Hide & Seek

Let Go

 

           Hard pants were leaving Kiseop's open mouth, as he tried to regain his breath and composure, being the only sound breaking the awkward silence. In Kiseop's fuzzy mind, there wasn't any room to comprehend that the situation he had so desperately avoided for months was now taking place in front of his eyes. The broken looking boy had barely registered Jaeseop's presence, even when his brother was standing in front of him in a protective way. Jaeseop was darting a death glare at Eli with his back toward Kiseop, impeding any intention Eli could have to get near his brother.

           "Mind answering?" AJ's voice contained a menacing tone under his apparently calm one, stilling Eli in his place. "Why were you kissing my brother? Why is he crying?"

           "J-Jae..." Before Eli could say anything Kiseop brittle voice was heard from behind Jaeseop, making both men look at him. "This...wh-" A strangled sob interrupted his words as more tears rolled down his cheeks.

           Eli unconsciously took a few steps toward Kiseop just to be stopped by Jaeseop's fist colliding with his left cheek, making him stumbled backward until he was stilled him by Jaeseop grabbing his shirt. A second later Eli felt another strong punch on his ribs. Losing his balance, he fell on the carpeted floor as a pained groan escaped his lips.

           "Get the away from my brother." Jaeseop attempted to punch Eli one more time, but Kiseop got in his way, stopping him. "Kiseop." The brunet's name came out as growl through Jaeseop's gritted teeth.

           "Stop it!" Seeing the anger so clearly drawn in his brother's face, Kiseop had managed to calm down enough to move and stop him. "This isn't necessary."

           "This is why you had been so depressed?!" Jaeseop yelled signaling at Eli. "This bastard made you like this?!"

           "I made myself like this!" Tears were glittering in Kiseop's eyes as he tried to fight back the urge to let them slip from eyes again. "Hit me, if you want to hit someone!" No matter how mad he was with Eli, Kiseop wouldn't let Jaeseop to hurt him more. The raven's nose was dripping blood and he had a small cut on his bottom lip. He hissed from as he stood up, grabbing his sore side were Jaeseop had hit him when he saw Kiseop standing for him. "Eli has nothing to do with this."

           "Stop taking me for an idiot!" Jaeseop yelled, the fact that Kiseop was standing for Eli when he clearly was crying because of him was pissing him off even more. "I heard you!"

           "Kiseop it's okay." Eli touched Kiseop arm, trying to make him move to face Jaeseop.

           "Don't touch him." Within a second Jaeseop had moved Kiseop from his way and another punch crossed Eli's face. "You have a girlfriend, don't you? Why were you kissing my brother!?"

           Kiseop was stopping his brother to go near Eli. He was scared what Jaeseop would do to Eli if he didn't do something. "Eli, just go."

           "Kiseop, we need to talk."

           "You have nothing to say to me. Just go, your fiancée must be waiting for you." The bitterness in Kiseop's words was obvious for Jaeseop. His brother was really hurt and was Eli's fault.

           "Fiancée!?" He muttered freeing his arm from Kiseop's grip. "You got engaged!?" He laughed. "Wow! When I thought you couldn't get lower, it result you're not just cheating on your girlfriend but your fiancée and with my brother." Jaeseop took one step near Eli.

           "Jae..."

           "Get out of here before I kill you!"

           "AJ-"

           "Get out of here!" Jaeseop shouted in Eli's face before grabbing him by his shirt to drag him out of the apartment. The raven felt the air leave his body as his back hit the wall across the aisle and Jaeseop punched him right on his stomach. "You better stay away from Kiseop if you want to try how comfortable a hospital bed is." Eli knew how protective he was and he had messed up and hurt the most important person for Jaeseop. He couldn't take the other's words so lightly, the threat was real.

           Jaeseop slammed the door behind him, locking Eli outside and coming face to face with a bewildered Kiseop.

           "Jae, I-"

           Jaeseop raised a hand, silencing his brother. "I need to calm myself before. We'll talk in a minute." He stated, before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

           Kiseop dragged his feet to the couch and he sat there in silence. His face was marked with trails of tears and more were forming in his eyes when a message came.

           [I know AJ won't do anything to you, but just to make sure. Are you okay?]

           Still angry with Eli, Kiseop replied it without a second thought.

           [If I'm not okay it isn't exactly because of Jae. And you are right, he would never do something to hurt me.]

           The next message just contained two words and came just in time when Jaeseop stepped into the living.

           [I'm sorry.]

           If Eli was waiting for a reply, that wouldn't happen. In mere seconds Kiseop hands were empty as Jaeseop took away from them the cellphone and looked at the message. "I don't want you to talk with him." He ordered, shutting down the phone.

           "Give me my phone." Kiseop demanded, standing up when he saw his brother taking off the back cover and the battery. "AJ! You can't decide who I talk with!"

           "Look at you! You're crying again and it's because of him."

           "Just give me my phone." Kiseop asked with a sigh, some tears still rolling down his cheeks.

           "Here." Jaeseop said, handing Kiseop's off phone back to him.

           "It doesn't work!" Kiseop exclaimed turning it on. "What did you do?"

           "I won't let you talk with him." The elder showed the small chip in his hands, before he broke it.

           "AJ! What do you think you are doing?"

           "I'll buy you a new one. And stop the 'AJ' thing." Jaeseop took seat signaling Kiseop to sit next to him. "Now I want to hear you."

           "You didn't have to break the chip of my phone!" Kiseop puffed his cheeks annoyed.

           "You can recover all the contacts you need." The older brother shrugged. "Now start talking."

           "What is left to explain?" Kiseop sat down and bend his knees up to hug his legs. "You saw it." The words came out muffled when he hid his face on his knees.

           "But I don't understand."

           "What you don't understand?" If there was something Kiseop didn't want to do in that moment was talk about his illicit relationship with Eli. But Jaeseop had the right to hear the answers to his questions. "Eli and I had an affair and now it's over; he is going to marry. That's it."

           "Why Eli? Why not other person?" How many times had Kiseop wondered the same, but he never could find an explanation for it. Love didn't make sense and for him it wasn't different.

           "I don't know. I didn't plan it, it just happened."

           "You knew he had a girlfriend right? And who his girlfriend was, why did you accept to continue with it?"

           "I didn't accept to continue with it. It happened once and we two knew it was a mistake but then it happened again and again." Reminding right now how the guilty he had felt that first time made Kiseop's stomach twitch. "And now all is a mess."

           "How long?"

           "Almost a year." Jaeseop let out a long sigh at those words, and silence took over them each one lost in their own thoughts.

           "Kevin knew right?" Kiseop just nodded, unable to contain the tears in his eyes anymore. "I was the only oblivious one here. Well me and Misako."

           "Don't name her please." Kiseop flinched upon hearing the name of the person that occupied that place he had longed so much for months; next to Eli.

           "Kiseop, you..." Jaeseop trailed off, leaving his question inconclusive but he still received an answer.

           "I love him." Kiseop cried out loud. Until that moment he had managed to not cry, but the reality had finally reached him. At that very moment he understood that it was over. All he had with Eli was over. No matter how much he loved the raven, it would never be enough, because Eli didn’t love him.

           The sight in front of Jaeseop's eyes was heartbreaking. He had never seen his brother so broken, so devastated. And it made him clench his fist knowing he was like that because of someone that until that moment he had considered his best friend. "Does he know that?" Kiseop nodded. "Now I want to beat him again." He muttered under his breath, but Kiseop had heard him and shook his head in a disapproving way. "He deserves it, look at you!"

           "It ended Jaeseop. He is going to get married soon. All ended." Kiseop's voice was breathy as he tried to quiet his sobs.

           "He is going to marry if Mi-her still wants to marry him after she hears this." In Jaeseop mind just one thought reigned, he wanted to hurt Eli how much he had hurt his little brother somehow. If he couldn't that physically he would find another way.

           "No!" Kiseop exclaimed when he understood Jaeseop's intentions behind his words. "Don't you dare to say a word!"

           "Why should I keep silence?"

           "Because I don't want you to ruin Eli's happiness."

           Jaeseop was left stunned when he heard that. Kiseop was worried about Eli's happiness when all the raven had done was making him miserable. Does he love him so much? "He ruined yours, why should I-"

           "Just don't say anything." Kiseop's strangled voice sounded loud, silencing his shocked brother. "He loves Misako! We are through! And I'm going to get over this." The last part came out in a whisper, showing how much his reality was tiring him.

           "I don't know why you want me to stay quiet when he cheated on one of my best friends with my brother, and hurt you like this." Jaeseop was mad, not just with Eli but also with Kiseop. He couldn't believe that the brunet could sacrifice himself like that for someone that had just hurt him. And that made him say things that broke Kiseop more without thinking. "Misako doesn't deserve this, she such a goo-"

           "You know that's not exactly what I want to hear right now." Kiseop snapped at him. "I'm feeling like right now, I've been feeling like all this time and hearing you say that just make it worse."

           "Sorry...Kiseop... I don't know what to say." Jaeseop look was full of pity for his brother situation.

           "Just don't say anything and..." Kiseop trailed of before a hard sob escaped his lips, and for the first time he looked directly at his brother's eyes.

           "What?" Jaeseop put a hand on Kiseop's shoulder, worry obvious in each word of that word.

           "Right now I just need a hug from my brother." The brittle voice seemed to be the only one Kiseop could utter that night.

           Jaeseop moved closer to his brother and engulfed him in a tight loving hug. Kiseop passed his legs over his brother's legs, almost sitting in his lap, before he circled his arm around the other's chest, hiding his face on his shoulder. Jaeseop felt useless as Kiseop's tears moistened his shirt, he couldn't do anything to stop his little brother suffer.

           "I can't keep quiet." He said with resolution after dead minutes of hearing Kiseop's sobs.

           "Just do it, for me please."

           "How can keep silence do any good for you?"

           "If you want to see me happy again, then don't ruin Eli's relationship." He loves Eli that much...

           "Why do you do this to yourself?"

           "Because I'm an idiot." Jaeseop just kissed his brother's head as the silence filled the room again.

           After almost an hour Kiseop fell asleep on Jaeseop's protective embrace. And the older didn't move until he heard Kevin's voice, as the blond stepped into the living room.

           "Do I want to know what happened here?" Kevin concern was evident in his expression, but it tainted with fear when his eyes locked with Jaeseop's.

           "We have to talk." The ginger head stood up carefully, with Kiseop still in his arms.

           "That doesn't sound like something good."

           "It's not. Wait here." Saying that Jaeseop left the room to deposit his sleeping brother on his bed. He tucked him into the warm blankets hoping that when he would wake up, he would be able to see Kiseop's smile again, but deep in his mind he knew that wouldn't happen so soon.

           "AJ?" Kevin asked hesitantly at the sight of Jaeseop's angry expression.

           "Why didn't you do anything about it?" The tall man demanded surprising Kevin with his question.

           "About what?"

           "Eli and Kiseop."

           A chill ran down Kevin's spine. AJ knew and he also knew he was aware of everything. "Y-You know? Ki-Kiseop told you?"

           "Nobody told me, I saw it." Jaeseop uttered sitting down on the couch. Kevin remained on his feet "I understand why you didn't tell me, but you could have done something."

           "I tried AJ. Unaccountable times, I tried to stop Kiseop seeing Eli and sometimes I felt like I had finally convinced him, but he always went back to him." Kevin explained letting out all his own exasperation. "It was too late when I found about it, Kiseop was in love." His dropped to his feet, unable to look any longer at Jaeseop's angered eyes.

           "When did you find out?"

           "Some months ago."

           "How many?" Jaeseop pressed.

           "I don't know six months maybe."

           Jaeseop let the silence to wash over them before he talked again with sigh. "Can you go home?"

           "Why?"

           "I'm still mad and I don't want to take this on you. Just go."

           "You are mad at me, aren't you?" Kevin said matter of fact, he was expecting for that to happen if and when Jaeseop found out about Kiseop and Eli's relationship.

           "I understand why you didn't tell me, but that doesn't mean I'm fine with it."

           "I'm sorry AJ." Kevin looked apologetically at his boyfriend making him avert his hard look. "Call me?" He didn't need to formulate he knew Jaeseop understood with that simple line that he would give him all the time he needed. "Tell Kiseop to call me if he needs to talk." Kevin left a peck on Jaeseop's and headed to the door.

           "I will."

 

 

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

 

 

           Eli fidgeted in his seat, impatiently waiting. He had been waiting in the Cafe for almost an hour and now he was expecting to be left waiting. Distracted, looking outside the window, the raven got surprised when the opposite chair moved. "You came." Eli said relieved watching a slender blond man took seat in front of him.

           "I was free and couldn't find a good excuse to not come." Kevin shrugged. "So...?" Eli had asked Kevin to talk one night he went to the restaurant with Misako.

           "Let's ask for something to drink first." After both of them had asked for something to drink Eli found his voice to speak again. "How is... Kiseop?" Kevin just threw a deadpanned look at him. "I just want to know how he is. I tried to call him, but I couldn't reach him."

           "He changed his number."

           "He changed it? Why?" Eli frowned.

           "Jaeseop made him."

           "He doesn't want Kiseop talk with me huh?" A bitter laugh left the raven's mouth.

           "You messed up with his little brother. What did you expect him to do? Hug you and tell you welcome to the family?" Kevin said sarcastically. "That's why you wanted to talk with me?"

           "How is Kiseop?"

           "He is fine." Kevin looked outside before facing Eli again. "What do you want, Eli? Stop delaying."

           Eli made a pause before said, "I need your help." He rested both of his hands on the table in a pleading way. "I need to talk with Kiseop."

           "Ha! Why would I do that?" Kevin raised his hand and is index finger starting to count to emphasize what he would say next. "First, I have no reason to help you; we're not friends or anything.” He raised a second digit. “Second, I don't want you to see Kiseop. I have enough of seeing him cry because of you." That last line made Eli's heart twitch, remembering Kiseop's face the last time he had seen him almost a month ago. Even if Kiseop had never told him directly he knew the beautiful man was in love with him, and he had hurt him deeply. "And third." Kevin interrupted his trail of thoughts, with now three fingers raised. "If I ever dare to try and help you Jaeseop will dump me and you don't want that, because that would mean you'll face your doom."

           The waitress interrupted Eli just when he was about to talk again, bringing their orders. When he left Eli tried to speak again. "Kevin, really I need to talk with Kiseop."

           "What for? What else can you tell him?" Kevin snapped, glaring at Eli. "Or now are going to ask him to be your best man? Considering that Jaeseop won't accept." The blond sipped on his coffee.

           "Of course not. I just want to see him and apologize."

           "Kiseop had been doing well until now, bring you to his life again won't do any good."

           "I need to say I'm sorry."

           "Hadn't you said that already? Saying it again won't change anything. Just let it go."

           "I can't. I don't want to. I don't want to lose him."

           "Eli... It's you whom chose this. You made a decision you have to accept the consequences of it."

           "But-"

           "You knew that in the end you would have to let go of someone and you chose to let go of Kiseop. Bear with your decision."

           "It's just..." Eli trailed off, unable to find an excuse to not let Kiseop go. It was reasonable to let Kiseop continue with his life, without him interfering on it.

           After some minutes in silence Kevin spoke again, in a try to make Eli think about his decisions. "Why are you going to marry Misako?"

           "What?" Eli looked up at the blond surprised by his question.

           "That. Why are you going to marry her?"

           "Because I love her." Eli answered bluntly.

           "You love her." Kevin nodded, taking in the words. "Is she the person you love the most?" He asked after thinking for a while.

           "Kevin what hav-"

           "Answer, it shouldn't be a difficult question."

           "...Y-Yes." The words were pronounced hesitantly, as in Eli's mind Kiseop's face showed up.

           "Are you sure about that?"

           "I'm going to marry her." Was the response, as if it was enough demonstration of Eli's love for his fiancée.

           "Then, if she is the person you love the most and that's why you are going to marry her... Why I'm here?" Kevin inquired raising his eyebrows. "Why are you asking me to help you to see Kiseop?"

           "I-I...don't...know." Eli answered honestly. He had just felt the need to see Kiseop, talk with him, hug him and maybe even kiss him. He knew he shouldn't but he missed Kiseop.

           "Maybe it's because you're an idiot!" Kevin exclaimed exasperated of Eli obliviousness. He was obviously trying to ignore how much he loved Kiseop and he was hurting himself and the brunet in the process. "Eli hadn't you even considered that Misako is not the person you love the most, but Kiseop?"

           The question left Eli awestruck, he had considered it, but he had convinced himself that he was just confused. "I-I thought about it, but I love her, we planned a life together."

           "But you didn't count that Kiseop will appear and you will like him." Eli shook his head, looking down at his cup. "You are such an idiot." The blond breathed out.

           "And why is that now!? I'm not a psychic or something how would I know?"

           "It's not because of that, you stupid! Ugh! You're pissing me off!" Kevin took a deep breath. "If I was Kiseop I wouldn't stop Jaeseop for beating you up. Maybe it's what you need so your brain will start working and not just be there gathering dust." Kevin signaled with his hand at Eli's head.

           "You can be really scary, you know that?" Kevin proud smile made Eli feel sorry for AJ whatever he made the little spawn mad.

           "You say you had planned a life together, but that doesn't mean you have to live that plan. Things change, and look at you. You fell for another person." Eli just kept his eyes glued to the tablecloth. "You love Kiseop, don't you?"

           "Yes, I love him. That's why I don't want to let him go." Eli's eyes had a sad glint, mirroring how his aching heart felt upon the possibility of losing Kiseop.

           "Then why do you do this?"

           "I told you."

           "Because you think you love Misako more?"

           "I'm sure of that."

           "No you're not!"

           "Kevin-"

           "No. Hold your tongue and let me talk!" Kevin exclaimed tired of hearing Eli’s stupid reasoning.

           "Okay, okay I'll stay quiet. Don't bite."

           Kevin rolled his eyes before continuing. "Look, if what you say is true, if your love for Misako was that unconditional, then you wouldn't fell for another person." Eli stared at Kevin taking in each one of his words. "If you looked at another person that mean your relationship with Misako wasn't going as well as you thought."

           Silence fell over them as Eli considered what Kevin had told him. Maybe he was right and a part of his relationship with Misako had died before he started his affair with Kiseop.

           Eli averted his eyes at the blond again when he sensed him moving.

           "Eli this is just a piece of advice after seeing your relationship with Kiseop grew to this point. You shouldn't get married if your heart isn't fully committed you will just be starting something that is meant to end eventually. Because you don’t love Misako as you used love her, you won’t be able to make her happy if you are always thinking in Kiseop." Kevin stood up after saying all he wanted to say, clearly denying Eli's request.

           He left enough money for his coffee and headed to the door as Eli looked absent-minded every one of his actions, still lost in his thoughts.

           Before Kevin reached the door, the blond made his way back inside the Cafe and toward the counter. He asked for a piece of paper and a pen. After writing something on it, he went back to the table where Eli was seated.

           "Eli." The blond said softly to catch the other attention. "Here." Kevin handed the small piece of paper to Eli when he looked up. Upon seeing his confuse look he felt he needed to formulate. "I won't give you Kiseop's new number but... If you want to talk with him to say something more than sorry, call me and I'll help you. But if you don't change your mine don't dare to use that number."

           "Thank you Kevin." Eli smiled heartily.

           "I don't do this for you. Kiseop loves you and if you are going to make him happy I have no reason to not help you. But that is if you are going to make smile, not cry." A stern look printed on Kevin’s face as he uttered the words.

           "I know."

           "Eli." Kevin was about to leave when he remembered something important he had to say. "One more thing, choose wisely and quickly. You have two days."

           "What?"

           "Thursday afternoon will be too late." With that said Kevin turned around leaving a confused and worry Eli behind.

 

 


 

I promise I will edit all this when I have my computer back.
Until then sorry for the mistakes.
I don't like to edit on my phone.
Next chapter will be the last one.
See you~