5th Day

14 Days to You

 

Just tell me the truth

“So who is this mystery guy?” A girl murmured to her class mate. Junhyung’s ears perked up at their conversation. Hyunseung sat beside him next to the soccer oval listening to music. Kikwang, Doojoon and Yoseob were playing with the other boys in their team. Dongwoon was with some of his classmates that were in his year.

The girl listening made an annoyed sigh. “I don’t know why they would write a letter to her. She may have a pretty face but her accent is annoying.”

“I know, she thinks she’s all that because her boyfriend happens to be kind and has a baby face.”

“Isn’t that him playing soccer?” They pointed to Yoseob who kicked the ball to Kikwang who dribbled it down to the goal.

Junhyung held his breath wondering where the nosey girl’s conversation would go. One of the pair stood up and adjusted her skirt. “Does he know?”

“Know that his girlfriend Bae Suji has a secret admirer?”

Yoseob turned his head at that moment to them. “What did you just—“

Doojoon’s warning came too late and their friend felt the force of the soccer ball in the back his head. He fell down onto his knees dazed. Junhyung rose quickly, Hyunseung took his headphones out of his ears. Dongwoon separated from his classmates. They all ran over to him.

“Yoseob can you hear me?”

Kikwang held up a finger. “How many fingers am I holding up?”

“What happened?” Doojoon asked concerned. “One moment you’re paying attention and the next you’re completely distracted.”

Yoseob slowly got up, rubbing the spot where the ball had hit. He looked up. The gossipers had gone. “Its fine, I think I misheard something.”
Junhyung nudged Hyunseung in the side. “I think I should say something.”

Hyunseung’s face showed horror. “No you cannot!”

“He cannot what?” The others were waiting for his response.

Junhyung cleared his throat. “Yoseob, we should talk. Not here but after school, in our usual spot.”

The others were confused as to what was happening however Yoseob agreed and they planned a time they would meet. Kikwang, Dongwoon and Doojoon would find a reason to come. After all, the six of them were friends.



 

“You’re making a big mistake!” Hyunseung exclaimed to Junhyung as they walked down the street lamp lit street. “Yoseob will never forgive you for hitting on his girlfriend.”

Junhyung glanced at his friend. “Yes but you should have seen the way he was after the soccer ball incident. Even Kikwang said he was acting shifty and self-conscious. The detention he gained could have been avoided if I had told him there and then!”

Hyunseung started to get more frustrated. “Yes but the rumour is flying around the school that Suji got the letter. Imagine how bad it will look if everyone finds out that the person who wrote the letter is none other than Yoseob’s close friend Yong Junhyung!”

Junhyung pushed the door open to the restaurant and a bell rang signalling their entrance. “I’ve already made up my mind. You can’t do anything to stop me.”

Doojoon and Dongwoon were already there sitting at a table in the corner. They waved the pair over and the two sat down, Junhyung next to Doojoon, Hyunseung on his other side.

“Where is Kikwang?” Hyunseung asked as the owner gave them water.


“He’s waiting for Yoseob,” Doojoon answered. “They should be on their way soon.”

“What would you boys like?”

 Doojoon didn’t even look at the menu. “What we normally order, please can we have more meat this time?”

“Coming up,” he took the menus and left. Now it was just the four of them Dongwoon started to talk.

“I would like to find out who the jerk is.”

Doojoon gave him a warning expression. “Dongwoon don’t start.”

“What do you mean?” Hyunseung asked slightly nervous.

“Don’t you know? The jerk who wrote that love letter to Yoseob girlfriend?” The youth wore a fiery expression. “He should know who he is messing with.”

“We’re here,” a voice sang out. Kikwang and Yoseob walked in together. Yoseob’s head was slightly down, his face showing he had something heavy on his mind.

Yoseob slid in to sit beside Dongwoon opposite Junhyung. “How was the detention?” Doojoon asked.

Yoseob had a drink and sighed. “They made me write out, ‘I will focus in class’ three hundred times.” Everyone else winced at this in sympathy. Doojoon the barbeque as they were given the plate of beef strips, lettuce and other fillings.

“So,” Yoseob began as their leader spread the flat, pink meat on the barbeque. “What is it that you wanted to tell me Junhyung?”

Junhyung found himself completely stumped. Before he had felt confident enough to tell Yoseob what he had done. However now he was placed in the moment of truth his tongue was stuck to the bottom of his mouth.

“I… I know who wrote the love letter to Suji.”

The others except for Hyunseung had their mouths almost come off their hinges. Yoseob’s eyebrows rose and he stared at Junhyung. “Y-you know who did it? Well tell me who then!”

Doojoon nodded, “I myself am curious as to what you know.”

Hyunseung’s expression almost gave it away. “What is it you know?” Kikwang almost leapt out of his chair. “Hyunseung, you know who it is?!”

“I can’t say.”

“Well no one is saying who!” Yoseob snapped. They were surprised at his outburst. “Junhyung tell me who made a move on my girl—“

“—it was I.”
 

The group stopped. Hyunseung eyed Junhyung with worry. Kikwang, Dongwoon and Doojoon sat shell shocked. Junhyung waited, exhaling as Yoseob sat there.

“You… It was you?” His voice sounded tight and almost inaudible.

Junhyung let out a, “yes,” and prepared for whatever may come. Yoseob pushed his chair out and stood.

“Yoseob,” Doojoon watched with caution. Yoseob reached over the table and grabbed Junhyung by the collar in a fast motion. The others all creaked in their chairs about to stand.

 Junhyung was pulled forward, his body feeling the rays of steam from the barbeque. Doojoon put a hand on his friend’s arm. “Yoseob,” he said again.

Yoseob’s eyes were full of a burning fire fuelled from anger. He stared at Junhyung for a moment and then released him. Junhyung fell back as his chair slid behind him as he hit the floor. Yoseob turned to leave with Doojoon and Kikwang following after.

Hyunseung helped Junhyung up. They saw Dongwoon who didn’t seem to believe what had happened. “I… I can’t believe you.” He shook his head and then followed the other three.

Junhyung freed himself from Hyunseung who instantly knew what he was doing. “Junhyung think about it. He won’t listen!”

He pushed open the door and started to run after the other four who was only a short distance away from the restaurant. “Yoseob,” he yelled. The group stopped. Doojoon stepped in front.

“Don’t think about it Junhyung.”

“Yoseob,” Junhyung shoved past Doojoon. “Listen to me. Let me tell you—“

“You bastard!” Yoseob’s voice cracked at the end. “You know how much I like her! And here you are trying to take her away from me!”

Junhyung found he was unable to disagree. Yoseob stood, expecting him to respond with a no. However Junhyung made a nod, not looking Yoseob in the face. “Yeah I thought so.” Yoseob turned and ran off.

Kikwang ran after him to catch up. Doojoon spun around to Junhyung, Dongwoon stood to the side. Hyunseung had caught up to him panting. Doojoon surveyed Kikwang and Yoseob walking off and then turned to Junhyung. He tried to speak but couldn’t say anything due to the frustration built up in him. He left along with Dongwoon who was concerned about their leader. Hyunseung stood beside Junhyung.

“What will you do now?”

Junhyung couldn’t answer him.

 




 

A bit more of a dramatic chapter for what is supposed to be a fluffy story (gets stoned). Find out what happens soon.