1st Day

14 Days to You

Love is U

The patches of snow lay among the oval as though someone had purposely taken icing off a very large cake. Five boys sat huddled on one of the levelling seats similar to penguins in a snow storm. They all had jackets; one who had pointy ears wore a scarf while one of his younger friends wore white ear muffs. Despite being in different years in school they had all become friends through their interest in music. Doojoon, Junhyung and Hyunseung were in their final year, Yoseob and Kikwang were in their second year and Dongwoon had just started high school.

“When is he coming?” Dongwoon asked.

“He said they’ll be here soon.” Doojoon told him. “He’d better be since Kikwang and I have a meeting for the soccer team.”

Kikwang’s eyes lit up in the direction he’d been staring in. “Ah he’s here; actually ‘they’re’ here.”

Junhyung who had been listening to music the whole time and not paying attention took out his head phones as the couple came over to them.

“Hello,” Yoseob answered brightly, his round monkey-like face friendlier now he was in a happy mood. “I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend. Guys this is Bae Suji.”

The girl standing beside him gave a bow. “Hello it’s nice to meet you.” They noticed her uniform was the same one they wore but in the girls version. Her blazer was mustard yellow, her skirt, stockings and blouse black. She had a round face, chic nose and rather large eyes. Nothing could be said about her forehead since it was covered with bangs.

Kikwang spoke first, “ah so you’re the girl my friend is crazy for.”

“Kikwang…” Yoseob said in a warning tone.

Doojoon took initiative like a leader which he had become since he was the oldest. “So what year are you in high school?”

“Oh I’m still in middle school.”

They all sat upright and stared at Yoseob who started to shrink. “Are you crazy?”

“I’m not guys!” Yoseob protested shaking his hands in front of him. He glanced at Suji. “Please help your boyfriend out!”

 She laughed and then bowed, “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that.”

“It’s cute,” Yoseob watched Junhyung. He had decided at that moment to participate in the conversation. “Bae Suji… It’s a nice name. Do you have a nickname?”

“Suzy” the guys all gave approval to this making her laugh from embarrassment.

Hyunseung loosened his scarf. “You seem to have a dialect; where were you born?”

“You don’t have to answer that,” Yoseob assured her. Suji showed him that she didn’t mind.

“I am actually a transfer student from Kwangju. I moved to Seoul about a month ago.”
 

“So how did you meet our Yoseobie?” Yoseob flushed when Doojoon said that. She pushed some of her long straight strands behind her back. Junhyung had to swallow hard. It made her look innocent and sweet. He couldn’t help the swell that was trying to work its way out of him. What was the feeling that was making him flutter?

“I met him on my way to vocal lessons. He was singing in the room I was about to enter.”

“Aww,” Hyunseung and Kikwang said in unison while Yoseob tried to bang their heads together. The spectators laughed while Junhyung sat there completely mesmerised. He couldn’t tell anyone what the expressions of Yoseob one of his closest friends or Hyunseung’s looked like since he was staring elsewhere.

The first day at the end of winter was proving to bloom into a beautiful spring.

Hi everyone. This story is going to be rather short and simple so enjoy the hopefully easy and blissful ride with me your author.