2nd Day

14 Days to You

I want to put you by my side

 

“Oh flower, you are so sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet.” Junhyung’s deep voice hummed as he tapped the pen in time to create a rhythm. Next to him was lined paper, words written on some and parts scribbled out. A bottle of coke cola with the lid loosely screwed on stood as a makeshift paper weight for more paper left untouched.

He was in his room, his safe place, his haven away from school and the world. A voice called out to him. “Junhyung there’s someone here to see you. Hello Junhyung? Aish just head on in.”

He was still in his own world as the door opened to his guest, dressed down in jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Seeing his friend in his own world he saw a piece of paper which had missed the rubbish bin. Taking it in his hands he scrunched it into a ball and aimed for his head. “Hey Junhyung is this how you welcome your friends?!”

Junhyung who felt the light tap to his head sat up and spun around in his chair almost loosing balance. “Ah Hyunseung, have you finished the homework already?”

“Want to go out and play?” By play he meant go to a karaoke bar. “Some of Kikwang’s friends are going to come with us. One of them, her name is Park Chorong, apparently she is really pretty.”

Junhyung lost interest and put his head back down at his paper. “I think I’ll pass… I have stuff to do.”

Hyunseung snatched one of the pieces in his hand before Junhyung could protest. He started to speak lines from the paper.
“You left and only your scent remains, where are you going without me? What am I supposed to do if you shake me up, lift my heart then leave?” He lowered the sheet. “Hmm, one of your best songs yet; where did the inspiration come from this time?”

“Her,” and Junhyung then realised Hyunseung had no idea. “Oh just a girl…”

Hyunseung raised his eyebrows. “And you aren’t going to say anymore? That isn’t like you.”

“I don’t know if you can be trusted with the truth.”

His friend pouted and then lowered himself down, resting his arms on the edge of Junhyung’s desk. The bottle of coke shook and Junhyung grabbed it; the lid fell to the floor. “Come on tell me,” Hyunseung said as Junhyung had a large swig of the carbonated, bubbly drink.

 “Fine,” Junhyung reached for the lid and screwed it on, “she’s Yosoeb’s girl.”

Hyunseung’s eyes looked as though they would pop out of his sockets. “You’re talking about Bae Suji right?”

“Yes that’s her, why the formality?”

“Because she is out of bounds,” Hyunseung stated. “You really don’t know how to pick them.”

Junhyung snatched his paper back, tearing the edge from the harsh movement. “Hey who said that I liked her?”

“What is that then? Is it a song about your mother?!” Hyunseung cleared his voice and then started to sing some of the lines, “Now say goodbye, your arms that embraced me was heaven.”

Junhyung saw that his friend had made his point. “Alright, alright I guess I do like her. But you can’t say anything to Yoseob about this. He trusts me a lot and I don’t want him getting hurt.”

Hyunseung nodded. “What do you like about her anyway?”

“Well she’s pretty—“

“—so are a lot of girls in our school.”

“She’s easy to talk to.”

“Do I need to mention Jung Yoojoo or Nicole as she’s called in America?”

“And she’s my style.”

Hyunseung knew that there wasn’t anything he could say that would counteract this point. But he had another point, one his friend hadn’t thought of yet.
“You do realise… There’s an right?”

Junhyung paused. He thought about it for a bit and then nodded to himself. “Hmm, it’s not illegal as long as I don’t do anything until she is of—“

“JUNHYUNG!”

“I’m kidding,” he said with a straight face despite nearly sending Hyunseung into a slight panic. His friend took a deep breath out and then picked up a scrap piece of paper. Almost all the words had been scribbled over.

“So are you just going to do nothing then?”

Junhyung answered with his eyes focused on his lyrics. “No,” Hyunseung’s face fell. He didn’t like the expression Junhyung had. “I’m going to show her how I feel, without saying who it is.”

 


This is supposed to be fluff but I don’t think it feels like it haha what am I doing wrong? It's a longer update too by the way.

Did anyone recognise the lyrics?