4th Day

14 Days to You

I fall backwards by saying you only want me
 

Suji stepped into the classroom and noticed the piece of paper on her desk. Some girls were watching her with interest. She only managed to take her seat and pick it up before the teacher stepped in and called the class into session.

As she sat down some whispers from other class mates caught her attention.

“What is it?”

“Someone saw some guys give it to Hyeri.”

“But isn’t it hers then?”

She looked at the paper. Hyeri sat in the second row towards the front not appearing fazed by the conversation about her. After some second thoughts Suji decided that it would be best if she waited until she was somewhere alone to read it.

The class dragged by and Suji felt more and more tempted just to have a peak to see what it was. Could it be a mean message about her? Was someone threatening her? She hadn’t been there for long so she didn’t want to cause trouble for herself or her friends.

“You seem a little on edge.” Her friend commented as they were walking home. “Is there something I should know about?”

She made a smile. “It’s fine Seolhyun, I just received something today that I am not sure about.”

“What is it?”

“I think it might be a letter.”

Her friend’s eyes widened. “You mean… Like a love letter?”

“Maybe,” Suji and her friend giggled together. Her face froze to one of concern as she added. “But, what do I do if it is?”

Seolhyun looked at her puzzled. Suji explained. “I have a boyfriend. I have Yoseob oppa.”

“And there’s nothing wrong with having love letters from a secret admirer.”

“It is if I accept it.”

Seolhyun tugged her arm making her stop. “Accepting what Suji? It’s ok to have the letter. Just don’t tell him or don’t act on it.”

Suji freed herself. “Maybe I should just read it and then decide.”

Her friend nodded. “Alone,” she added quickly before hurrying ahead of her friend. Seolhyun watched her and then waved.

“Tell me if you need any more help.”

 


 

As soon as she entered her bedroom Suji threw her school bag to the side and flopped onto her bed. Her hands trembled with anticipation as she started to undo the folding of the paper.

She took a deep breath the moment she saw the first words. It was more than what she was expecting. The depth of poetic phrasing and symbolism used made it appear like a piece of literature rather than a simple letter.

Oh flower,

You are so sweet. As a busy bee I desire to touch your petals, smell your sweet nectar.

I want to know what it is like to hold you in my arms as we sit on my bed. I want to know what it is like to touch your soft hair that smells like flowers.

You’re a fragrant rose, deep red and captivating. Only one of you exists in this world.

If my words have not been cast to the wind then will you accept this bee’s visit?

Yours truly,

The bee, that buzzes near your garden.

She took a deep breath out and felt herself flutter inside. What a letter. There was no way someone could have written it so easily. She read it again and wondered who could have taken such time and effort to move her heart.

Could Yoseob have written it? Although she debated that if he had then he surely would have signed it with his name? Would he have been able to?

But if it hadn’t been him; then who was it?

 

A shorter chapter but for good reason.