Prologue Part Two *new*

소녀 (Sonyeo)

         The day she came home from her last day of physical therapy to her father sitting in wait for her. He looked at her and told her, “Pack up your things up.” Kaylie looked at her father in confusion, “Why? Dad, what’s going on?” Her dad looked at her with hurt and said the unexpected words she’d ever heard, “I am not your father. I was never your father.  We took you in as a favor for a friend. His wife, your mother, died when you were just a baby and he had two other kids to take care of so he asked us to take care of you. I didn’t really want to because we already had Catherine, your sister, but my wife begged me to take you in since she couldn’t have any more kids of her own, and she wanted Catherine to have a sibling. I didn’t think it was a good idea of taking you away from your real family but I couldn’t tell her she couldn’t.”

       Kaylie teared up at the information she was just given. She couldn’t believe it. Kaylie looked at him with tears in her eyes, “Why do you hate me so much?” He looked at her with pain in his eyes and said, “I don’t hate you but because of you the love of my life is gone.” He looked away from her and continued, “Your real last name is McGarrett. Now pack up because I’m sending you to a school in Anyang, South Korea. I can’t stand seeing you right now it’s too painful because every time I look at you I see my wife lying in a coffin. So I asked your friend Bekah’s family to take you in so you will be going to school with her. Just know that I don’t hate you, I’m trying to grieve and I get angry looking at you.” He then turned and left her room slamming the door.  Kaylie tried to keep her tears from falling as she packed all her stuff up to start her new life in a whole new country. She was just glad that her ‘father’ was sending her to her best friend that had the year before moved to her home country of South Korea.

       Though she was scared and heart broken when she got on the plane that would take her to her new life.  

       After a 9 and a half hour long flight she finally arrived at Incheon International Airport. She stretched her back as she got off the plane. She smiled a little knowing she at least had someone she knew in this new place. Kaylie looked around and found the baggage claims and was able to gather up all of her purple luggage. After she gathered up all of her luggage she made her way to where she was to meet her best friend.

       Once she made it to the terminal she had seen her best friend holding up a sign with her name on it. Kaylie hurried over to her and cheered, “Bekah! I have missed you so much this past year!” Her friend smiled happily and said, “I missed you too! And I’m really sorry to hear about your mom passing.” Kaylie looked down sadly and Bekah gasped, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to upset you!” Kaylie shook her head and sighed, “Its ok. At least we are together and you can help me brush up on my Korean.” Bekah gave her a small smile and said, "You will be fine. Who knows maybe you will even meet the guy of your dreams?" Kaylie smiled and said, "Maybe I will."

 

 

 

Authors note: i know nothing of flying or airports so if its not the terminal where you meet up with peopl do let me know and it is about a 9.5 hour flight from Hawaii to Incheon on Korean Airlines lol i looked it up. and please do comment and let me know what you think. I know i changed a lot  but i think it's much much better now :)