3rd Day

14 Days to You

Sweet line, draw please

 


 

There was an obnoxious beeping noise which woke Junhyung from his sleep. Sitting up he found himself almost covered in blank paper and scrunched up balls while on his bed. Getting up he found the sheet he’d been holding in his hand with several lines on it already.

Grabbing his school uniform he hurried to get ready. After eating a bowl of rice hurriedly like he hadn’t seen food in ages he left his house, pen and the piece of paper in his hand as he scribbled down extra thoughts as he walked. People had to dodge and move out of his way as his concentration was focused on the words, the meanings and the out pouring of affections.

 At school he only just managed to finish the last line before he had to stuff it in his bag and get to class. The students were clapped to their seats which Junhyung almost fell off from his hurry. Doojoon sat in the desk next to his on the edge.

“What happened to you?” He asked with a whisper as the class began.

Junhyung yawned. “I slept through my alarm.”

Doojoon nodded and then reached over to brush down the strands of Junhyung’s hair. “It seems to be the case did you look in the mirror before arriving?”

Junhyung gave him a look that said ‘are you kidding?’ Their conversation came to a close at this point to pay attention to the lesson being taught.


“Do you, Kikwang and Yoseob have soccer practice this afternoon?”

“It’s too early for soccer season silly,” Doojoon pushed a finger against his friend’s forehead. “You must still be sleepy from this morning.”

Junhyung freed himself from his friend’s prodding. “Not really, I just have my mind on other things.”

“What other things?” Doojoon was left hanging when Junhyung spotted a girl walking past, her hair short and black.

“Hyeri,” Junhyung grabbed her by the arm. Hyeri’s other friends raised their eyebrows at her before leaving the two alone for a moment. Junhyung looked back at Doojoon. “Go ahead I’ll catch up to you in a moment.”

He nodded and kept walking on. Hyeri pushed hair behind her ear. “What is it? Are you still interested in me?”

Junhyung ignored the question. “Do you know that girl from Kwanju? Bae Suji?”

She had to think with her eyes appearing to glance at a spot in a top corner. “I think she might be in my class.” And she looked at him with a wary expression. “Why do you need to know?”

He pushed the letter to her. “Please put this on her desk.” She took the letter in her hand. Hyeri eyed him and he got annoyed. “Stop looking at me like that.”

“I’m only curious as to what this is about,” she answered with a small chuckle as she slipped the letter into a pocket in her skirt. “May I read it?”

“May I kill you if you do?”

She smiled and put her hands on her hips. “That’s the Yong Junhyung I know and once liked. You’d better leave this area since you are a senior and this is where the middle school students work and study.”

“Fine,” he started to leave. “But don’t forget. She’s to read it and her only.”

“I promise,” she winked and waved him off. Junhyung shook his head and jogged up to Doojoon who had been walking slowly so he could catch up.

“Why were you speaking to a seventh grader?”

Junhyung was quick to brush it off. “It’s not important,” he answered. “Now, where are the others?” His friend was going to press it further but he looked back at where they had been and saw Hyeri talking and laughing with her friends again. When Junhyung wasn't around he would find out what it was about.
 

Hmm, I wonder what the letter says? Thanks to those of you who have waited for me to update even though I haven’t given reason for a delay.