01

Hidden Angels

Play, Listen, & Read.


 

 
Hours after agonizing hours, the girl who was deflated on the couch still couldn't wrap her head around the current events occurring around her. Every second was ticking for eternity, making the pain in her tightened chest deepen. She was unabashed when it came to tears, she pulled the string that held her back. Many events have happened too rapidly for her liking, her foster mother was diagnosed with a foreign cancer, her body was prone to diseases because of her age and the fact that her immune system was collapsing; she was the only one at home. Her beloved boyfriend, that she has been head over heels for since her freshman year, cheated on her with another woman, abandoning her heart, leaving her mind abundant of memories of them together when there was no such thing as imperfections. His logical reason was because of his personal preference, he wanted a woman, not a "scrawny, eighteen-year old in a twelve-year old body." She still couldn't comprehend the way he placed his words. Once he mentioned that she was the most outrageously gorgeous woman he has ever laid eyes on when she wasn't eating regularly. Now his mind changed like a flip of a coin. 
She had no more spare time and space for another tragedy, she wanted to escape this hell. She always thought that the world was the devil's playground, now she was actually believing it. All of these happenings occurring to an adolescent girl from an ordinary city, it had to be planned. 
What she wanted, desired more than anything, was to be free. The sound of the word freedom was like crisp sea breeze to her. She wanted to abandon this world and start with a new beginning, but life wasn't allowing it for her.
If only I were a different girl, she thought, he would've loved me. If her parents never divorced (or that she was informed of), she would've been living under the roof of bliss guardians, but a foster mother was what she received. Her single wish was to be alive as someone else, anyone but herself. She would accomplish anything for her dream to become reality, experience new measures if she had to.
The doorbell's redundant melody echoed through the house. She arose herself from despair so she could answer. Her feet dragged against the hardwood floors, too exhausted to properly walk. 
"AJ?" The person behind the door stated as she seized a gaze at the wrecked girl. Her eyes skimmed over her bed hair, her ragged pajamas that no longer had a use of covering her body; it was already outgrown. 
She replied with utter silence, creeped out. was tight from all of the sobbing. 
"It's me, IU. You don't remember me, do you?" 
AJ stared down the girl who appeared to be ageless. She noted how her porcelain flesh glowed under the sun's rays just like hers, her dark orbs that contrasted the surrounded skin, her small facial features. She was a talking doll. 
Annoyed, AJ closed the door. At that moment she could care less about manners. Emotions wracked through her, giving her an inability to speak. Even if she wanted to answer the girl, she possibly couldn't. It was as if heated cotton balls were shoved down her esophagus. Her hands were clammy, continuously and repetitively curling and unclenching. She ran her sweaty palms on the thin fabric she wore then brought them to wipe the sweat and tears from her face. 
"Listen to me!" The doll-like woman shouted from outside. "You are my sister that I have been searching for three years! You have to believe me, we are different. We're.. angels." 
By then, AJ wasn't paying attention to woman and was absentmindedly batting her eyes. Steamy tears brimmed her waterline and she definitely knew that she wanted to escape. From this tormented life that led her to demented ways of behavior. She was becoming insane if she actually believed the fact that she was an angel or that they were siblings.