Ch02: The shared bed

Summer Love
A/N: This is a rushed chapter because I thought I could fulfill my promise
But sadly my father won't allow me to use wifi so... But I hope you like it though.
Everyone, Our Tao! Huang Zitao

Kris watch as Tao finished up his food. The younger ate so many that he looks pitifully adorable. 
 
After Tao calmed down from crying at the waiting shed, the younger asked if he could crash on his pad. The older can't say no to a tear-stained face and a puffy nose and eyes. So here they are. Tao's stomach grumbles when they arrived, grabbing their attention. Kris chuckled at how crimson red Tao's face was. He cooked for Tao and the younger ate happily.
    
"Where am I going to sleep?" Tao asked. Since he trudge along with Kris, he was led to the older's room.
    
Kris thought for a second. His condo unit only have one room. His bed is colossal. And the couch is uncomfortable. The blonde sigh as he raked his hair with his hands. "You stay here, Tao. I'll just unpacked and head for the living room," Kris said as he started opening his luggage. He felt like it would be awkward sleeping with someone who you just met for a day.
   
Tao sat at the bed and just watch as Kris puts every clothing he had in his cabinet. The younger realized that the blonde is a fashionista. And with his height and looks like that, the older could definitely model.
   
"By the way, where did you get my number?" Kris asked suddenly, making Tao jump a little on the gigantic bed.
 
"I ask for it, remember?" Kris look at Tao over his shoulder with a 'I-don't-know-what-you-are-talking-about' look. Tao rolled his eyes. "I ask for it on the airplane when you are suddenly clutching on your chest and your eyes a little bit dilated," Tao explained.
    
Slowly, Kris remembers. It was the moment when he is thinking about his pounding heart, when he wanted to clutch it and stop it from pounding hard on his chest. "Ah." was Kris only replies.
    
After he piled up his clothes in his closet, Kris walk over to a drawer where there is an extra comforter. The living room would be freaking cold. He grabbed one pillow and started heading for the door. Kris was about to close it when the younger stopped him. " You could sleep here with me in bed," Tao asked, his face tinted red.
   
Kris thought about it. Tao is fine with him sleeping in the bed. Then there is no problem then. Because they're both males and it will have no malice. Right? Kris brushed off the uncertainty as he walk over the bed. He nudged Tao a little, the younger scoot to the other side of the bed.
    
Kris closed the lights before he spread himself on the bed. Its king-sized since he is a tall person. The bed is still too big for the two of them. The blonde turned off his lampshade. "Turn off your lampshade, Tao and go to sleep," Kris said drowsily. This day is just tiring.
    
Tao don't know if he could sleep with the lights all turned off. He's afraid. And he's cold. Not the warmth of the comforter could beat the coldness he felt. He missed him. Its because his always there with him every night, hugging him, cuddling him and loving him. Tao sigh as he closed the lampshade and tries to get some sleep.
*-*-*-*-*
   
Tao can't fall asleep. He continued to toss and turn. He is always like this, when he slept over to an another's house, this often happen to him. He sighs as he finally gave up and lie on his back. He hesitantly asked Kris. "Yifan? Are you sleeping?"
    
Kris eyes shot up. His back is facing the younger so he won't go notice. He heard a heavy sigh left the youngster's lips. He felt the bed shift and he is sure the younger is leaning at the headboard and sitting upright.
   
"I miss him, you know," the younger began. Kris raised a brow, curious as to what the other is about to say. "He used to hold me tight every night. He used to tell me of his love towards me,"Another sigh.
    
"Anyways, I hate you," Kris almost coughed at the random change of topic. "You left me. You didn't know how scared I am when you left me there at the airport." He bet Tao is sticking his lips, pouting at his direction.
    
Suddenly, Tao's voice become small and laced with terror. "I.. I didn't know where to go. Someone almost robbed my luggage away from me," He heard a sobbed. He felt the urge to hug the other and caress him. But the younger continued talking. "I fought them. But I was damned scared. They almost stabbed me. They are pointing a knife in front of my face. They threaten me. And I miss him, need him."
    
The bedroom quieted and all was heard is sobbing and choking in tears. When Tao finally calmed down, he ask Kris. "Will you let me stay with you here in your pad? Will you let me stay here for two weeks?" Tao sighed. "I guess not, right? I'm a total burden." Tao stood up and Kris felt the bed lift ever so lightly.
    
"And because I can't fall asleep, I'll just have to do something." The bed lifts up, signaling Kris that Tao has left the bed. Kris immediately clamp his eyes shut. The blonde heard the door opened then closed. 
    
The blonde opened his eyes. He walks towards the door and let himself out. He walks over the living room. Tao wasn't there. Kris peek at the dinning room, which is also at his kitchen. There was Tao, standing and looking at his notebook. The younger then started looking for something. The raven-haired boy picks up baking utensils and baking ingredients. Kris lifts a brow, amused. It looks like the younger is going to bake. 
    
A yawn escaped his mouth and he decided to let the other be and head for the bed. Once on it, he fell asleep almost instantly but not without thinking about what the other just said earlier.
   
"Who is he?" The blonde whispers as sleep eats him. The older didn't know why but he felt a pang of anxiousness and curiosity running through his veins. The older didn't really understand what is happening to him lately.