We were made to break up

Let Go

 

           The bright light of the morning sun lightened the room when Eli opened his eyes. For the first time in a long time he found the brunet, he now was conscious, was more important to him than he had ever thought, sleeping peacefully next to him and slightly snuggled on his side.

           Eli shifted on his side and stared at Kiseop's face for long minutes on end, taking in his beauty, every detail of his face. He reached out his hand from under the covers to card his fingers through Kiseop's messy hair, just to end up caressing his porcelain cheek as his thumb ghosted over Kiseop's plump bottom lip. Eli leant his head closer to Kiseop's to leave a small kiss on his nose. His breath grazed the other's skin as he purred an "I love you" between the small kisses he was showering Kiseop with.

           Upon feeling the continuous smooth caresses, Kiseop's eyes didn't take long to flutter open for a fraction of time before he hid partially his face into the crook of Eli's neck. Still sleepy, he didn't notice the body laying next to him until Eli's husky voice woke him fully up.

           "Good morning." Eli greeted him with a sweet smile.

           "E-Eli…?" Kiseop uttered confused, surprised to find himself still in bed with Eli. The brunet tried to wash away the sleep from his eyes, rubbing them with the back of his hand. "What time is it?"

           "Early." Eli had managed to slip his arms around Kiseop's slim waist. He tightened his grip, bringing the boy inside his embrace closer to him as he pronounced the five leter word, after seeing the cute side of Kiseop he couldn't see often.

           "Is it morning already?" Kiseop exclaimed, trying to get up, but failing because Eli's strong arms around his body prevented him from doing it.

           "Kiseop, stay a little more."

           "But-" Kiseop tried to protest, but Eli shut him up, grasping his soft lips with his own. "Eli... I have... to work." The brunet managed to say between kisses, a deeper and more passionate one was the only response he got, making him give up on trying to resist Eli's lips and intentions as the later moved to hover over him, trailing one of his hands down Kiseop's body.

           Outside the bedroom the sound of the keys opening the front door was loud in the silence of the apartment, but the two men couldn't hear it as they were lost in each other's arms, too distracted by their tongues battling and dancing together.

           "Eli…?" A feminine voice made them break their kiss, sounding extremely close to the bedroom's door.

           "T-That's Misako?" Kiseop asked in a whisper, fear evident in his eyes and voice. Soon, he found himself alone in bed as Eli jolted on his feet to prevent Misako from finding them together in there.

           Within five seconds the raven was wearing a pair of sweatpants and opening slowly the door, acting surprised when his gaze fixed on the girl's. "Hey babe, what are you doing here so early?" Eli questioned his girlfriend, putting on his most convincing sleepy face before greeting her with a small kiss.

           "I was worried. You didn't answer your phone last night and again this morning. I was going to work and decided to drop by to check if you were okay."

           "I was too tired after training last night so I went straight to bed after showering."

           "I imagined, but yesterday when we talked you didn't sound well. I wanted to be sure you were alright." Misako smiled, leaning closer to Eli to kiss him. "Did I wake you up?"

           "No, I was just about to prepare breakfast."

           "Hmm, okay. Well, now that I'm sure you're okay, I should get going."

           "Don't you want to have breakfast with me first?" Eli asked, making his way to the kitchen. Not forgetting about the brunet resting in his room, but not wanting to be rude with his lover either.

           "You owe me dinner, but it will have to wait for now. You don't have to work today, right?" Misako stopped him in the arc that separated the kitchen from the living room.

           "No, today I'm free."

           "Then maybe we can have lunch together."

           "I'd love that."

           "I'll call you then." Misako kissed goodbye Eli and headed to the front door to leave the apartment.

           The raven returned to his room to find an already dressed Kiseop. "You are dressed?"

           "Good guess Eli." The brunet rolled his eyes. As he fixed his shirt Eli neared him and placed his hands on his sides, leaning his head towards Kiseop's nape to leave multiples kisses there. "Eli...I have to go."

           "Stay with me." The words came out muffled as Eli's lips were attached on Kiseop's slender neck, kissing, nibbling and , leaving light marks on the soft skin.

           "You have plans with Misako." A sigh escaped from Kiseop as he obliged Eli to let go of him, turning around to face him. He had felt in bliss that morning, waking up in the raven's arms, his chest filling with a kind of happiness he hadn't felt in a long time. But, soon enough, Misako had appeared, reminding him that he wasn't the one meant to feel like that while being with Eli. "And I want to see Jae." He concluded, giving a good excuse, but true nonetheless, so Eli wouldn't insist.

           "Can I see you tonight?" Eli asked as Kiseop made his way out of the room.

           "I spent the night here." Kiseop looked over his shoulder to answer him.

           "Tomorrow?" Eli pleaded, following him as he got closer to the front door.

           "Eli..." The brunet turned around to face him.

           "I want to be with you."

           "Just for a night." Kiseop mumbled under his breath.

           "What?" Eli closed the gap between him and Kiseop in a few strides.

           "Nothing." If there was something Kiseop had promised to himself to never do, was asking things from Eli; he hadn't the right to. "Goodbye Eli." Kiseop kissed the other's cheek and exited the apartment, leaving Eli without a promise of seeing him again during the following days.

           Eli could feel that his time with Kiseop was running out, despite his will. But his decision had led him to this point and now he just wanted to spend the most time possible with his Kiseop. Until, he gathered the courage to talk with him and lose him.

 

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

 

           Kiseop entered his apartment, relieved that he hadn't had to work that morning. Kevin had sent him a message informing him they would have the night shift in the blond's family restaurant.

           As Kiseop passed by the small kitchen he saw his brother's back while the older was looking for something in the refrigerator.

           "Jae!" A high pitched squeak of his name was the only warning AJ got before he felt his brother's body colliding with his own. Long limbs wrapped around his neck and hips from behind as he tried to regain his balance.

           "Hi, Kiseop." The ginger head smiled.

           "I missed you." Kiseop nuzzled his face into the other's long locks. "Kevin have been torturing me with his cooking for two weeks." Kiseop pouted at his brother after leaving a peck on his cheek.

           "I heard that!" An offended blonde exclaimed, and Kiseop felt a slap on his backside.

           "Good morning Kev." Kiseop climbed off AJ's back as Kevin grabbed the eggs Jaeseop had taken out of the fridge.

           "He also tortured me with it yesterday." Jaeseop whispered near Kiseop's ear, with his cat like smile playing on his lips.

           "That is it! I'm not doing anything for you two ever again!" Kevin stated grumpily, crashing the eggs back on AJ's hands. "I hate when you two are together." The blond mumbled, lied, stomping his way towards the bathroom, leaving the two brothers behind that, once Kevin disappeared from their sight, cracked up into a fit of laughter.

           "This is your fault." Jaeseop said while washing his hands, still smiling.

           "Mine?" Kiseop pointed to himself. "Don't blame me for your boyfriend's cranky mood after spending a night alone with you." He poked his tongue out at AJ.

           "I don't know what you are implying. You know he has an awful morning mood." Jaeseop turned around, arching one eyebrow.

           "If you call 12pm still morning..." Kiseop shrugged.

           "And where were you until 12 in the morning?"

           "AJ!" Kevin's shouted from the bathroom, fortunately for Kiseop, interrupted their conversation before he had to formulate a lie to answer Jaeseop's question. "I forgot to bring my clothes!"

           "Please, remember I'm still here." Kiseop joked when he saw his brother moving, receiving a deep sigh from the other.

           "I want my innocent brother back." Jaeseop murmured more to himself, but earned a playful laugh from Kiseop. One that only escaped from the brunet's lips when he was around his brother, or occasionally during some happy moments with Eli.

           The day was full of laughter, as the trio spent hours watching comedy movies, and Kiseop's complaints about Jaeseop and Kevin's too lovey-dovey behavior in front of him.

           Kevin was glad to see his friend looking so truly happy for the first time after long months of sad smiles. But unfortunately Kiseop's happiness wouldn't last long.

 

 

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

 

 

           A week later, a nice dressed couple stepped into the Woo family's restaurant. She looked radiant in her black dress, a small happy smile adorning her beautiful face. One, that widened when her eyes landed on a brunet standing a few feet away. But that happy aura she transmitted didn't seem to reach her boyfriend.

           The handsome man had been nervous since his girlfriend had told him the restaurant chosen for their awaited dinner and started panicking inside as his eyes fell on the same brunet figure standing next the counter. The fact that his girlfriend was guiding him towards him wasn't helping to calm down his nerves. He had prayed that the brunet wouldn't be working that night, but his prayers had been ignored as he now found himself facing a situation he had been avoiding for a little more of two weeks.

           "Welcome, how can I help you?" The tall brunet turned to face the couple, when he sensed their presence.

           "Kiseop! Long time no see." Misako smiled brightly at him, before crushing him in her slim arms. "You look even more beautiful than the last time."

           Kiseop's cheeks tinted with a light pink color and his stomach tightened when he recognized the girl standing in front of him. While averting his glance from hers, his eyes locked with Eli's, intensifying the blush on his cheeks.

           "Hi." Kiseop said, barely looking at him, but enough to see his nervous smile as he bowed his head slightly.

           For Kiseop, it had become really awkward to face Misako since his relationship with Eli had started, and even more when said man was in the same room. Misako had always seen Kiseop as a little brother, from the moment she had known him some years ago, when Jaeseop got into college and became friends with her. Knowing how much she liked him and cared for him made Kiseop feel even guiltier for what happened between him and Eli.

           "Misako." Kevin's voice interrupted Kiseop's thoughts. The blond had seen the couple making their way towards his friend while he was taking an order and didn't want to leave Kiseop alone with them.

           "Hi Kevin." As she had done with Kiseop, Misako hugged Kevin lightly. The blond just directed a quick 'hi' to Eli and continuing talking with the girl. "I haven't see you in a while."

           "Work has been hectic lately. Today is the only free day I have in almost two weeks, so we decided to go out and celebrate." She told him, directing a look full of love to the man standing next to her.

           "Celebrate?" Kevin asked curiously.

           "Haven't you told them?" Misako asked Eli, slightly surprised.

           "I hadn't seen them and Jaeseop had been on a work trip and he had been busy ever since he came back, so I couldn't find the time to tell him." Eli lied, fidgeting. He'd had many opportunities to tell Jaeseop what Misako was talking about, but he didn't want the news to reach Kiseop's ears, not yet at least and not from someone that wasn't him. But, now, he was regretting not saying a single word, as he saw Kiseop and Kevin were looking at them with equal curious looks.

           "Well, I'll tell you the good news then." Misako said with a big smile before lifting her left hand to show them the glamorous ring adorning her small hand. "Eli proposed to me." She exclaimed, letting the happiness she was feeling to fill her voice.

           As those words were pronounced the smile that Kiseop had managed to wear during the whole chat dropped, taking away with it all the color from his face.

           Next to him, Kevin was glancing between Kiseop and Eli, whose eyes were avoiding the brunet's hurt ones. "C-Congratulations!" The blond said, returning his gaze to Misako, trying to sound convincingly glad for the couple.

           "I'm happy for both of you." Kiseop uttered, nervously bringing a shadow of a smile to his lips. His mind was dizzy and he started to feel the nausea in the pit of his stomach. Tears pricking his eyes, threatening to reveal how he really felt.

           Eli, on the other hand couldn't force himself to look at the boy. He knew he should have been honest with Kiseop a week ago, this wasn't the right way Kiseop had to know about his upcoming marriage with Misako. But no, he had been selfish enough to not let him go and the hurt in his face now was something Eli couldn't bring himself to look at.

           "Thank you." Misako exclaimed.

           "You will be a beautiful bride." Kevin knew he had to break the silence that had fallen over them, because none of the other men would. "So, when did Eli propose?"

           "Last week, Friday. But he only gave me the ring today." Misako said, looking at her ring with a dreamy look in her face.

           Those were the last words Kiseop wanted and could bring himself to hear. "Excuse me, I have to go back to work." He exclaimed suddenly.

           "Oh, we'll talk another day then. I'm happy to have seen you." Misako smiled at him.

           "Congratulations, again." Kiseop said one last time, this time looking directly to Eli's guilty eyes.

           The raven stuttered his answer, continuing on his task to avoid Kiseop's glance "T-Thank y-you."

           Kiseop turned around, after saying a brief 'goodbye', and headed to the staff room, needing some time alone to calm the struggle of feelings in his chest. Anger, sadness, deception, envy, hurt, even hate were filling his aching heart; but the betrayal was the dominant one. He had never felt used being with Eli, but now he felt that he had only been his toy, one that Eli played with when he was bored. Kiseop felt stupid to have believed that Eli could feel something more than just lust for him.

           Eli had proposed to Misako the previous day he had asked to see him. That was what he wanted to say, Eli wanted to end what they had to marry Misako but he didn't. Why? Why he didn't tell him? Why he let him know like this? Kiseop felt so insignificant to Eli. He had forced himself to act strong and like he was really happy for his marriage with Misako, when in reality the news were tearing him apart.

           By now, Kiseop was leaning against one of the walls in the staff room, his chest rising and falling violently as he took uneven breaths, with his hands over his mouth in a try to control the sobs trying to leave his lips. The need to cry was increasing, but he wouldn't let a single tear slip from his eyes. Eli wasn't worth it; him to be crying. He had dared to tell him 'I love you' two weeks ago and proposed to his girlfriend the next. What kind of love was that? Kiseop hated himself for having believed in those words, even for a single minute.

           "Kiseop." Kevin's worried voice reached his ears before the blonde found him and a pair of arms circled his shoulders bringing him closer to Kevin's body. Kiseop placed his head on his shoulder. They stayed like that, in silence, for long minutes until Kiseop calmed down.

           "Do you need more time?" Kevin drew away from the hug to look at Kiseop.

           "I'm okay." Kiseop wiped away the only tear that had slipped from his eye.

           "I don't think you are okay at all." Kevin stated. "And it won't be good to see them there."

           "I'm fine, Kevin." Kiseop started. "I knew this could happen, it just took me by surprise." He half lied, because deep in his heart he still thought that there was a chance that Eli would choose him over Misako and that night his wish had been destroyed. "Let's go, we have to work." Kiseop ended their short conversation and prepared himself to see and try to ignore the happy couple.

 

 

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

 

 

           "Kiseop! Dinner is ready." Jaeseop called in front of his brother's door. Receiving the same answer he had heard for the past three days.

           "I'm not hungry."

           A deep sigh escaped from AJ's lips, he counted to ten, calming himself down ,and opened the door. "I said...diner is ready." Jaeseop said, a serious tone filling his voice, making his way to Kiseop's bed, where the brunet was resting on his side, looking at his phone.

           "And I said...I'm not hungry." Kiseop covered his head with the blanket in a silent plea to be alone.

           "I don't care if you are not hungry. You need to eat." Jaeseop scoffed, taking the covers off from Kiseop's body and bending down to take him out of bed. He carried Kiseop to the kitchen bridal style ignoring his struggling brother's complains. "Sit there and eat!" Jaeseop ordered with a stern look. "Or I'll feed you like a baby." He concluded as Kiseop started to play with the pasta in his plate, not bringing even once the fork to his mouth until Jaeseop's, now warning, voice reached his ears again. "Kiseop. Eat."

           The brunet's eyes were puffy and red. Against his will some tears had slipped from them during the previous days, and he had constantly rubbed them with his hands to keep the tears in, making them look worse.

           "Will you tell me what's happening?" Jaeseop inquired after long minutes of eerie silence, tired of seeing his brother like that.

           "Nothing is happening." Kiseop mumbled with his mouth full of food.

           "Yeah sure. So, you didn't go to work this weekend and today to school for nothing." AJ arched one eyebrow.

           "Thanks for the food." Kiseop stood up and placed the plate on the counter before heading to his room.

           "Kiseop!" AJ called out.

           "I don't want to talk." Were the last words Jaeseop heard from his brother before the bedroom door closed.

           Sitting on the couch half an hour later, Jaeseop waited for Kevin to pick up the phone.

           "Hello." The blond’s tired voice resounded trough the device.

           "Hi, Kev. Did I wake you up?"

           "No, I was just about to go to bed. What up?"

           "Kiseop."

           "Kiseop?" Kevin asked alarmed. "Is he okay?"

           "Yes, if you can call his current state 'okay'."

           "He is still locked up in his room?"

           "Today I had to force him to come out and eat."

           "He needs time AJ."

           "But time for what? Do you know what happened?" The silence from the other end of the line assured Jaeseop that Kevin knew what happened to his brother. "Kevin. Tell me."

           "Is something Kiseop has to tell you." Kevin sighed.

           "He doesn't want to talk about it, so you tell me!" AJ was starting to get really angry and the fact that Kevin knew what was wrong and he didn't wasn't helping. Okay, Kevin was Kiseop's friend but he, he was his brother and now he felt like Kiseop didn't trust him.

           "Jaeseop..." When Kevin used his name AJ knew that what it would come next wouldn't be good for him, so he interrupted him before he could say more.

           "No excuses Kevin! Tell me! I need to know what's going on with him!" After a long pause Kevin spoke again.

           "He...he's just sad." Kevin thought carefully what to say next. "He was in some kind of relationship... but it ended badly."

           "Badly? How?"

           "AJ, I told you all I can tell you, please."

           "Okay, I won't ask more. But you could say more."

           "Good night AJ." Kevin rolled his eyes at AJ's statement.

           "Why are you hanging up?"

           "Because if we keep talking, you will insist and I won't tell you anything. I don't want to fight with you right now." Kevin's smile was obvious in his voice.

           "When did you start to know me so well?"

           "You are like an open book for me." A smile spread on Jaeseop's lips upon hearing those words.

           "I love you too."

           "I didn't tell you I love you." Kevin laughed.

           "You said it now."

           "You are an idiot. Good night, I love you."

           "Good night." He heard Kevin making kissy noises before he hang up.

           His short conversation with Kevin had left Jaeseop with a growing curiosity for his brother's relationship.

 

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

 

           Kiseop was looking expressionless at the ringing cellphone flashing Eli's name, placed next to him on the couch. During the last four days Eli had called him countless times. And every time he just looked at how the electronic device ringed. After every call a message came, oscillating between:

           [Kiseop please let me explain.]

           [Please pick up, I need to talk with you.]

           Kiseop stared at the last message for around ten minutes until the doorbell rang, surprising him.

           Slowly, he made his way to the door, not wanting to open it, but he imagined it was Kevin who had probably forgotten his keys. But, when he opened the door, Kiseop found himself facing the man he had been avoiding for four days now. Eli glanced longingly at Kiseop with an 'I'm sorry' printed all over his face.

           The raven head had been coming to Kiseop's apartment every day for the past three days, before heading home after work, but each time, he just parked his car across the street where the building was placed and stayed there without finding the right words to explain himself and apologize for what had happened some nights ago.

           Coming out of his previous shock, Kiseop tried to close the door without saying a word.

           "Wait, Kiseop!" Eli exclaimed, putting his hands on the door and pushing it lightly to keep it open.

           "Go away!" Kiseop yelled.

           "Kiseop let me explain."

           "You don't have to explain anything. You are going to marry your girlfriend of years! Congratulations!"

           "But I want to tell you, I have to explain everything!" Eli was almost begging.

           "I don't want to hear you!"

           "Kiseop please." Putting a little more force, Eli opened the door and stepped into the apartment.

           "Get out of my apartment!" Kiseop's voice shivered a little as he shoved Eli to the door.

           "Kiseop, Kiseop." Eli whispered, closing the door and grabbed Kiseop's by his arms tugging him to take him in a tight hug. With that contact, Kiseop broke down in tears, unable to contain them anymore. "I'm sorry." Eli said, trying to keep Kiseop stilled in his embrace, as the brunet tried to push Eli away from him.

           "You are not sorry, you are a selfish prick." His control over himself was gone and Kiseop decided to let it all out. Kiseop finally freed himself from the raven's hug and got more into the apartment.

           "I know, I should have told you, but-"

           "But you knew that if you do, you wouldn't have your toy to play anymore." Kiseop exclaimed turning around to face Eli.

           "What are you saying!?" Eli exclaimed, shocked after hearing Kiseop's words. "You are not a toy to me!"

           "Then I'm absolutely nothing to you." Both men were now standing face to face in the living room.

           Eli cupped Kiseop's face with his hands and backed him against the wall. "You mean a lot to me! I love you idiot!"

           "Don't lie to me!" Kiseop yelled, slapping Eli's hands away from his face. "Don't lie to yourself!" He tried to dash past Eli, but the raven grabbed his hands and pinned them to the wall.

           "I didn't want to lose you!" Eli's eyes were starting to fill with tears as well, seeing Kiseop like that was making him fully conscious of his mistake.

           "What did you expected, marry Misako and spend the wedding night with me?" Kiseop cried, his sobs becoming uncontrollable.

           "No, I-"

           "You wanted to end this. Why didn't you do it? Why did you let me know like that?"

           "I-I-" Eli tried to talk again, but one more time Kiseop interrupted him.

           "You are a dickhead you just thought of you, of your needs."

           "No, listen to me! I didn't want you hearing that from anyone but me, but-"

           "But you didn't tell me! You know how I feel for you, yet you were cruel enough to let me know by your ing fiancée!" Kiseop glared at Eli, but the tears in his eyes made him look broken and his look inoffensive. "Get out Eli, just leave me alone." Kiseop asked defeated.

           "Kiseop." Eli leaned his face closer to Kiseop's to try and kiss him, but the brunet wouldn't let him.

           "Let go of me!" Kiseop tried to free his hands, but Eli stilled them, tightening his grip and captured Kiseop's lips in a sweet kiss, never trying to deepen it, knowing there wasn't another way to calm Kiseop down enough to, at least, have an opportunity to say what he wanted to say.

           The kiss went on just for some more minutes, with a struggling Kiseop trying to shove Eli away until another voice was heard in the room and Eli felt himself being yanked away from Kiseop.

           "What the hell do you think you're doing?" A very angry looking Jaeseop inquired.

 

 


 

Hi~ finally I update after almost 2 months u.u
Sorry if there are too many mistakes
I'm updating from my phone so
I didn't check too much.
I will edit it better when I have my computer back.
Thank you so much for subscribe and for your comments.
And about the comments
for some reason I can't reply the comments on my fics,
So sorry if I don't reply and from now thanks
I hope the chapter was of your liking
See you~

Edit: I changed and add some things. And thank you to ElseopLove for proof reading and edit it. Thank you gurl~<3