Prologue

Hidden Angels

 

 
Everybody's conscience is untamable sometimes, maybe more times than desired. They inform the brain on certain consequences that could build up a person or completely demolish them. Nobody can be composure when the voice in their head is screaming at them, it's there as a reminder to keep one from committing sins, always discovering ways to step ten feet in trouble.  
A teen had the same problem, she didn't have the equanimity, not being able to control herself and transformed into a utterly disparate person. None of her friends stayed long enough to distinguish her unforeseen change, they relinquished her. Loved ones fled like birds heading south; she was only left with the silence they abandoned. Though she despised them, who was to blame besides herself? 
All that surged through her head was how she mistreated her unimpeachable family (the orphanage that is) that was by her side to aid her, how she ruined herself. When they scolded her not to play with fire or mess with trouble, she did the opposite. Even though at the time it was out of pure entertainment, and boredom was consuming her mind like a plague, consequences and karma awaited when she returned from her failed escape. 
She had no other option but to waste her life with endless glasses that she thought can erase her problems that were oozing wounds. But it temporarily completed the job, she never grasped on the concept. When she awoken, she grieved and sorrowed more than she where she started. 
Her thoughts convinced her that she could press the reset on her life only if she was willing to swap her alcoholic ways- the mistreating of her own body that was suppose to be treated as a temple- for a life that was prosperous and productive, but her chances diminished into thin air. She found herself stuck in an endless cycle, despair aded her blood and it was now what she lived on. She took in sharp pains instead of fresh air, she cried herself to sleep instead of consuming a proper meal. The girl simply was decimating her body but she was too ignorant to even notice. 
Her biological twin sister is the complete opposite. Her life couldn't be any better, she makes a living complying to a hit-list. She has been working for an underground corporation- of hidden angels that protect the citizens from hell's evil- that has provided her with a treacherous yet venturesome life. The managers at the headquarters dispatch her on missions to slice the throats of demons that have injected themselves into the peaceful world. The balance of good and evil, right and wrong, her and many others are there to ensure that the scale is equal.