Chapter 7

The Words To My Empty Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 





chapter 7

story by itsmemisstkytk - 

I didn’t expect it. It came out of nowhere. Did it really come out of nowhere or was I just that naive to never notice? This never happened to me before.. Or at least I never paid attention. Then again, me? There’s no way. I’m different, I’m not like the others. But why do I feel a pounding in my chest. I’m just nervous. Yeah. Nervous. I’ve felt this way before.

Sometimes a book could be full of surprises. When an author is so engrossed in a book, they tend to forget what they write or what they have created. They pour all this emotion into the book that they don’t realize, that the book could be taking it’s own turn. Authors just do what comes to their mind, for the good of the book. They just want the book to be better, because it’s something they cherish. When an author edits their story, they go back and read it, to find mistakes or make ideas better. Other times, the book surprises them with information that they didn’t even expect.

Krystal sat at the library as she shifted back and forth on her seat. A few sighs came out of her lips from here and there. Her cheeks were resting on her palms as she pouted slightly. She had been like this for days. No weeks. The thought of it made her cheeks burn and she could feel something caught in .

“Maybe I’m sick. Yes, I’m definitely sick.” Krystal whispered to herself before she saw two textbooks slide in front of her and a tall figure sitting down. Looking up, a small smile appeared on her face.

"Sick? Where?" Sehun asked, reaching over and feeling her forehead. "You don't have a temperature, but your cheeks are slightly red. Are you blushing because of me?" Sehun smirked before Krystal frowned at him and shook her head. She quickly packed her stuff, neatly putting her books and pens back in her backpack. "Where you going? I just got here!" Sehun yelled softly before the librarian shushed him and Krystal got up. Walking out the library quickly, Sehun ran after her, following her into the hallways. "Hello?" He asked once she reached her locker and turned to face him.

"I'm going to go see Seulgi." Krystal replied as Sehun's eyebrow raised a bit. Leaning against the locker, he pursed his lips. Biting his bottom lip slightly, he stared at Krystal before leaning down, close to her face. When Krystal closed her locker to turn and looked at Sehun, she gasped slightly, taking a step back.

"What are you and Seulgi doing?" Sehun asked curiously, still going towards her before Krystal hugged her books tightly across her chest.

 

Kai walked out the teacher's office quickly, once his meeting was over. He went to talk to the teacher after he received a perfect score on their last exam. Glancing around as he slightly jogged down the hall, he knew where he was going, just to look for the person he needed to find. The person he wanted to see. As he stepped through the library entrance, Kai spotted Krystal, sitting at her table. The expression she had on her face made him smile a bit, not knowing what she was thinking about. As Kai took a step forward to approach her, another figure slided in, taking his seat. Taking a step back and hiding behind the book shelf, Kai knew immediately that it was none other than Oh Sehun. Watching them quietly, Kai saw Sehun touched her forehead as Kai frowned a bit.

"Is she sick?" Kai muttered, digging through his backpack before he looked up and noticed that the pair was gone. "What... Where did they go?" He questioned, before leaving the library and going towards Krystal's locker. Not letting them notice him, he watched as Sehun got close to Krystal. He couldn't help but felt slightly frustrated. When he saw Sehun continue walking closer to Krystal, Kai coughed loudly, making sure Krystal noticed him. Kai let his eyes scan her, noticing her hugging her books tightly. Walking towards her, he grabbed the books out of her hands, before greeting Sehun.

"I was going to text you and tell you that I was going to meet up with Seulgi later." Krystal spoke softly, her eyes avoiding Kai's. Why was she doing that? Did Kai do something wrong again? Was she keeping a secret from Kai? Did he interrupt something that was going on between her and Sehun? What was she thinking?

"So when is Seulgi going to go to school here?" Sehun interrupted.

"Never. She doesn't want to go here." Kai replied quickly, his eyes still watching Krystal as she looked down at her shoes. Her body shifting back and forth.

"Well... Alright. I'll leave you two alone then. See you around." Sehun smiled at Krystal before walking out the school.

Before Krystal could walk ot the school, Kai took a big step and stopped her. His arms spread out, catching Krystal's attention as she looked up. Her cheeks turned slightly pink while Kai looked down at her, a questioning look on his face. Kai was confused. Krystal had always been shy, but today, it was different. She was being mysterious and it made Kai slightly worried for her.

"Where are you going to meet Seulgi at? I'll walk you." Kai told her.

"You don't have to! We're having a girls' day." Krystal replied quickly, her hands behind her back. Feeling her phone vibrate, she reached for it. She had received a message from Seulgi, telling her to meet at the park near Kai's apartment.

"What are you guys doing?" Kai asked, as he started to walk out the school. Krystal had no choice but to follow, since they were going the same way.

"We're just sitting at the park... Talking." Krystal answered, letting the breeze hit her face as she smiled softly. Kai looked at her, seeing how relaxed she was made him happy. She had become a lot stronger since they started living with each other. He couldn't have been more proud of her, even though he never told her.

"I guess I'll make us dinner then. Maybe we could watch a movie since our exams are over. Unless you want to study, that's fine with me too. I can help you with the problems you got wrong on your exams." Kai suggested, walking her to the park. Even though it was on the way home and the two did live in a safe neighborhood, Kai always made sure he saw Krystal reach her destination before proceeding with his errands. Maybe he was overprotective, but he couldn't help it. After all she's been through, and all the people that want to hurt her. Kai just wanted to let her know that he cared, even though he was a man with little words.

The past few weeks has gotten better since the incident that had happen. Kai made sure to gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter