Zero-sided Love

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 14: Zero-sided Love

Kwangmin and Hyun Joo are standing on the bridge facing Hangang river without even stealing a glance at one  another.

‘Why did you want to meet me?’ Kwangmin asks.

‘You’re his brother right? I just wanted to get your approval to date him. that’s it.’ Hyun Joo’s voice annoys Kwangmin. she sounds overly confident and sly at the same time.

“Do whatever you want” was what he was supposed to say but the opposite words slip through his lips. ‘I’m almost completely sure Youngmin hyung doesn’t like you.’ Hyun Joo turns around and Kwangmin can feel her fierce stare burning against the side of his head.

‘Of course he doesn’t! He’s such a cold guy. I heard from Donghyun oppa he had a ‘date’ with you. Did you think he was going to pick you?! Of course he wouldn’t! I made sure he had no choice. Even when I kissed him he didn’t waver even a little bit. That’s why I took the picture.’ Now Kwangmin immediately turns around hearing the shocking news. Hyun Joo’s cheeks turn redder. Kwangmin can feel the blood boiling in his head.

‘You took that picture?’

‘I DID! SO WHAT?!’ She screams. She lets out a shriek when Kwangmin grabs her open jacket with his two hands and pulls her close.

‘Do you even know how much trouble you caused hyung because of that?’

He’s incredibly worried. Youngmin is already picked on at school. Now the student council guys from Paran could only have another reason to beat him up. He won’t let that happen. This kind of stupid girl can’t have Youngmin. She will use him.

Hurt him.

break him.

‘Let go of me!’ Only now Kwangmin can hear Hyun Joo’s voice. She has probably been screaming and cursing at him for a little while now. He lets go and watches her stumble backwards on her heels.

‘Bastard. I didn’t say anything about it being Youngmin oppa in the picture but now I will.’ She says. Her voice is so convincing that Kwangmin wavers.

‘Don’t.  He says in a begging tone. Hyun Joo seems surprised by his reaction. ‘Why do you care?’ She asks.

‘I won’t let you trouble him. You’re not worthy to be his.’

‘Like I’ll let you decide. Do you think I really wanted your approval or something? I just wanted to warn you to stay away from him.’

‘You are the one that’s supposed to stay away from him!’ Kwangmin yells. Hyun Joo looks like she’s going to curse but then she drops her shoulders and sighs.

‘Then what do I do? He’s incredibly good looking, smart and a member of the student council. He’s the ideal boyfriend for me.’ Then suddenly her expression seems bright. ‘You guys are twins so you’re also like that right? You look the same and you’re probably smart because you’re in Jiso high school.’ She announces. Kwangmin can’t hide his disgusted expression.

‘We’re twins but we are not the same person.’ He says. Hyun Joo smiles. ‘I know. Youngmin oppa is much more of a gentleman but I don’t mind bad boys. We can just say it was you in the picture instead of Youngmin oppa.’

Kwangmin’s jaw drops at Hyun Joo’s statement. What does this girl think she is to order me around like this? But then he remembers seeing Youngmin and the bruises on his body. He doesn’t want Youngmin to suffer. He promised himself he wouldn’t let that happen to him anymore the moment  he had told Kwangmin to stop crying. He can’t just hide and cry anymore. He has to do something. Right now.

‘Alright. But don’t talk to Youngmin hyung anymore.’

‘The same to you. You’re my boyfriend so don’t you even dare looking at Youngmin oppa. Give me your phone.’

‘Why?’

‘I’m your girlfriend so I have the right to decide who you meet and who you contact.’ Her face looks like she’s going to either slap him or tells the whole world she kissed Youngmin if he declines.

‘I don’t have it with me.’ He says truthfully. As expected he’s slapped against his cheek. Hyun Joo doesn’t say anything and takes out her phone.

‘Let’s take a picture to make our relationship public. Kiss me on the cheek alright?’ For the hundredth time after meeting Hyun Joo he thinks she’s disgusting. He can’t believe that he’s being manipulated by this kind of girl. His cheek burns.

‘My arm is going numb here. Kiss me you idiot.’ She says before smiling and winking cutely to practice for the picture. It takes a lot of effort for Kwangmin to even get his face closer to that of Hyun Joo. Just when he’s about to kiss her Hyun Joo moves away.

 

~

‘WHAT THE ?!’ Hyun Joo turns around and immediately freezes. Youngmin can see the fear in her eyes. He almost immediately breaks the eye contact and pushes her away. He immediately pulls Kwangmin in his embrace.

He can hear Kwangmin breathing in his ear and feels his heart bouncing against his chest.

‘Are you alright?’ He whispers. Kwangmin nods slowly. He lets go of Kwangmin and turns around, facing the shocked Hyun Joo.

‘Why are you dragging Kwangmin into this?’

‘If you don’t date me I’ll take Kwangmin oppa. There’s no difference between the two of you anyway.’ Youngmin struggles to keep himself from punching her. He has never wanted to hit a girl but now she’s the number one thing on earth he wants to learn a lesson.

‘Don’t talk like Kwangmin is your toy.’

‘It’s alright hyung.’ Youngmin is surprised by Kwangmin’s voice. He immediately turns away from Hyun Joo and faces Kwangmin.

‘I’ll say it was me on the picture. I’ll date her.’

‘Kwangmin…’ Suddenly, the boy in front of him looks completely different. Like he’s determined to go through with this. What the ?! Youngmin’s head feels heavy.

‘See. He wants to…’ – ‘Shut up.’ Hyun Joo gasps when he shuts her up. His throat feels dry and his heart is beating hard, making his chest hurt.

‘Do you like her?’

‘Of course he does.’ Hyun Joo says. Youngmin turns around, now finally losing his temper. ‘STAY OUT OF THIS YOU ING !’ He doesn’t even wait for her reaction and turns around. Now he’s facing Kwangmin, still in full rage mode.

‘DO YOU LIKE HER?!’

He regrets yelling when Kwangmin’s body shivers from shock. He closes his eyes. Trying to calm himself down.

‘I…’

I don’t want to hear it.

‘Because…’

My mind is all messed up.

‘Because if I date her. You won’t get in trouble with the student council right?’ Kwangmin’s words slowly sink in and Youngmin opens his eyes. ‘What are you saying?’

‘If I date her. The student council members won’t hate you right? You won’t get beaten up right? If it’s me, they won’t have another reason to hurt you.’

Youngmin can’t believe it. Is he crazy?! ‘Leave now Hyun Joo. For your information, you and Kwangmin aren’t dating. If you want to spread rumours do so. There are more people that will swallow my story easier than yours anyway.’ Hyun Joo stays quiet for a while, still in the same position, awkward position.

‘If you don’t want me to get mad again, leave. Don’t you dare say anymore.’ He can hear Hyun Joo turning around and quickly walking away, the sound of her heels slowly disappears and the sound of the passing cars and the flowing water of Hangang river is the only thing that can be heard.

All this time Youngmin hasn’t once looked away from Kwangmin. The younger has dropped his gaze. Facing his shoes.

 ‘Why did you do it?’

‘I couldn’t let you get hurt again.’ Youngmin’s vision is blinded by the tears forming in his eyes. He still can’t seem to get used to it. Kwangmin is always worrying and caring about him. From the moment they met again. No, probably even before that. Always. He’s always thinking of others instead of himself.

Youngmin doesn’t hesitate any longer and hurries to Kwangmin. he wraps his arms around his shoulders and buries his face in his brother’s sweater. The tears stream down his face. How could he let this happen to Kwangmin? His most precious person?

‘Don’t ever do this kind of thing again.’ He says before breaking down.

 

He sobs as he cries. His head is spinning. Everything in front of him is dark. Kwangmin wraps his arms around Youngmin’s waist. Youngmin slowly calms down as Kwangmin’s scent and warmth fill his mind. He ran out on his slippers, with just a shirt. He didn’t think about the temperature dropping. This makes Kwangmin’s warmth even more precious than it already is. He tightens his grip around Kwangmin. They stay like that for a while. Until Youngmin calms down.

‘I’m sorry. I really wanted to cry there but I didn’t want you to worry.’

‘I’m such an idiot. I thought you were one but I was wrong.’

‘You’re saying weird stuff hyung.’ Kwangmin says with a soft chuckle.

Youngmin sighs. ‘I’m not. I thought I wouldn’t worry so much if you didn’t cry anymore but I was dying when you said you agreed to date her. I worry when you say things like that. I also worried because you didn’t pick up your phone. When I realized you were going to meet Hyun Joo I was so scared. I’m sorry Kwangmin. For everything.’

Kwangmin lets go of him and puts his hands on Youngmin’s stomach. Youngmin can feel Kwangmin is trying to push him off and he quickly tightens his grip.

‘Hyung!’ Kwangmin whines, pushing even harder.

‘Just a little bit longer.’ The pushing stops and Kwangmin’s hands leave his stomach. ‘I’m not going to forgive you until you go on a date with me. You still have to buy me samgyupsal.’

‘Of course. Let’s go as soon as possible.’

 

~

The same night Kwangmin is lying in bed. Facing the ceiling. He still remembers the moment Youngmin had finally released him. his eyes were red and puffy and he looked really weak but relieved at the same time.

Kwangmin’s body turns hot and he can hear his heart beating loudly when he remembers Youngmin hugging him.

I think I really like him. When Jeongmin hyung or Minwoo hug me it feels completely different. I was so nervous and happy.

‘I was dying when you said you agreed to date her.’ His voice fills the room.

‘When I realized you were going to meet Hyun Joo I was so scared.’

‘Just a little bit longer.’

It’s different. We don’t sound the same. Why did Hyun Joo even say that? We are completely different. The difference is so big but yet so small. When he hugged me I was so happy. I’m missing him already. Not only his embrace. I miss everything. His voice when he says my name and when he smiles at me with his eyes. I feel like I’m going crazy. I’m sure that this is what they call

‘One sided-love.’

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

YESYESYES! I decided to call the chapter Zero-sided love, which is of course about Hyun Joo.

I thought One-sided love would make the chapter content too obvious. I'm proud of the title XD

I also made a new cover if you noticed and I SARANGHAE Witch ^_^ YoungKwang as y blondies right now kekeke ^^

SO, what I wanted to say. I'm having exams in two weeks so I'll either write a lot to not study or I won't write at all. I hope you can understand and keep supporting me. The comments and subs really cheer me up every moment&every day <3