It Strikes Again

Just One Day

I shook my head, looking at them walk out of the room.

 

The clock ticked past.

 

Some things never change…it looks like they’re willing to befriend Jimin, too. But why does it all seem so familiar…

 

Jisoo's Flashback

 

"Ah!"

 

"Oh no… could that be…Jimin?" Taehyung’s eyes widened.

 

"It could be…."

 

Everyone ran back to the starting point.

 

Jimin was sitting up, clutching his left knee.

 

"Jimin, are you alright???" Hoseok shook Jimin’s arm.

 

Jimin have him a glare and then nodded his head.

 

"We need to get medical help…why not me and Seokjin help him to walk back, the rest of you can help to return the bicycles?" Namjoon suggested.

 

Everyone nodded, and rushed to get the bicycles.

 

"Jimin, you alright? It doesn’t hurt that much right?"

 

There was no answer. I looked into his eyes for a moment, realizing they were red and wet with tears.

 

"I feel like I’m a burden. It isn’t fair for you guys." Jimin shook his head.

 

"It’s not tha-"

 

-

 

"Jisoo! We’re back~ Have you been waiting for long?" Hoseok danced around.

 

"Jisoo??? Jisoo???" The boys rushed to her bed then realized that she was lying there, unconscious.

 

-

 

"Her condition has gotten more severe." the doctor said to the boys. They nodded, knowing that they must do something...but what?

 

"So how long will it take for her to get better?" Seokjin raised.

 

"Hm…we’ll have to wait for her to undergo her operation. Just inform me when she’s ready for it."

 

"Oh…right." The boys nodded.

-

[Third person POV]

 

"Jimin, you’re fine staying overnight here?" Taehyung patted his shoulder.

 

Jimin slightly nodded.

 

"Alright. Goodnight." The boys said and their heels.



Taehyung sighed and walked out the last, closing the door behind him. He took a glance at Jimin sitting beside Jisoo’s bed. The things he would do for her…

 

"Jisoo-yah…. you better wake up soon…" Jimin said in a calm and soothing tone, her hand.

 

He pulled up her blanket and carefully placed her hands on her abdomen.

 

"You must be feeling cold, am I right?" Jimin said then chuckled.

 

Jimin shook his head. He took a moment to admire Jisoo’s sleeping figure. She looked so peaceful.

 

He sighed and took out a few pieces of paper from his pocket.

 

"This," Jimin said to the unconscious Jisoo.

 

"Was what I told you about.”

 

Jimin took out a pen and wrote down words. Lyrics.

 

He sang them as he wrote.

 

"Just one day, if only I could be with you,

Just one day, if only I could hold your hand

Just one day…”

 

"Mmm…I’ll stop here. How does it sound like? Do you like it?" Jimin smiled.

 

He Jisoo’s hair carefully, noting to not hurt her head. Her hair was soft and silky.

 

“You know what? Jisoo….I feel like I’m constantly being a burden to you, and the bangtan boys. But what’s keeping me strong is your smile…and your sweet, comforting voice. Thank you. I’m thankful for that.”

 

Jimin turned his head to the clock.

 

"Ah...it's late....Goodnight, Jisoo-yah…wake up soon…"

 

[End of third person POV]

-

 

“Jimin?”

 

Jimin sat up from his sleeping position and dusted his clothes.

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Why are you here?” My eyes widened.

 

“You fainted yesterday, I offered to stay overnight here with you.” Jimin smiled brightly.

 

“Jimin…there really isn’t a need to…” 

 

“There is, okay? You’re important. To me.” Jimin said to me with sad eyes.

 

I sighed.

 

“Whatever you say, pabo.”

 

Jimin smiled.

 

“Oh, by the way, the doctor said your condition has gotten worse. When do you want to undergo the operation?” Jimin said, changing the subject. 

 

“I’m not really sure yet…” I looked down nervously. 

 

“Ah..it’s okay, Jisoo. Just tell me or the others when you’re ready.”

 

I nodded for a moment.

 

“But what do you think?”

 

“Think?” 

 

“About when I should undergo it.”

 

“Um…I’m not sure..” Jimin shrugged. 

 

“Okay…I guess I’m not so ready yet myself…”

 

“Jisoo?” The maknae entered the room.

 

“Kookie!!!” I smiled, elated to see him. 

 

“Oh, you’re awake! That’s good~ Hyungs are busy practicing right now. I just stopped by to check..” Jungkook said and playfully swung his arms beside him.

 

“Jungkook, when can I start going there?” Jimin asked abruptly.

 

“Um hyung…you can go there anyday.” Jungkook smiled.

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“Okay, I’ll go now, bye~ Enjoy your time together~” Jungkook winked and laughed.

 

I glared at him.

 

“How could he-“

 

Jimin snickered.

 

“What?” I glared at him.

 

“You’re so cute~” Jimin sang.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Please.”

 

Jimin stifled a giggle.

 

“So how’s the party preparation going?” I asked out of curiosity. 

 

“Great.”

 

“So you guys won’t attend the one organized by our school because of me?” I said worriedly.

 

“Yeah, kinda. But the boys don’t mind at all though. You’re their best friend, that means a lot to them.”

 

Ah..so that’s why they decided to do this for me…

 

“So what are your plans after graduation?” Jimin asked excitedly.

 

“I’m not really sure yet…” 

 

“Ah..it’s okay. Well Jisoo, what do you say if I ever became an idol?” Jimin suggested with a smile brightly hanging from his face.

 

“An idol?” I was a little baffled.

 

“Yeah. I want to let the world see me dance and sing on stage. Have my own fans who love and support me…” Jimin said with eyes shining full of passion. 

 

“That’s great. But you can’t start dancing that soon right?” I said quietly. 

 

“Yeah. It’ll take some time. But I really want to dance again.” He smiled. 

 

Again? Wait what am I talking about? As far as I remember, I didn’t do any dancing in the past…. Jimin thought to himself.

 

“Again?” I was confused.

 

“No…not again...it’s just…I don’t know, Jisoo.”

 

“Ah?” I was even more confused.

 

“Nevermind..” Jimin shook his head.

 

I shrugged.

 

“Anyway, I’ll support you~” I smiled.

 

Jimin smiled back.

 

There was no reply.

 

I continued to stare at him, until he put one arm over me and onto my back, pressing our bodies together.

 

“Thank you, Jisoo.”

 

I blinked a few times, appalled at the situation.

 

“Ah..you’re....welcome?” I said awkwardly. 

 

I struggled to get free, but Jimin was too strong.

 

“Aish…”

 

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling awkward?” Jimin stifled a laugh again.

 

I hesitated for a moment.

 

“Ah…no…” I said after a while, then realized my face was heating up badly.

 

Jimin smirked.

 

“Let’s stay like this forever then~” He said playfully then softened his grip.

 

I took this chance to get out of his embrace.

 

“Nope. Not a chance, Park Jimin.” I smirked in victory.

 

“Ya….what is this…” Jimin pouted.

 

“No.” I folded my arms, facing away from him.

 

He pouted even more.

 

I rolled my eyes, and unconsciously placed my fingers on his cheeks.

 

He looked up.

 

“Don’t puff up your cheeks. You look ugly like that.” I laughed.

 

“What?”

 

“I was kidding, you look so adorable I want to squish your cheeks.” 

 

I playfully placed both my palms at his cheeks and squashed his face together. I laughed hysterically at his now deformed face.

 

“Your laugh is so adorable.” Jimin blurted.

 

“What?” I could feel blood rush up to my cheeks again.

 

“Pabo.” Jimin smiled to himself and looked down.