Chapter 2

The Words To My Empty Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 





chapter 2

story by misstalkytalk - 

It was as if the book was torn. The lock that was on the book got broken instead of unlocked and the pages were ripped out of it. The perfect blank and mysterious pages ended up in wrinkles and small pieces with no one to tape it back together. The book didn't have a spine, there was no support. It just all fell apart with one rip. But then why did I have to show up? That's right because I was the author. The tape that helped the book stick together again, the tape that fixed everything. I became that tape.

From that day on, she followed me everywhere. On the bus, off the bus, to school, in school, during class, during lunch, and all the way home. They always noticed her and left me out of it. It made me happy but her, I felt bad. I was only being nice and doing what everyone should do. But no matter what they seem to never leave her alone. She seemed depressed and tired. It was like the book got soaked in the rain and was never able to dry. But how can I help her? I barely met her and I only moved here a few months ago. Was she expecting something from me?

 

Another morning came as Kai mentally yelled at himself and rushed out the door. He wasn't late, but at this time, he knew for sure that he wasn't going to be the earliest one like always. Of course she wasn't at the bus stop, he was the one that wasn't on schedule. His foot steps were quick as he made his way quickly towards the school. Like he predicted, he wasn't the earliest one when he reached the classroom. Kai's eyes wandered around the classroom and noticed how none of the soccer players or queenkas were in the class. Krystal's friends weren't, the mean girls weren't. His eyebrow raised slightly and the next thing he knew, the classroom was empty when a crowd was seen outside. His steps were slow this time. He wasn't usually interested in these kind of things but something gave him the feeling that he should go. What did Kai see? Krystal was surrounded. By the soccer team, her so called friends, everyone in the school, and most importantly, Sulli and her friends. It wasn't the usual gather up. It was different. It was bad.

"Jung Soojung, are you even listening to me?" Sulli asked.

"I have to get to class," Krystal told her. Her friends were all whispering to each other, leaving her in the middle of the crowd by herself, standing in front of Sulli. Minho, who had a crush on Krystal , didn't even speak a word and stood there with his team. Kai stood in the crowd, where he couldn't be seen by Krystal. He didn't even know what was going on, so why should he help?

"Are you listening?!" Sulli screamed and Krystal just stared at her. "Everyone knows, there's no use hiding it anymore. To those who don't know, I'll just tell." Sulli whispered, stepping closer to Krystal, every time she said something.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Krystal muttered, looking down at her feet.

"You're good at lying, aren't you?" Sulli asked. "Everyone knows your dad went broke already and you're living in an apartment! Stop hiding it, Jung Soojung!" She screamed, grabbing Krystal's arm as Krystal bit her lip hard. She turned around to walk away but was only tripped as she fell on the ground pitifully. The students were all muttering now. Rumors were going to spread. The truth came out. Kai heard it all. Her friends were looking at her in disgust, the soccer team was laughing at her along with Sulli and her friends, while Minho just stood there. He was a jerk. Krystal looked up at Sulli but was only glared down at.

"A princess that doesn't have a castle. That just makes you a peasant that wants to be a princess." Sulli said to her as the tears formed in Krystal's eyes. "I pity you. I never thought the day that Krystal Jung would lose to me, came this easily. You're a liar. You're not rich anymore, you're not a princess anymore, you're a peasant that everyone hates now. A peasant is okay, but a peasant that lies to stay on top, that's a shame." Sulli said as Krystal's tears began to fall and everyone started spitting bad words at her. Her head was hung low, she was on the floor, all she did was looked at the ground and cried to herself. No one wanted to help her, everyone was throwing their things at her. They took her things and ripped it apart. They threw her things. They bullied her, even worse than the kids that got bullied everyday. They were all laughing at her. Everyone. No one cared anymore. The pages were torn and the spine was broken.

Before an open milk of carton was going to get spilled on her, Kai stepped in and stood in front of the crying girl. Little gasp could be heard and questions about who Kai was, was also heard. There were also a few girls finally noticing him and now had a new goal to get him. Most of them were her old friends. The soccer team was looking at him curiously, and Sulli was just standing there, staring at him, wondering who he was. The screams continued but not as loud as earlier, but it still hurt her. Seeing the pair of shoes in front of her, Krystal looked up a bit.

"Jongin," Krystal whispered, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"Stop crying and stand up," Kai demanded as he glanced at her and saw the tears on her face. She shook her head softly and looked at him with her hurt eyes. "I said stand up." Kai repeated but she only bit her lip. "Stand up!" Kai shouted and grabbed her hand, remembering the small mark he saw last time on her wrist, as he pulled her up to face him. Looking at her from head to toe, he made a decision and left her things there, along with the bad people and the mean words, as he pulled her out of the class. The words could still be heard, but the stares weren't seen because she was looking down while his eyes were on the front doors of the school.

After reaching a park not to far from the school, Kai released her hand and she stood there. She stood and just stared at the ground with her hair covering her face. Kai only put his hands in his pocket and watched her. The next thing he knew, a small cry escaped as she fell on the ground and cried. She cried and Kai could tell she was hurt. The tears kept falling and he didn't know what to do with her. Letting out a sigh, he bent down and looked at her.

"Krystal," he called, letting the name leave his lips for the first time. "Krystal Jung." He repeated as she looked up at him. "Cry. Let out all those feelings and cry." He told her as she looked at him, confused. "Just let it out, no one is watching you but me." Kai whispers softly as she let the tears fall from her eyes and she cried even more.

She was having a hard time, and he knew she was. He wasn't the type to comfort people and embrace them, he wasn't ever planning to become that type of person, but she was so weak. The rain really did fall hard on the book and the pages were all torn and didn't have tape to fix it up. Placing his hand on her shoulder, the most physical contact he was ever planning on doing with someone, he saw her flinch a bit. He didn't know if it was because of shock or pain, but he left it there and looked at her.

"Are you done crying?" Kai asked as Krystal nodded softly at him. "Then wipe those tears up." He demanded, reaching for a tissue in his backpack as he gave it to her. She wiped her tears a bit and looked up at him blankly.

"Why did you help me?" Krystal asked softly. "Why didn't you just act like everyone else and laugh at me? Is it because you already knew?" She whispered and Kai shook his head. "Then why?"

"Because every book needs tape to fix it back up," Kai replied while she looked at him, a bit confused. "Don't you remember? I like to help people." Kai told her as she nodded and he stood up, helping her up as well. He did enjoy helping people, but only certain people, not everyone, but she didn't need to know that.

"I remember," Krystal nodded while fixing up her uniform and hair.

"That's why I helped you. Besides I'm different from them," Kai told her as he started to walk.

"Thank you," Krystal bowed a bit while following him. "Where are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter