeing her sleep peacefully on the bed with her shoes on and ready to go. Staring at her blankly, Kai coughed to get her attention but Krystal didn’t even move one bit. Walking slowly up to her, Kai tapped on her softly before seeing the young girl stir in her sleep. Taking a step back, Kai watched as Krystal’s eyes fluttered open before she quickly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“I didn’t mean to fall asleep. Are we late?” Krystal asked worriedly before getting up.

“No, we’re not,” Kai replied shortly as he followed her out the door.

“I’m sorry,” Krystal said apologetically.

Kai only shrugged a bit before grabbing his backpack and sports bag. He didn’t always bring that many things and clothes but he somehow felt like he needed to bring extra clothes, just in case Krystal didn’t bring enough. Besides, he did get gifts for his parents too. Walking around, he checked his apartment one more time before walking out of it while Krystal wore her backpack and carried a sports bag she had borrowed from him as well. His eyebrow rose seeing how she struggled with it before he remembered that she was still kind of hurt. Reaching for her bag, Kai took it from her, receiving a confused look from the girl.

"I'll carry it." Kai told her as she nodded and followed him quietly humming a song to herself. He knew she didn't know much about the trip. Only the fact that he lived in the countryside. That's all she knew. She didn't say much when the two were walking towards the train station. Most of the time she would be looking at the city's night lights and admiring it.

"I've never been on a subway before." Krystal spoke up as they walked, making Kai stop for a second and stare at her, a bit shocked. She had to be lying. She was Krystal Jung. She had to go on a trip before. Just look at her. Maybe she went on planes instead. “I’ve never traveled before.” She finished as Kai shook his head at her before walking into the subway station.

Although it was a nice time, the place was crowded. Afraid she would get lost since it was her first time, Kai stopped and looked at her as she stared at him blankly. Obviously he wouldn’t grab her hand, he had to hold their bags and they weren’t like that anyways. Motioning her to come towards him, he told her to hold his arm as she hesitated at first but only ended up holding it tightly.

Kai watched her as he walked towards the ticket booth. She was afraid of people and he could tell. Some people gave her the looks, probably knowing who she was, while others stared at her as if she was goddess. She avoided the touch of people that passed by and she stayed close to Kai, avoiding everyone around her. If only he could tell her it was okay, but how would he pursued her after she’s been through so much?

 

Finally arriving at the ticket booth, Kai bought two tickets before handing one to Krystal as they made their way towards the train. Like he expected, they were early. Kai was always early, he was the type that liked to be on time. If you’re early, you’re on time, if you’re on time, you’re late. That was his quote. Seeing how Krystal must have been tired from the time and walking to the train station, Kai led her to the bench where their train would arrive soon. Telling her to sit down, Kai placed the bags down next to her before turning around and started to walk.

“Jongin,” Krystal called, grabbing his arm. “Where are you going?” she whispered.

“I’ll be back, I promise. I’m going to go look around and buy some stuff,” Kai assured her as she slowly let go and took a step back, letting him walk off.

His foot steps were fast and he didn’t realize it. He didn’t want to leave her alone for too long, he knew how afraid she was after all. His eyes flicked back and forth as he ran to a booth, buying snacks and two water bottles before Kai started making his way back. Thoughts ran through his head. The fact that he judged her made him feel bad. She didn’t know anything. She never went on a trip, she never bought a train ticket, was she lying all this time in school? Did her parents not let her go? There were so many questions the young man wanted to ask her but he couldn’t.

 

Finally coming back, Kai’s eyebrow slightly rose when he saw a young man sitting next to Krystal and trying to talk to her. Her arms were wrapped around her backpack tightly and her eyes on their bag each time she moved away from the male but he moved closer. Trying to get up, she only failed when the male reached for her hand, but before he could even reach it, Kai was already nearby and Krystal had already ran towards him, hiding behind him as she held his backpack tightly. Turning his head to glance at her, Kai nodded softly to assure her she was okay. Watching the male glare at Kai before leaving, Kai led her once again back to the bench before sitting down with her.

“Here, eat some snacks and drink some water,” Kai told her, passing it to her as he watch her drink the water slowly. How could he be so wrong about her? All this time he thought she would be someone that was use to males flirting with her but once again he was wrong. He hated himself for assuming things without getting to know her first.

“Why do males do that?” Krystal spoke up looking at him. “Why do they always flirt with girls when they don’t even know them? Physical contact too... He didn’t even know me and I told him I felt uncomfortable with him.” she muttered kicking her feet softly back and forth.

“Not all guys are like that,” Kai started.

“You’re not like that,” Krystal interrupted before covering . Kai blinked at her confusingly, before hearing a small laugh escape her lips. “Sorry.” she apologized as she looked down at her feet.

“They’re idiots, don’t worry about them. You do know you can yell at them or talk strongly. Don’t be so weak and scared. I know it’s hard at first but if you try, you’ll get use to it,” Kai told her.

“But I tried a lot of times and only got hurt after by them,” Krystal muttered as Kai looked at her. Them? Most likely it was her father, but who else would do such a thing? Who else would hurt her when she fought back for her rights? Before Kai could even ask, the sound of a bell was heard as he stood up, grabbing their bags and helping Krystal put on her backpack.

"Come on. It's time to go." Kai told her before letting her hold him by his backpack and follow him once again. His eyes moved back and forth from the ticket to the train, checking multiple times to make sure it was the right train. When he was sure, being a gentleman, he let her go on first before following it right after when he noticed her eyes kept staring at him, afraid he might leave.

"What do we do now?" Krystal whispered embarrassingly.

"On your ticket there's a seat number, go find it. I'm right behind you and we will sit together, don't worry." Kai told her before she nodded and started looking for the seat. Her head kept turning to make sure Kai was behind her; before he knew it, she grabbed his wrist softly, making him stare at her fingers around his wrist instead of looking ahead.

"I found it." Krystal said excitedly, letting go of his wrist as she pointed at the seats.

"Yeah. Good job. Why don't you sit next to the window? Let me put these up." Kai told her as she nodded and sat down while he put their bags up on the storage on top of them. Taking his backpack off, he placed it under him as he watched Krystal look out the window excitedly. Once she turned around, he pointed at her backpack before she took it off as he took it for her and placed it under her seat as well.

"Is it far? I want to sit on here for a long time. It looks fun." Krystal smiled not letting her eyes leave the window.

“It’s a long ride, you’re going to fall asleep later,” Kai warned her as he closed his eyes.

“I wish it was bright so we can see,” Krystal told him.

“You’ll get to see when we come back,” Kai muttered as Krystal turned around and looked at him. Her hand waved in front of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter