Blames

The Strange Girl Next Door

Chapter 6

 

 

As N and I walked back to the restaurant, as expected, the boys ate all of the food that N paid for. This is the part when N gets real pissed and annoyed but he just smiled like nothing happened. Which is kinda awkward? When the boys got up, N and I just sat down and there's a plan. While Ken takes the guys back to the apartments, N and I can finally have dinner. Our stomach must be aching and craving for food. The boys left as N and I found a table-for-four. It was awkward at first for me since N is a kpop idol, Starlights noticed the two of us and asked N for his auto-graph and to take some photo's. I felt anger in me and staring at me. Fans soon left the two of us in peace while one fan smile and encouraged us together... WHAT... I can't date N... His like three-four years older than me.

"Ya! JeSun!" I heard a high-pitch tone that sounded familiar for me.
I turned to the direction and thought... That can't be. "Hyoyoung?!" I asked.
"Ya! You remembered." The girl smiled.
I wondered. "Is that really you?"
She giggled. "How's my best friend in the world doing here in Korea?" She asked.
"The same old you." I laughed. "Mum told me that I'm moving to Seoul last week... and I'm here to attend Gangnam University of Arts..." I smiled.
"Really?" She asked.
I just nodded. I asked, "What happened five years ago? Why did you run away from us?" I looked down. "You know that Kiki, Connor and I were worried sick about you..." I started to have tears.
"I'm sorry..." Hyoyoung felt guilty. "All I wanted was to become an idol..." 
I looked at her in the eyes and tears fell.” Please don't do that." I hugged her. "You're not alone. I still want that dream but studies are also important." I let go. "Promise me that you won't do that ever again." I got my pinkie finger out.
She nodded and promised. "I'm glad to see you again!" She laughed. "I miss the States so much!"
I just remembered about N. "Oh um..." I smiled at N while tears slowly continued. "Hyoyoung, this is N." I introduced the two.
N replied with a funny English accent. "Hi"
"Hello, I'm Hyoyoung." She spoke in Korean to N. "I'm one of JeSun's best friends and I'm also a Starlight." She started to fangirl slowly.
"Oh" N replied.
"Have you eaten yet Hyoyoung?" I asked.
Her stomach yelled. "I guess not." 
We all laughed.

Hyoyoung decided to join N and me on our dinner date? Anyways, it's a warm welcome to see Hyoyoung again. I really wasn’t expecting her to be here in Seoul. But I’m glad that she’s chosen her pathway for her future but this isn’t the right choice. She spiked year eight to twelve. Her Korean is still shaking but she’s maintaining it well, I guess. Her strengths are dance and rapping which she enjoys a lot, but, she’s also a gamer and she’s emo. Hyoyoung use to be Goth before she met me and Kiki. She uses to cut herself every day because she never had friends before.

One day, Kiki and I felt bad for her, so we became her friends and she soon started dating Connor. Our other best friend but he died when Hyoyoung went missing. He was suicidal and he ended his life on our year nine graduation nights. He went to the party but then hanged himself at the party before it finished. That was everyone’s nightmare till now. I still face a guy that has the same features as him. Gentle rounded face with big eyes, a small nose and lips. His brown soft and short hair that was like a mallet that suited him quiet well, he also was around Hyuk’s height at the moment. Pretty tall aye? Connor was one of the sweetest guy that I’ve ever met and made friends with.

Tears fell in my eyes as I remembered Connor’s face after I started eating. “I’m sorry” I placed down my knife and fork. “I can’t eat this…” I spoke as my stomach yelled.
N frowned. “What’s the matter?”
Hyoyoung stared at me in the eyes. She still doesn’t know about Connor.
Should I tell her? “The food is nice.” I explained. “But I’m not in the mood after I remembered someone.”
“Who?” Hyoyoung placed down her knife and fork as well.
I felt pressure. “I can’t…” I cried.
“What” N was lost.
I couldn’t hold it anymore. “Connor… his gone…” I mumbled as N came up to me and hugged me.
Hyoyoung was lost. “What? How?!”
“On year nine graduation…” I stopped. “He hanged himself at the party…” I explained. “Ever since you left… he was suicidal.” I yelled at her. “It’s all your fault!?!”
Tears fell from her.
“If you just ing stayed, we wouldn’t lose him IN THE FIRST PLACE!” I blamed her.
Nothing came out from her but she just left.
I got back to normal. “Hyoyoung, wait.” I wanted to make it up.
“Leave me” She yelled.
“HYOYOUNG!” I ran up to her. “Please, I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you before but I never got your number.”
She slapped me on the face. “How dare you yell about my boyfriend!”
She’s not believing me. “I’m not lying.” I screamed as she walked down the street.
N followed us after he paid. “Girls”
“I was about to tell you tonight but I just remembered Connor. I didn’t want to be depressed to tell you.” I confessed.
“You’re lying!?” She slapped me again.
“What?!” 
She kicked me. “His alive… I’ve been messaging him on Facebook recently.”
What!? “Hyoyoung…” I was lost as Hyoyoung ran away from us.
“Stay away from me!” She yelled. “Don’t even talk to me ever again. You’re just jealous.”

This is my entire fault. I shouldn’t even yell at her in the first place. I shouldn’t be even thinking about him in the first place. As I tried to walk up to her, my head started to spin and have a huge headache. I have to make it right for her. I’m so sorry Hyoyoung… I tried to walk normal until I collapsed on the ground.

N panicked. “Hang in there.” 
I looked at N one last time before my eyes were shut. “I…” I tried to speak. “I… love…” I stopped.
Ken found N. “N-hyung!” I heard him as he ran up to us. “Oh no, she needs some rest.” He spoke as I felt someone carrying me. “She’ll be fine hyung.” I heard Ken’s voice as the doors closed.

-----

I opened my eyes slowly and blinked constantly until my eyes were fully opened. “Where am I?” I got up.
“Easy there Tiger.” I heard N bring me warm milk. “Take this.” He gave me pills to stop the headache. 
“Thank you oppa…” I smiled as I took the pills along with the drink.
N smiled. “At least you’re alright now.” 
I nodded. “Thank you!” I placed the cup down and hugged him tight. 
“What did I do?” He was lost.
I smiled as I laid my head on his shoulder. “If it wasn’t for you saving me on the streets, how knows what would’ve happened to me.”
“Oh”
“I’m sorry that I’ve caused trouble…” I let go. “I really didn’t mean to cause trouble…” I started to hate myself. 
“No need to hate yourself or thank me.” N looked at me in the eyes as he grabbed and held my hands.
I tried to smile but tears fell. “It’s my entire fault. Now my best friend that I just found hates me.” 
“You tried you best to keep calm. Plus, it wasn’t the right time to do it…” He kissed me on the lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hyoyoung is a request character that lily6198 that chosen for~ Since she made the poster. ^-^ I've tried many ideas to make it interesting but this is kinda new for me to write and experience!! ^^;;

Hope you guys like it!