03

Hidden Angels

Play, Listen, & Read. 

 

 


 

For the first time in an eternity, AJ grinned brighter than the sun. A sister, a twin born at the same time as her, was the best opportunity to mend a deep wound. She imagined the new life the both of them as angels would bring, flying among the birds, soaring a little higher just because they could. Feeling the gushing wind play with the strands of their hair and the peaks of their feathers, a sense of freedom and weightlessness crashing into them like a train. She pictured two shadowy figures in the sky representing them, holding hands to become one, to be unified into one sibling. After everything, the mental tormenting that frightened her sanity away, IU was a gift truly sent from heaven. She was a temporary relief from her tragedy but she didn't mind. 
"How did you find me?" AJ found words that have been bugging her since their encounter. "About being my sister and all." 
"I knew we were siblings. It took a lot of research to finally find your house. The CIA aren't so lose with their information." IU spoke while waving her hands, as if it wasn't a World War to finally receive the slightest information and whereabouts of her sister. She didn't rest until dots were connected, locations were pin-pointed, until she witnessed her other flesh and blood was still thriving on these strange, foreign grounds. The both of them had been raised by their parents in heaven, but once the demons broke from their hellish dwelling, they dashed to the golden gates, their parents had no other option. They had to dispatch their only children to a safe haven, the closest place was Earth. 
"So what do they call you here?" IU inquired while taking a seat on the edge of the building, dangling her legs over several stories of apartments. "Your name, I mean." 
The girl made sure to pronounce each syllable to be heard over the sound of the cold wind. "Amaya." 
"That's so strange," her sister raked hands in her disheveled, inky locks. The wind was teasing her, throwing strands in front of her face to distract her from train of thoughts. "Mine is Aika." She was scratching her head from utter confusion, attempting to think as to why her parents did that, to separate them. Though they were eight when they descended, neither of them could recall much. It was for the better. While Aika was raised with a fellow angel, the messenger who delivered them- he found it best to separate them, one on either side of the country- Amaya spent the majority of her childhood transferring from multiple orphanages. When she made new friends, they had to bid their goodbyes so early in their relationship, it was better to isolate herself. Or at least, that's what she thought.