Chapter 7

Kidnapped By Block B

“Spill it!” Lizzy hissed.

I looked at her with a perplexed expression. “Spill what?”

Lizzy grunted and harshly slapped my arm.

I yelped. “Hey! That hurt!” I exclaimed rubbing the part she hit.

“Just tell me already!” She pleaded.

I looked at her, confused. What was she talking about? Was there an assignment that I didn’t know? A secret that I forgot? Or maybe there was a quiz that I forgot to tell her? “About what?”

Lizzy let out an exasperated sigh and grabbed me by my shoulders. “I thought we were friends!” She whined, shaking me.

“We are!” I answered automatically.

 “Really?” She said, raising her tone. “But why didn’t you tell me you were going out with P.O!” She yelled, earning weird glances from our classmates. I sent them an apologetic look before turning away.

“I’m not!” I said in a hushed voice. I took her prying hands away from me. “Sheesh. What’s gotten in your head?”

“I saw it!” She said. “With my own two eyes. I can’t believe you would start dating and not tell me.” She pouted.

“We’re just friends.” I clarified.

“I don’t believe you!” She pointed an accusing finger at me. “I saw you two walking to school together and let me say you seem really comfortable with each other.”

I rolled my eyes. “We are just friends.” I said, emphasizing the word friends.

“Fine.” She raised her hands. “Let’s say you are ‘friends’” She made air quotations. “But since when? Because last time I checked, I was the only person you liked talking to.” She was right. I wasn’t antisocial or anything but I preferred her company over the annoying girls that did nothing but flirt and gossip and the annoying guys that think every girl wanted them.

“Since today.” I answered, plainly.

“Today.” She repeated.

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“I don’t believe you.” She said. “You’re not really the type of person that just starts talking to somebody and become friends.”

I let out an exasperated sigh, hoping Lizzy would shut up and drop the issue. But knowing her, she wouldn’t. “We’re friends, okay. End of discussion.”

“But-“ Lizzy was abruptly cut because of Mr. Kang’s appearance. Lizzy shot me a look before going back to her seat. I almost stood up and kissed Mr. Kang’s shiny bald head out of happiness.

 

Class was boring as usual. I tried my best to pay attention and understand what our teachers where saying but in the end, I decided to drown them out and listen to my thoughts, which mostly composed of Block B.

From what Kyung told me, when Zico left home he was with his friend, Mino. Mino was Zico’s closest friend, they were even closer than Kyung or Taeil. Zico lived with Mino till he was 17 when Mino suddenly decided to go back to his parents for a reason Zico didn’t want to share.

After 5 months of living alone, Zico met Kyung and Taeil on the club where he was working. After finding out that they have no place else to live, Zico decided it would be best if they lived with him. Finding out that Kyung and Taeil also left home was no big surprise. Kyung had an abusive family that beat him up, almost every chance they had while Taeil used to live with his father who did drugs. I always knew they would ran away it was just a matter of when.

U-Kwon ran away from home after his dad tried to sell him to loan sharks. He met Zico 2 months after Kyung and Taeil moved in with them.

It was a very difficult time for Block B since Zico was the only one with a job. The food wasn’t always enough to feed them and Zico took more shifts just so that they can all eat. Zico was exhausted all the time. Kyung even described him as a ‘living zombie.’ Feeling horrible, the others decided to also get a job.

Kyung started working at a flower shop, U-Kwon worked at the club with Zico, and Taeil started working in a bakery down the street. Life became stable for them during that time.

Jaehyo used to live in an orphanage with B-bomb. The orphanage decided them go after they turned 18. With no place to go and no food to eat, it was amazing how long they survived. They met Zico at a local restaurant where they tried to steal his food. Zico caught them and after seeing how skinny and hungry they were, decided to take them with him.

After a few months, both Jaehyo and B-Bomb started working at a nearby café. Block B’s life became easier now that everybody had jobs. Zico was even promoted as manager at the club he was working in.

They met P.O when they were 19. They saw him passed out at a dark alley, bloody and almost at the verge of death. They quickly took him to the hospital and when P.O woke up, he spent all day crying. He told them that he was an orphan – that his parents died 2 years ago. He also told them that he was mugged and that the last thing he remembered was a knife sticking to his stomach.

They took P.O with them after he got out of the hospital and the 7 of them were together ever since.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the bell. I yawned and gathered my stuff. “Let’s go, slowpoke!” Lizzy yelled from her seat.

“Okay!” I took my stuff and walked next to Lizzy.

 


Hi :D Sorry for not updating because I was really busy with school but I will do my best to update more often :D So anyhow, thank you for all the amazing comments you guys left :"> It really warms my heart reading them. Thank you for all those who subsribed and upvoted and basically just thank you to everyone reading this story. I love you guys~ <3