Chapter 3

30 - 1

[Last chapter]

"Now get ready to see your beloved brother, Choi Yoo Sun die here, Choi Seung Hyun."

*BANG*

"HYUNG!!"


Kaidoh's POV

The pain in my chest was excruciating. I tried to lift myself up and continue running, but I failed. My vision became bleary and I could feel my body turn wobbly like jelly.  The last thing I saw, I already fell to the ground, unable to move. Then, complete darkness overwhelmed me.

 

All of a sudden, my eyes snapped open. I could still feel the pain on my chest. But, the place was totally different than what I saw like a few seconds ago.

"Is anyone here?" I called out with a soft tone.

The place was dark and cold. Other than myself, it was empty. No one responded to my call, no one came and no one cared. I kept asking myself the question over and over again, "Am I dead?" I suddenly felt extremely lonely despite I was alone all the time wandering on the streets. 

"Kaidoh, is that you?"

I turned my head to the person who called me. I saw a lady in her mid 20's wearing a floral blouse and skinny jeans. She was extremely beautiful. But, her eyes and face shape resembled mine. I was really puzzled about her appearance in this lifeless, blank space.

"Who are you?" I was a little cautious since I never trusted in strangers.

The lady just gave me a smile. I could pretty much see a tear in the corner of her eye. 

"You'll find out soon enough. Close your eyes." She my hair.

I complied to her command. I felt a hand grabbing my wrist and I was soon taken somewhere.

"You can open your eyes now." Her soft voice vibrated through my head.

I opened my eyes. I was greeted by the image of a hospital corridor. People were passing through us like we never existed. I was then lead to a room with a huge number 1002 on it. I was disgusted by the number since 1 and 2 were my most hated numbers. 

"Go on in, it's okay. Don't be afraid." Nevertheless, I tried to open the door but my hand just passed through it. So I sticked my hand through the door, upon realizing I was invisible, I walked right through the door. I cringed at the sight inside it.

My body was lying on the bed in the middle of the room. All the random machines and medicines were connected to me by wires and tubes. I also had a bandage wrapping my upper chest. I pretty much look like a robot than a human. The one that I knew was only the heart monitor. It constantly beeped to each heartbeat which made me really relaxed. It showed that I'm alive and well. Not very well, to be exact.

The door creaked open, it was a police officer, our dad and my brothers. Caleb's eyes were red and puffy, I could tell that he cried for hours. The lady's face changed when she saw our dad. The gentle and caring face I saw was no longer there. It became into a face full of hatred. 

"You're still with this man?" Her voice became dark.

"Yeah. We weren't allowed to leave him. Except for kicking me out of the house." I looked at her and thinking about her relationship and that bastard.

"I need to teach that old man a lesson. Just stay here and wait." Then, she disappeared in thin air.

The police officers asked my dad whether or not that he shot me. But, he didn't confess at all. He just kept denying.

Suddenly, he started to yelp in pain. I could briefly see the image of the lady torturing him by kicking his shins and stomach and started to slap him. Everyone in the room were shocked at the sudden reaction coming from dad.

"Sick bastard! Just confess already!! Don't you remember how you dumped me and leave me to die on the streets?! Now you did this to our son!!" She was really really really REALLY mad.

I was frozen when I heard she said 'son'. I couldn't believe that we were the sons to the lady. And my stepdad wasn't my stepdad after all. He was my birth father. No wonder I resembled them in some ways.

Once she stopped beating the crap out of him, the old man immediately kneeled on the floor. He mumbled a chain of words which I think they were apologies. He also confessed to the police officers that he shot me in the left chest which almost costed me my life. 

All of a sudden, my heart monitor suddenly went haywire. I was going into ventricular fibrillation. I started to panic and tugged on my hair. There was nothing I can do since I'm invisible. A whole team of nurses and doctors came in and ushered everyone in the room out. 

The doctors proceeded to work on me while I was at the side. The lady was reassuring me that everything is fine. To me, it wasn't fine at all. I could die. She hugged me and whispered in my ear.

"You might now know that I'm your birth mom. Just think that I'm still here and comforting you. It will help." Her voice became soft again.

I listened to her advice and closed my eyes. A sharp pain shot through my chest which caused ultimate discomfort. I looked up angrily. The doctors were the ones that were causing it. They used the defibrillator on me, it was charged up on 180 J. But my heart monitor reading didn't get better. It was now a flatline. One of the doctors then started CPR.

"Kaidoh yah, take good care of your brothers okay? You're going back in there soon. If you need me, just think about me." She kissed my forehead.

I never wanted to separate with her. But all thanks to that bloody old man who killed mom, we were seperated forever. I violently shook my head in protest.

"You still have a long life to livc, don't give up your life. Here, take this." Mom took out a necklace from her pocket. She then put it over my neck.

The doctors were charging up the defibrillator again. I was preparing myself mentally for the tremendous amount of pain. After it was done charging, one of the doctors placed the paddles on either side of my chest.

"Goodbye mom." My tears couldn't stop flowing.

"See you soon." She then kissed me one last time.

The doctor then pressed the discharge button.

The sharp pain shot through once again and this time, I totally lost consciousness.


"Doctor, we have a strong pulse."

The heart monitor beeped once again. 

 

To be continued...

 

Author's note: Hello~ I'm back!! Sorry for the extemely long wait for the update. I was having a test in school since Monday and it was over two days ago. And I'm trying to cope with the fact my maternal grandmother might pass away anytime since the doctors said she will not survive long off oxygen. T.T I will try my best not to let it affect me from schoolwork and updates.