Chapter Two: In the Heart and Seoul

Undercover

"Can't believe we're going to S. Korea!" Cat exclaims in excitement even at one in the morning. I groan tiredly from the plane seat beside her, slouched against the cushions in hopes it would evelope me back into sleep. The other agents that came along were either reading a novel or catching up on some sleep (ear buds plugged in and mask over their eyes). Luckily for us, we had a private jet as a means of travel. That meant that I didn't have to deal with crying babies or fear-of-flying passengers but that didn't mean I escaped from the clutches of an energetic partner.

"Cat go to sleep! I thought you're not a morning person."

"I like to think of myself as being more nocturnal; as long as it isn't day I'm not tired."

I sigh, preparing to plug in my ear buds and put on the sleeping mask. "Goodnight Cat. Wake me up when we're there."

I didn't know how long I was asleep for but at least Cat had the decency to shake me awake. Pulling off my mask, I notice it was still dark out....the time difference already was starting to confuse me.

"We're thirty minutes from landing in Seoul's International Airport." I heard Cat say.

"Did you sleep at all?" I ask while rubbing the sleep from my eyes and stretching my arms.

"Yeah a bit but the excitement still woke me up."

"You're seriously that excited about going to Korea?"

"C'mon Mich! This was like a lifetime goal of ours for how long and it's finally coming true, I thought you'd be excited too."

"But we're not here for a vacation Cat we're here on business." I remind her. Honestly I would have been just as excited as Cat if only we didn't had to have the responsibility of scoping out a group of dangerous terrorists. We can't afford to let our guards down for a moment.

"Well scanning the perimeters of our area can be like sightseeing..." Cat mutters crossing her arms moodily. Just when I was gonna try and coax her out of her grumpy mood, she perks up alert. "Oh right! Do we gotta plan on how to do this? Chief did say there would be multiple targets our hit can choose from." She muses.

An agent turns around from his seat to face us, I recognize him as Derek. I've seen him around a couple of times but I never worked on any cases with him. Fairly young, maybe just a year younger than Corey, married, and would've been your typical Korean-American if it wasn't for his job. I smirk a bit; of course you would put the native on a case that involves his own country.

"Agent Lee nice to see you again." I greet as he smiles, giving me a nod.

"Pleasure to be working with you two on this case. About that plan you're asking agent Tran; we're planning on splitting up into three groups to cover the top three significant buildings or landmarks of Seoul: N Seoul Tower, the 63 Building, and World Trade Centre Seoul."

"So two groups of three and one group of two people. I'm guessing you're with us?" Cat said to which Derek nodded.

"We're stationed for the World Trade Centre Seoul but our hotel is a little ways away from it." He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulled out what looked like ID cards.

"Since we're going undercover, we'll be needing these. You two are supposed to be my nieces while I'm your business representative uncle."

I took my modified fake ID card; it had my driver's licence picture on it but obviously totally different information. "Hana Park." I read.

"And I'm now Hyorin Park." Cat announces, looking over her ID too. "What about you?" She asks Derek.

"Yong-Suk Park."

Just as we pocketed our ID cards, the intercom on the plane signals on, announcing that we were to buckle up and prepare to land. As soon as we land and the plane stops, we exited down the stairway ramp they provided for us. Dressed in civilian clothing, Cat and I descend the stairs following Derek to three very polished black BMW sedans; the vehicles seemingly blending into the night that was starting to descend on the city of Seoul whereas in North America, we would be starting our day. I saw the other agents split into their respective groups and head toward their cars, waiting for the helpers to load their luggage in the trunk. They didn't look tired at all.

Approaching the car, Cat and I head for the backseat, opening the doors and setting the two guitar case and violin case we had off to one side of the seats. I got in to the front passenger seat and Cat climbs into the remaining backseat. Once we heard the slam of the trunk, Derek comes in on the driver's side.

"This really feels like a family trip right now, not a top secret mission." Cat comments.

"That's the point isn't it?" Derek chuckles, starting the car and driving off to our hotel.

"Hey since we're here in Korea...." I start, stretching out my hand towards the power button for the radio. "We can finally listen to a radio station that plays K-Pop on regular basis..." Pushing the button, the screen situated inbetween the driver and passenger seat lit up before it started to play something awfully...horrendously familiar.

"OH GOD! HOW THE HELL?!"

"IT'S NOT EVEN FRIDAY YET!"

"Fun, fun, fun, fun week-"

"SHUT UP DEREK."

Eventually we made it to the hotel that accomodated our rooms somewhere in the Gangnam-gu district. Checking in under our fake ID, we head to the elevator with our luggage, cases, and bags. Just as we approach our rooms, Derek hands us our card keys; one for each of us.

"My room is across from you two; hope you don't mind sharing rooms with each other."

"No we're fine." I answer as Cat slides the card through the slit and an approved beeping noise resounds from the lock.

"Alright, get some sleep. We'll go sightseeing tomorrow." Derek says, just as he was also making his way into his room. I nod at his underlying message and bid him a goodnight, hauling the rest of my stuff in before shutting the door.

"Not bad...it's like any other hotels but I guess the decor and cleanliness makes up for it." Cat muses, eyeing the two neatly made single beds on the right side of the room, leaving about an arm's length of walking space that lead to a small stand with a flat screen perch ontop and further into the room under the window was a narrow, long desk, a chair and a table lamp.

I look to my right, upon entering the room, I can see another separate chamber that lead into the bathroom area. The small hallway leading into it had a vanity mirror with a sink and counter underneath it.

Entering the room, I saw Cat already on one of the beds supposedly passed out facing down. I only roll my eyes, stuffing mostly everything I had in my little corner space between the wall and bed. Cat does have the right kind of thinking though; tomorrow is gonna be our first stake out.