Chapter Six: Double Agent

Undercover

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Okay, thank you so much. Bye.” I press the end button on my old Nokia mobile phone and discreetly dispose it in a trashcan as I walk back into the small café. Taking the seat across from Cat and Derek, I tell them about the call.

“It went pretty well, surprisingly. The receptionist lady said that the coordinator looking for an assistant would love to see me later this afternoon with a resume.”

“Shocking that no one was hired yet. I would’ve thought fan girls would race and kill to get a job like this.” Cat comments as she takes a sip from her latte.

I nod as I comb my hand through the loose curls of my auburn, mid-back length wig and adjust my black bowler hat. “That’s what surprised me too.”

“Well here’s your resume; hopefully it’s convincing enough.” Derek says, handing me two sheets of paper. I scan it over and nod my head. Nothing I couldn’t work with since most of the things listed are true…except maybe working at a salon…but really! It’s just coordinator assistant, not like I would actually be styling anyone.

“Let’s hope I don’t get more than I bargain for in this job.” I say at last. I straighten the papers and tuck them into my messenger bag before picking up my French vanilla. Sipping from it, I turn my attention to the small flat screen monitor they had in the café; the news was on. Very briefly, I caught the words of the reporter talking about how In-Su had gone missing ever since the night of that banquet. Police are now working on the case but I highly doubt they’ll find anything; the cleaners tend to do a pretty good job at what they do. Cat and Derek either took no notice of the news or was just as unconcerned as I am because Cat slides the all too familiar blue tooth headset across the table to me.

“You’ll be needing this as well.” Derek adds, also sliding a newer looking mobile phone to me. I wordlessly gather the items; placing the earpiece on my right ear so that most of my hair conceals it and picking up the phone to inspect it. It fits in my palm, about the size of an ITouch I guess. I press the lock button and the full length of the phone lights up; touch screen.

“Once you get inside the building, make sure you get pictures and figure out where Soo-Man’s main office is.” Cat says, looking at me squarely in the eyes as if I would forget. I express that thought by giving her a look but nonetheless nod my head.

“Obviously.” I say as I tuck away the phone in my pocket. “Anything else?”

“Nope, we’ll be keeping in touch with you so don’t worry.” Derek smiles. I let out a breath and glance at my wristwatch; it was twelve in the afternoon and the receptionist said that she wants me to come by in half an hour.

“I better get going…” I say, taking one last sip from my drink as I stand. “The receptionist wants to see me soon.”


“Okay, have fun and good luck on your interview.” Cat said in a singsong voice. I smile at her, shaking my head slightly before heading out. Placing on my shades in the bright afternoon sun, I start to make my way to SM’s headquarters. Once I arrive, I stood squarely at the front entrance, gazing up at the fairly large building.

“Okay guys, I’m heading in.” I mutter lowly.

“Alright, go get ‘em.”

I take a deep breath and let it out before shouldering my messenger bag, and finally take a step forward until eventually, I find myself standing inside SM building. It was rather clean with a simple cream/beige colour scheme. As suspected, there was a reception desk immediately to my left. My eyes travel upwards and around, spotting a few security cameras stuck in the corners peering at me.

“Excuse me, do you need anything?” A feminine voice calls out to me from behind the counter like desk. I turn to the lady dress in a business like attire; black blazer, probably a matching pencil skirt and heels and the white collared shirt underneath the blazer. Along with that, she has on a stainless steel nametag over on the left side of her chest. I barely make out the characters Lee Cho Hee.

I remove my shades, folding them and place them into the V line of my white, loose collar blouse tucked into my cuffed jean shorts with a thin brown belt. I bow to her and approach the desk.

“Ne, I’m just wondering where do I go to see my employer for my interview. I applied recently for the position of a coordinator assistance.” I say, my Korean significantly slower than hers but hey, I still manage to pronounce every word right. She gives a nod a before flipping through a pile of paper work that is placed off to the side behind the desk. Leafing through it, she stops at a particular sheet and pulls it out, scanning the one page content.

“Park Hana-ssi?”

“Ne.”

The receptionist places the sheet in front of me on the small ledge and places a pen on top of it. “Just fill this out and attach your resume to it.”

I nod in thanks and began to skim through the Hangeul characters. It had my name printed on it already; all that was left was to fill in my license or ID number, birth date, age, and a small questionnaire. I fill it out quickly and taking out my resume, I straighten the stacks of paper in my hands before handing it back to her. Cho Hee takes it and staples them together before rounding the corners of her working space.

“I’ll take you to see her now.”

I smile and she began to walk off down the hallway. I had no choice but to follow. As I did however, I discreetly took pictures as Cat and Derek had instructed me to do. I kept the phone camera near the pockets of my jeans (just in case I need to hide it) and the snap button on the side of the camera proves to make the task quite easy. In addition, I’m pretty sure the click of my cream and tan Oxford heels drown out the soft clicks of the camera (Cho Hee has yet to turn around from the sound). I scan around my surroundings, locating many doors that were offices to people who work in the building but not someone of importance.

Still, I snap as many pictures as I could. Just as I hope that Cho Hee would lead me into another office infested hallway, she takes a sudden turn and we end up at the back entrance of the building; specifically the door where most idols use. By the door entrance however, is another woman who is fairly petite, maybe only just a few centimetres taller than me (if I wasn’t wearing heels). She’s dressed casually; a black cardigan sweater reaching to her knees, skinny dark washed jeans, white converse, simple graphic tee and a sling purse.

As we finally came to a stop in front of her, I notice she has round cheeks, looks fairly young for her age (she probably is older than what she really looks like) and short black hair with front bangs.

Figuring her to be my employer, I bow my head to her in greeting.

“Well here’s your, hopefully, new assistant Eun Jung-ssi.” Cho Hee says smiling playfully as she hands over the documents to her. The lady in turn smiles too and looks at me, giving me a once over.

“We’ll see.”

I shift my eyes a bit; the tone in her voice makes it sound like I was gonna have to go through a trial in Hell before she decides to hire me. Cho Hee, still smiling, bids us both farewell before turning and striding back to her desk, leaving both this coordinator and me alone.

“So you’re…” She stops and takes a scan at the top of the sheets of paper in her hands. “Park Hana-ssi.”

“Ne…” I say.

“Choi Eun Jung.” She replies back curtly and almost immediately, the short lady turns and pushes open the door. Obviously expecting me to follow, I do and coming down the stone steps, I see a white mini van is parked waiting for us. Eun Jung heads for it and pulls open the door, taking the front passenger seat.

“Get in the car, we gotta go.”

Startled, I hurry over to the sliding side door, pull it open and hop in. As soon as I shut it, the driver begins to drive off.

“Hana-ssi, it says here you’re available at any time and can even work as a full time assistant if need to.”

“Ne,” I say. Thoughts of a possible on-the-job evaluation start to form in my head but given the situation I’m currently in, it probably was…Oh man.

“So you think you can handle the pressures of helping a coordinator? You may have to run ten different errands all at once.” Eun Jung says, glancing at me from the rearview mirror.

“I wouldn’t be applying if I didn’t.” I say.

Eun Jung gives me something akin to a smirk, “That’s what most girls say, but we all know they’re just there in hopes to get close to their oppa or unnie.”

Ah, no wonder this position is still up for grabs. I guess this just might be Eun Jung’s lucky day.

“I’m sure I won’t disappoint you.” I reply.

“We’ll see.”

We arrive at a salon and immediately I recognize it as a high-end place. Probably a lot of idols go here to get their hair done. Seeing Eun Jung step out, I follow suit, shutting the door behind me and briskly catch up to the coordinator. Man, this lady walks fast. I step into the salon after Eun Jung and continue to tag close to her until she comes to a stop at a station. I nearly bump into the smaller woman but nevertheless; nearly fall back when I saw who it was that was sitting in the salon chair (all in his blonde glory), getting his hair done.

“Oh hello Eun Jung noona!” Taemin greets, inclining his blonde head in greeting. Oh my God the Lord is testing me…

“Oh my God…” I can’t help muttering under my breath as Eun Jung starts having a conversation with the maknae of SHINee.

“What? What’s happening? Didn’t wanna disturb you when you were on the job.” Came Cat’s voice at last.

“Looks like my evaluation is gonna be an on-the-job thing…I’m at a salon and look who I decide to run into…” I say in one breath, still talking in a barely above whisper so as to not draw attention. Oh well, they were pretty busy discussing something anyways.

I hear a laugh and I can tell Cat is enjoying all of this. “Oh man, don’t tell me. This is too good.”

I can then hear her go off telling what she heard from me to Derek, all the while keeping that amused tone of voice. I inhale deeply and let it out slowly. What have I done…

“Hana-ssi.” I snap my head to the caller and find that it’s Eun Jung only now this time Taemin was also staring at me.

“Ne?” I ask, blinking a bit.

“I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of SHINee right? So you must know the members.”

I nod, “Ne.” And for good measures, give a bow. “Anangsaeyo Taemin-ssi. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Ne anangsaeyo.” He smiles but then his smile slips a bit. “Did Eun Jung noona say your name is Hana…?” He pauses, almost hesitating before adding timidly, “Park Hana…?”

Uh oh…Not good. I didn’t think he would still remember.

“Ne…” I say slowly. As if reading my thoughts, Cat cautiously warns me through the earpiece to tread softly.

“If you don’t mind me asking…did you, by chance, go to a banquet sometime last week…?”

I pull on what I hope to be a confused face and said. “No…I didn’t.” I shake my head slowly for emphasis. Taemin looks doubtful, makes a face as if he’s taking a pause to mull over his thoughts.

“I was sure…” I hear him say to himself. I smile a bit, finding it cute how I could confirm his habit of talking to himself in person.

To settle his thoughts (hopefully), I say, “You must’ve confused me with someone else. There’s a lot of Park Hana…"

He furrows his eyebrows, takes a look at me again and then pouts, pushing out his lower lip in an exaggerated frown before turning to me with an almost sheepish smile, “Ha ha, sorry. I thought you were someone I knew.” I smile in return and shrug as if to brush off the matter.

I hadn’t notice till now that during our little exchange Eun Jung had scurried off to talk to the rest of the members. I scan around the area, spotting her over by Jonghyun who looks like he’s ready to go along with Onew. I stood awkwardly watching them, wondering if I should head on over there or stay until she comes back.

“…Are you here to apply as Eun Jung noona’s assistant?” I hear Taemin’s soft voice ask. I glance over to him and he looks at me through the reflection of the mirror as the hairdresser works on his hair.

“Ne, I am…” I answer.

He smiles again, a bit timidly. “Good luck, she might seem hard and demanding but she’s nice once you get to know her. Though…she might push you close to insanity before she even hires you.” He gives a chuckle and I give a sound between a scoff and a chuckle back.

“So I wasn’t the only one to take my chances at this?”

“Ah you’re probably the tenth one.”

“…Oh.”

“Well isn’t that dandy, at least you get to walk away and say you got to talk to Taemin.” Cat jokes from the earpiece. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and tell her to shut up but by that time, Eun Jung walks back, a scowl on her face as she checks her wrist watch.

“At this rate, we’re gonna be late for the shoot! Are we done here?” She turns on the stylist who quickly gives a nod and an okay for Taemin to get up. At full height, Taemin practically towers over me. Even in my 3 inch heels I barely reach his shoulders. I follow closely behind Eun Jung as she briskly makes her way out of the salon and towards the van waiting for us again at the front. She opens the sliding door to the back and stands off to the side. I follow her every move and only then realize that the rest of SHINee were behind me. Jonghyun, Onew, Minho and Key give a glance at me before they disappear into the backseat. Taemin gets in afterwards and only gives a quick smile at me. Once they were in, Eun Jung gestures for me to get in too and almost robotically I step into the car, taking the last seat closest to the door…and beside Minho.

He turns to me, gives a polite smile and a nod and the only thing that automatically came to me was to return it so as not to be awkward (but I probably came off as awkward anyways). Afterwards my eyes automatically drift to my lap and my hands resting on them. Damn, I didn’t think I was this awkward around guys. Maybe it’s cuz I spend too much time at the agency shooting guns and risking my life. Or maybe they’re just really pretty…I don’t bode well with pretty boys…(not in a bad way of course, but strangely I feel intimidated being in their presence). I didn’t dare glance at the back where Jonghyun, Onew and Taemin are sitting. Overall, the atmosphere in the van feels immensely awkwardly.

Hard to believe though is that all of this is just happening for a split second. Eun Jung had entered the car and is now going off about how they only had ten minutes to get to the studio as the driver is getting in too and buckling his seatbelt. I also manage to catch that the studio was at least fifteen minutes away.

Just as the driver is about to start the car, I said before I could stop myself, “I know a short cut.”

I glance up and figure that everyone’s attention is on me. In my mind, I was pretty sure I said that quite quietly but I guess not.

“Do you?” Eun Jung asks. Well…sorta, was what I want to say but I didn’t. Actually no not at all is more like it. I absolutely had no idea where this studio is but I just know that if I got efficient directions, I can get to it in five minutes. I just want Eun Jung to stop complaining and who knows, maybe my driving skills is what will get me hired.

“Yeah but you might wanna refresh my memory a bit though…” I say. “Could use some help…” I mutter in English lowly, using my hair to cover the side of my face from Minho.

“On it…have her repeat the name of the studio for me.” I hear Cat.

“It’s what studio again?”

“ELLE Magazine studios. So you’re suggesting that you should drive?” Eun Jung says again.

Basically.

“Um…if you don’t mind…I mean…it’s just sort of hard for me to verbally give commands…” I try to explain. “I tend to associate actions with memories…”

“Oh whatever, if it gets us there faster then great!” Eun Jung says before ushering the driver to get out. Instantaneously, I got out of my seat and jog over around to the driver’s side. Getting in, I adjust the seat and rearview mirror, catching a glimpse of the driver shutting the door. I turn the key, starting the ignition and place my foot on the gas pedal and hands on the wheel.

“You…might wanna put on your seatbelts…” I say as I take notice to the comfortable way Onew is sitting in-between Jonghyun and Taemin. Onew seems to catch my glance and he gives a questioning look. “Let’s just say…you’ll be at the studio in about five minutes…give or take.”

“Ready when you are.” Cat announces.

That was my last warning before I shift the gear into drive, slam on the gas and sharply turn the wheel, pulling out of the side street parking space in a second and race down the near empty roads (thank God).

“YAH!” I hear a yell and can only assume it’s Key. Still I continue to speed down the road, ignoring the other five different exclamations in the back. I quickly switch lanes to pass by a slow driver. Damn I hate it when people do that.

“Keep heading down the road you’re on but on the up coming traffic light make a left.” I switch lanes again and narrowly dodge a moving truck. The driver angrily honks at me from behind.

“I never liked truck drivers anyways…” I mutter. I signal left and make a sharp turn at a yellow light, still weaving between cars.

“Make another left at the next oncoming traffic light.”

“YAH EUN JUNG NOONA STOP HER! WHAT IS THIS?!”

“WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!”

“WOAHHHH!”

I discreetly push the earpiece closer to my ear, almost laughing out loud along with Cat who could clearly hear the boys screaming. All was going well before I hit a traffic jam at a light; great.

“…” I curse under my breath.

“Hold on hold on, if you go back a bit, there’s a wide looking alleyway between two buildings on your left, if you follow it then it should lead you to the main road where the studio is.”

Immediately I put the gear into reverse, twisting my upper body around to weave through on coming cars backward.

I couldn’t help the smile creeping onto my lips as I catch a glimpse of SHINee (and the poor driver) looking paler than they ever did before. Once the alleyway Cat was talking about came into view, I did half a donut with the car and dive into it. I follow the direction it’s going but eventually came to a fork in the road.

“Go right.”

I swerve right, the yelling still continues and Cat laughs. Up ahead I could see the main road Cat was talking about.

“Make a left and a right at the first traffic light you see and continue down a bit more and the studio should be on your left.”

I did as Cat instructs, swerving left right out onto the main street and fishtailing a bit but no biggie. I signal (though at this point I shouldn’t even bother) into the right lane and turn at the traffic light. I speed again down five blocks and see the studio’s sign up ahead, just like where Cat had said. I signal again and turn into the small parking lot they had, skid and do a 360 turn before Reverse Park into a space between two cars. The car gives a slight jerk to a stop as I place the gear into park. I turn to Eun Jung who looks albeit stiff but…slightly impressed (?) in her seat. I nearly burst out laughing when I turn to check on the boys. They’re pale as ghosts, panting a bit from screaming and yelling so much and are as stiff as rocks, clutching onto whatever (or whoever) that’s closest to them.  Key, with wide eyes (and looking about ready to faint), meets my eyes.

“Y-YAH!” He points a shaking finger at me, “THAT WAS DANGEROUS! YOU COULD’VE GOT US KILLED YOU CRAZY WOMAN!”

“But I didn’t did I?” I reply nonchalantly. I then hear Taemin start laughing like he just got off of a roller coaster.

“Oh my God that was…” is what I hear from him before he starts laughing again.

“Yah,” Minho laughs at me, wide eyed but clearly feeling the adrenaline rush from the ride. “Where did you…” He starts but breathes out a laugh of disbelief. I smile and shrug before taking a quick glance at the clock on the dashboard; ten minutes exactly.

“Well…at least we made it…” Eun Jung says at last before snapping back to coordinator mode. “What are we still sitting here for? Get going! You’re manager is probably here already and he won’t be happy if we’re late!”

We all pile out of the car (some still shaky on their feet; Jonghyun and Onew dramatically kneels and hugs the ground) and head to the side entrance of the building.

I follow them once again, the studio is bustling with people and after SHINee greeted the photographer, they were sent off to get their make up done and change clothes.

“Did they all manage to survive the ride?” Cat asks, amusement clearly in her voice. I smirk back slightly.

“Yeah, more or less. I’m at the studio now and I still don’t know if Eun Jung is considering on hiring me yet.”

“Well maybe you should start pulling off some skills you learned at the agency.” Cat jokes. Even if she is joking, I kinda considered it. I mean, Eun Jung did look slightly impressed at my mad driving skills.

“Hana-ssi!” Speak of the devil, I look over and Eun Jung waves at me to come over. I obey and see that in her hands she had piles of clothes in her arms. She shoves the pile she’s holding into my arms and says briskly, “Put those on the rack where Jonghyun is. Quickly now I still got more!”

I hurriedly scurry over to where Jonghyun is getting his hair gelled and place all the clothes on the rack by their hangers and then scurry back. This process is repeated a couple of more times and by then I was getting pretty sick of seeing clothes. Then came the photoshoot and the boys did their thing (I could finally take a small break).

“So I took the data from the camera phone we gave you. By the looks of it, I’m pretty sure Soo-Man’s office would naturally be on the upper floors.” Cat comments as I stroll around the studio for a bit.

“Yeah, we just don’t know where…I might just have to sneak a peek when I get the chance…” I reply back. “That is if I even get hired, I swear this lady better make up her mind soon. She’s already working me like I’m her personal slave.”

Cat laughs, “It’s only gonna get worse Mich.”

“Hana-ssi!”

I heave a sigh to myself, jogging over to Eun Jung and resist the urge to say, ‘You yelled?’ Man, maybe I shouldn’t have worn my heels…

This time, Eun Jung is holding a case of water as well as some blotting papers packs on top. She makes a gesture to the water case in her hands.

“Take these over to the table near the set and take care of the boys. I need to go get them brunch.”

“Ne…” I say before taking the case from her. She smiles and then disappears out the door while I proceed to lug the case over. I haul it onto the table and then glance at the blotting paper. My eyes travel to SHINee, Jonghyun just finished his solo shoot and now it was Key’s turn. Where everyone else went I wouldn’t know (probably changing) But all of this meant…

The brunette spots me and saunters over to the water case. He smiles at me as he takes a bottle of water. “You’re driving skills are pretty crazy. How’d you get your license?”

 “I didn’t.” I deadpan. He looks shocked, staring at me with wide eyes. “I only got the part where I can drive but not by myself…”

He bursts out laughing, nodding in understanding and takes a sip of water. From the dip of his shirt, I can see a sheen of sweat on his collar and neck. On closer inspection, his cheeks and jaw looks a bit dewy as well; it’s probably from standing under the lights for so long. If I could, I would heave a sigh right now before bracing myself. If this increases my chances of getting hired, I have no choice but to it up and do what Eun Jung told me to do; no matter how awkward this will be. I reach over to the blotting pack and pull the seal open, taking a sheet out before stepping closer to Jonghyun and gently pat his face with it.

He’s startled at first but didn’t push me away. I feel my face begin to heat and I just hope I’m not completely red. I concentrate on patting his other cheek and avoid looking at his eyes; it’s all I could do to keep my hands from shaking. Jonghyun must have been a mind reader or something because he gently brushes his hand over mine to stop me. I involuntarily flinch and inquisitively look up at him. All he does is smile at me.

“Thanks but I got it.” He slips his hand under mine to take the blotting sheet away and continue my supposed task. “So…” Jonghyun starts as he pats the sheet against his neck, trying to break the awkward air. “I heard from Eun Jung noona that you’re name is Hana…”

Uh oh…here we go again.

“Ne…” I repeat myself just as I had done with Taemin.

“How old are you?”

Well that was different.

“Uh…18.”

His eyes widen and he pauses at wiping his forehead. “Really? I thought you would be my age.”

I let out a breathy laugh; definitely different. People would always assume I would be younger. “That’s different. I always get I look younger than I am.”

He shrugs and tosses the sheet into a nearby trash. “To me I guess. So how do like the job so far?”

“I don’t even know if Eun Jung-ssi even has the thought of hiring me yet. But…it’s okay I guess.” I reply truthfully.

“Ha ha, don’t worry, I think you will get the job. Especially after you’ve managed to get us here in ten minutes and the studio was fifteen minutes away.”

I chuckle a bit and at that moment Jonghyun is called over by a stylist. He turns to me, says that he’ll see me around and runs off to…whatever it is that he needs to do. I breathe out a sigh and, noticing a chair, I practically collapse in it.

“Tired already?” If I had a gun on with me (or any kind of weapon for that matter) this poor soul would’ve been unconscious. Nevertheless, I jump out of my seat and naturally put distance between myself and whoever it is that decided to startle me. It’s Key who gives me a look as if I had just sprouted an extra head. I place a hand over my racing heart.

“You…startled me.”

“Sorry,” He says before he grabs the pack of blotting paper and takes one for himself (good, I wasn’t in the mood to wipe off sweat). He and I stand awkwardly as he cleans his face. Once he’s done however, Key starts eyeing me in a suspicious way. That’s when I figured Key was gonna be a tough customer to convince.

“You look really familiar.”

Wow, trust Key to be straightforward.

“…How?” I ask.

“Like I’ve seen you before. Doesn’t help that the person that comes to mind also has the same name as you.” I never notice how piercing Key’s gaze can be, especially when he’s out to trap someone and make him or her fess up for a crime they committed (or didn’t commit). I stand my ground.

“Maybe you’ve met my doppelganger.” I said.

His eyes narrow a bit and he comes closer to me. I hold my gaze with his. Key opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by his ‘twin’.

“Kibum hyung!”

Key’s gaze snaps to Taemin, almost a little viciously. Taemin blinks in confusion at Key before turning to me.

“…Sorry were you talking about something important?”

“…Nothing. Just wishing Hana-ssi luck in getting this job.” Key says smoothly. “Do you need something Taemin?”

“Ah yeah, Eun Jung noona came back with food. We’re all getting ready to eat.”

“Oh okay…” Key gives me one last look before walking off to a table where everyone seems to be gathering. Taemin turns to me and smiles.

“You should join us, I’m sure you haven’t had anything to eat yet right?”

“Ah no I’m fine.” I say, waving my hand.

“No come! There’s enough for everyone!” He insists and I sigh, giving in.

“Okay.”

He leads me over to the table where everyone is currently taking out plastic containers of sushi, chicken, and teriyaki chicken and rice. Of course there’s kimchi as a side dish and some beef. Right away, I feel kind of awkward (being out of place and with Key eyeing me like a hawk).

“Hana-ssi, sit down and eat.” Eun Jung ushers me to a chair and I sit along with Taemin who was to my right. Among the table, I see a man who looks like he was a bit older than Derek. I guess it’s their manager. My presence didn’t go unnoticed by him.

“Ah so you’re Hana-ssi. I’ve heard some pretty interesting stories from you already.”

I laugh sheepishly as Eun Jung gives me a serving of teriyaki chicken, rice and some kimchi. “I guess you can say…” is all I could come up with.

“You’re not Korean are you?” He continues.

“Ah no…I’m Chinese and Vietnamese.”

“I see, you’re Korean is very impressive though.”

“Ne, thank you…” I incline my head. Eun Jung places a glass bottle of iced tea on the table along with many other drinks for us to take. “Thank you Eun Jung ssi…I’ll eat well.” I take up the wooden chopsticks, break them and slowly take bites of the food. Free food; you can’t really go wrong with that.

“You can call me unnie if you want.” She replies with a smile. I smile in return; does that mean I’m hired…?

“So you’re only 18 years old. Being a coordinator assistant is almost a full time job. Don’t you have school?”

I swallow and say slowly, “…I guess it’s only temporary…I’m studying abroad right now but I’m on break...so…” Out of the corner of my eyes I see something topple over and didn’t have to think that it’s the glass bottle of iced tea. My reflex kick in and I reach out my hand, feeling the cool surface of the glass in my palm as I grasp it from falling.

“Omo,” Taemin exclaims, staring at the bottle and then to me. “I thought for sure it was gonna fall. Nice catch!”

I glance up and notice everyone is, once again, staring at me. Everyone’s eyes were wide with surprise. I place the bottle back on the table, this time closer to the center and laugh nervously.

“Uhh…thanks.”

“Seems like you have good reflexes.” The manager says chuckling a bit. “Anyways, back on topic. Eun Jung, have you decided to hire Hana-ssi? As far as I see, I think she’s perfect for the job.”

“I already have.” Eun Jung says as a matter of fact. “After today’s schedule, you start working with us officially tomorrow morning; bright and early.” Oh great, I’m gonna have to follow SHINee around on their daily schedule from dusk till dawn, tending to their every need while trying to break into Soo-Man’s office to find information. You know, no big deal.

Oh well, I smile and say enthusiastically, “That’s great! Thank you so much Eun Jung…unnie!” I get up and bow to her and the rest of SHINee cheers (well…most of them).

“Congratulations Hana-ssi!” Jonghyun says, smiling brightly. I return the smile again but from beside Jonghyun, Key gives me a look that clearly says he’ll be keeping an eye on me. Well likewise Key, likewise…