Chapter 6: Choi Jinri

Finding him through memories (Sequel of Finding love in memories)

Helloooooooo!
Finally another chapter :D
This chapter is crucial, and I wonder if you will be able to find out the secrets :)
I want to finish this story and my other current story,
because really, I hate feeling that something is still unfinished.
But I will just have to take my time I think :)
But there is a new story I really, really, really want to write,
but I will finish my stories first before going on with a new one. :)
Enjoy!
Tinywings


-----

 

“Hyung, what do you know about that new owner?”

Taemin asked Jonghyun, who gave him a puzzled expression.

“You mean Choi Sooyeon?”

Taemin simply nodded, waiting for his friend to continue. Jonghyun scratched his head slightly before continuing.

“Well, for as far as I know, she lived in the neighborhood for a year, before buying the house. She is a university graduate, I remember. But why are you asking this?”

Jonghyun asked. Taemin shook his head a little.

“Nothing, I was just curious.”

Jonghyun smiled with a nod, thinking his friend just wants to know what kind of person the new owner is. However, that was not the case. No, Taemin was getting suspicious of the girl, because something just did not feel right when he was around her. The way she speaks, the way she acts, it unsettles him. Maybe, just maybe, she was someone from his past, someone he forgot. Because indeed, he had seen her before, and it just did not seem like a mere coincidence anymore. That is why he has to find out more about her.

 “Hyung, do you know where she works?” 

-

“And that is it for today. I will see you all next week.”

Sooyeon said as she bid goodbye to her students. She enjoys being a professor at the university she studied, and she loves the atmosphere that fills the campus. She glanced at the door opening, thinking that a student wants to ask her a question, but it was no other than Lee Taemin. Her eyes widened for a second, before it returned to their normal size. A bright smile appeared on her lips. 

“Taemin-sshi, what brings you here?”

Taemin walked towards her, wearing a serious expression.

“I just came here to ask you something.”

Sooyeon was starting to feel uncomfortable as he approached her.

“Do you, by any chance,” He showed her the only picture he had from her, “know the person in this picture?”

Her eyes widened in horror as she saw the picture. She did not know that Taemin would have a picture from her… She never told her that she had given Taemin a picture.

“I-I do not know this person.”

She reluctantly said, but Taemin did not buy it.

“It seems like the house means a lot to you, is it not? Strange, why would it be?”

Sooyeon tore her eyes from him, busying herself with collecting all her papers.

“Just because it means a lot to me, does not automatically mean I know her. I mean, who is she?”

Her hands were shaking in fright, and she did not know how much longer she would be able to continue lying.

“You live alone, right? Do you have any siblings, Choi Sooyeon?”

She stopped with what she was doing, and her whole body stiffened.

“Y-yes, I did.”

Her words came out like murmurs, but Taemin still heard it.

“You did?”

“She died when she was twelve.”

-

“My sister, Choi Jinri, died because of an accident. She was twelve when she died.”

“Died…?”

Taemin murmured to himself as he sat on his bed.  He thought he was finally able to solve this puzzle, but in the end, it only grew into more mystery. He sighed frustratingly before throwing himself on the bed, closing his eyes shut tightly. He tried to think of a plan, so he could get to know more. He cannot let it rest just like this, because his heart would not take it. He suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed his phone. He felt his heart beating faster as he waited for the other person to pick up.

“Hello, with Jonghyun.”

“Hyung, I am Taemin.”

He had to ask his hyung something important.

“Is something wrong?”

“Hyung, I want to ask you something important.”

His hand clenched on the phone in anxiousness.

“Hyung, what was the owner’s name who lived in the house before me?”

“W-why do you want to know that?”

“Hyung, please tell me.”

Taemin could hear his friend sigh.

“Choi Sulli.”

Choi… Sulli?

“Thank you, hyung.”

He said before ending the call. He was trying to put the pieces together, but the puzzle was really hard. 

-

I stood before the mirror, looking intensively at the me on the other side.

“Do you have any siblings, Choi Sooyeon?”

I closed my eyes tightly as those words were replaying in my head.

“She died when she was twelve.”

I can still clearly remember the day she died. She was smiling brightly as she ate from her ice cream. However, who would have thought that the building that was under construction would cause my sister’s death so cruelly. How she innocently walked beneath it, how I foolishly screamed to stop her, before one reinforcement bar caused her to die. It was terrible, awful, to see my own little sister die in front of me. As the older one, it felt like I was not capable enough of protecting her, and yes, I blamed myself for it. I was just like how Taemin is now, putting all the blame on myself. And that is precise the reason why I know exactly how Taemin feels right now. He should not know the truth, because that would not help him, at all. He should only know that Sulli really loved him, and that everything was an accident. The day I saw your sorrowful face, Lee Taemin, I already decided to never interfere with time anymore. Changing will not bring any happiness in the end; that is a lesson I had to learn the hard and foolish way.

Even more, I beg you to exchange
The many nights of sadness, pain, and tears with me
I am also tired of the greed, my heart grows weary
Whether from early on it was doomed, sympathy also will not get approval