...

Bloody Love

Baekhyun could barely control himself while sitting next to the new student. He just felt so hungry and....extremely thirsty.

He really should've drank more that morning.

Baekhyun's face was becoming pale (paler than usual anyway) and he could feel his fangs pushing through his gums. His eyes burned and he closed them tightly before the newcomer could notice it's changing color. Baekhyun turned toward Jongdae and Jongdae could only give Baekhyun a look of alarm and panic. 

"Hey are you alright? You don't look so good." Chanyeol said as he watched Baekhyun shift in uncomfort. Baekhyun shook his head while still avoiding eye contact. He waved Chanyeol away when Chanyeol tried to take a closer look and Baekhyun cringed at the pain in his parched throat.

After sometime, the bell rang and Baekhyun sprang up and ran out almost as quick as lightning. Chanyeol, who was still sitting in his seat, wondered what was wrong with that silver haired male.

Kyungsoo and Jongdae ran after Baekhyun, careful not to lose sight of the silver haired vampire while he pratically flew passed everyone in the hallway. Baekhyun ran into the nearest bathroom and was relieved when there was no human inside. His churning stomach made him wonder if he needed to throw up. He clenched the sides of the glass sink, and breathed heavily to calm his throbbing heart. His eyes burned until he could feel tears form and his only thought was what was wrong with him.

After two slams of the bathroom door, in walked Kyungsoo and Jongdae who looked very worried for their friend.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked, patting Baekhyun in the back softly. Baekhyun only managed a nod and heaved a few more heavy breaths. His throat was so dry and he needed something to drink as soon as possible.

"Don't you have a blood pack in your bag?" Jongdae asked as he looked frantically to Baekhyun's book bag. Baekhyun had a history of packing of things just in case but for the past year or two, he had stopped bringing blood packs because a human saw one slip from his bag. Also he thought he could tolerate his hunger till lunch.

The human that sat by him was unexpected.

Baekhyun shook his head and coughed but it only burned his throat more. He swallowed his saliva and it ceased the pain a little. He would have to ask Luhan for something to munch on later when he got the chance.

When it seemed Baekhyun's vampire urges calmed down, they exited the bathroom and made their way to their morning classes. Baekhyun thought he could control himself even with humans walking by him casually, but he felt something itching inside of him and it bothered him so much.

"Luhan!" Baekhyun called as he saw the familiar blonde turn around the corner. Luhan smiled from afar and made his way toward Baekhyun quickly.

"Hey, what's up." Luhan said. 

"I'm thirsty." 

With that, Luhan stared at Baekhyun with wide eyes because the silver haired latter usually didn't need to eat in the morning. They had only started a few classes as well. Luhan wondered if Baekhyun skipped his breakfast but remembered perfectly there was two bags of blood taken out the fridge that morning. One for Baekhyun and one for Luhan. 

"I thought you ate already. You should last until lunch." Luhan mumbled as he rummaged through his bag for the extra blood he kept in a container. When he finally fished it out and handed it to Baekhyun, he couldn't help watching Baekhyun gulp it down quickly. Baekhyun's eyes flashed blood red until it returned to normal and he sighed happily.

"Thank you Luhan, I thought I was going to die. " Baekhyun sighed with a small smile. "Something happened earlier, but I think I have to talk about it later."

Luhan didn't question anything and decided to wait after the day was over. They chatted until they realized they currently had the same class. Baekhyun was happy for that, and walked side by side into the large classroom. Many familiar faces floated around the room, human and monster alike, and Baekhyun sighed as he slid into a random seat. 

The blood Luhan had given him made him feel loads better. He didn't think he would have to worry about feeling hungry again.

"Uh.. Umm... Hello." Baekhyun heard someone say from behind him. Baekhyun cracked opened his eyes and then turned to face whoever that just spoke to him. A male with dark brown hair and dark eyes to match, stared at him with a small smile that had a deep dimple fit perfectly next to it.

"Hello." Baekhyun simply said back. Baekhyun waited for a little bit, expecting the other to say more by the way he fiddled with his fingers and the way he opened his mouth repeatingly. It seemed he was too nervous to say something. Baekhyun took this time to stare deeply into this male's head to read what he was thinking.

"He's looking at me! What should I do? Introduce yourself idiot!"

Baekhyun chuckled and smiled. 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. What's your name?" 

The brunet was surprised and started to scratched his neck shyly. Baekhyun found this person rather cute and decided to deem him as a friend.

"Yixing. My name is Yixing." He said quietly. By the unfamiliar name, Baekhyun assumed he was a New Blood. Baekhyun sniffed once and by the beastly smell that matched Jongin's and Kyungsoo's, Baekhyun immediately knew that Yixing was a werewolf. Baekhyun smirked because he was a very shy one at that.

"Wanna be friends Wolfie?" Baekhyun asked with an innocent grin. Now if Baekhyun was wrong (Baekhyun was always right) and Yixing was not a beast of the moon, he would have found the expression confusing and would've asked why Baekhyun would call him that. But Baekhyun had years of practice of determining monsters and human alike, and he was rarely wrong.

Yixing's eyes widened but he soon smiled and nodded. 

"I've got a few friends that you will get along nicely with Yixing. You see that blondie over there?" Baekhyun asked, pointing to Luhan chatting with some human classmates he knew, "That's my cousin. He originated from China and should get along with you quickly. Luhan is friendly with everybody." 

Yixing seemed fine with that and so Baekhyun called Luhan over. They introduced themselves and Luhan took the seat right behind Yixing. Luhan was a chatterbox and he and Yixing were just engulfed in conversation. Baekhyun zoned out after awhile and let his cousin take over. Baekhyun laid his head on the table, awaiting for class to begin. 

He felt a knock on his table and Baekhyun's head rose to look at someone with baby pink hair. Baekhyun would have thought he was a troll if not for the human stench on him. Baekhyun tried his best not to cringe and just smiled up at the stranger.

"May I take the seat next to you." He asked, with a monotone voice. Baekhyun nodded and let the pink haired human slide into the seat next to him.

"I'm Baekhyun." Baekhyun said as the pink tussled male took out some notebooks. 

"I'm Oh Sehun." 

Baekhyun didn't know what else to say to the expressionless male sitting next to him. Sehun didn't look like he wanted to make conversation nor did he look like he wanted to be there at all. Baekhyun just shrugged and couldn't care less for a mere human. 

Baekhyun sighed and put his head on the desk until his ears perked up suddenly. He suddenly realized something. Luhan had stopped talking. It was a surprise to Baekhyun because the blonde did not know when to close his mouth. Baekhyun was about to turn around to look at his cousin but stopped short when he heard a certain human's voice.

Chanyeol, with his dark colored tresses and his lanky limbs walked through the door and Baekhyun was hit again with the human scent that made his blood boil. Baekhyun gulped for his throat became dry again. He hacked out a cough and somehow lost his breath. Sehun gave him a look and reached to pat Baekhyun's back but Baekhyun pushed him away. Baekhyun covered his mouth and turned away so he couldn't look at the tall boy in the front.

Baekhyun heard some coughing behind him and looked back to see Luhan having a coughing fit. 

"Are you alright?" Yixing asked Luhan. Luhan nodded but Baekhyun and Yixing did not miss the red liquid dripping from Luhan's nose. At the first sight of blood, Yixing practically fainted on the spot and Baekhyun stared awestruck. He has never seen a vampire having a bloody nose.

"Don't look at me like that.... You're bleeding too.." Luhan said as he lifted his head up. Baekhyun reached to his nose and he felt the dark crimson liquid just under his nose.

Almost at once, Baekhyun sprung up and dragged Luhan out with him and they raced to the nearest bathroom. Twice in that day, Baekhyun panted in front of the bathroom mirror, asking himself what was wrong with him today. His urges  were carefully controlled and he hadn't been thrown out of control for over five years. What was going on now?

Next to him, Luhan was washing his face and nose to stop the blood flowing from his nostrils. Baekhyun gave him a tissue and he plugged his own nose with one too.

"What's wrong with us." Luhan asked after while.

"I wanted to tell you it happened to me earlier but I didn't think it would happen again." Baekhyun responded back.

"This is ridiculous. We have to check on Yixing too." Luhan sighed as he checked on his tissue. The thought of a unconscious werewolf made Baekhyun roll his eyes but Yixing was now their friend so they would have to get him sooner or later.

When their noses stopped bleeding from unknown reasons, Baekhyun and Luhan went back to class which had already started. Baekhyun could not risk having another outburst on the first day of school, and decided to hold his breath for as long as he could before breathing in the strong human scent of a certain tall boy. The scent was almost unbearable for Baekhyun, it didn't stink however, but it just threw his mind and vampire urges off track and just made him hungry. The scent was musky and stronger than anything Baekhyun has ever dealt with.

Baekhyun wondered if that was a reason why Luhan had also lost control.

After escaping, Baekhyun and Luhan met up with Jongin and Kyungsoo to tell them everything that happened. At first they were shocked because the two vampires were very careful with their urges and it would take a lot  for them to lose their heads.

"We'd have to ask some other vamps for some advice." Jongin whispered lowly as they walked past some human cliques. Baekhyun and Luhan agreed and then they stopped by the nurse's office to see Yixing still unconscious from before.

"Who's that?" Kyungsoo asked as Luhan shook the sleeping latter awake.

"Yixing. Another Wolfie we met." Baekhyun answered with a smirk. Jongin and Kyungsoo threw Baekhyun a quick glare before watching Yixing wake up.

Yixing was surprised to see two more werewolves in the room and greeted them right away. After that, he asked Luhan if his bleeding stopped. When Luhan nodded, Yixing explained he was uncomfortable with blood. And after apologizing dozens of times for fainting, Yixing finally told everyone it was time for lunch. Baekhyun and Luhan were visibly relieved that they could finally eat.

When the five monsters finally got to the cafeteria, packed and busy like all the years before, they all lined up to get food. Baekhyun and Luhan got their food in a separate area for their daily red drinks. When they sat at a random table, Baekhyun sipped his drink nonchalantly while barely listening to Kyungsoo talk about home economics.

When a certain musky smell lingered by his nose, Baekhyun thought nothing of it until he felt a tap on his shoulder. The touch was like an electric shock waving through his body like a tidal wave. The electric feeling weaved In between his bones and down to his toes.

"Um.. Hi." The voice made Baekhyun freeze and he dared not to look behind him. But he had to, of course, he didn't want to seem rude. Baekhyun leaned toward Luhan until he was pratically on Luhan's lap, then he glanced up at the stranger. His heart and blood stopped and he felt his throat go dry again. Chanyeol stood there, putting a hand through his long hair to keep it out of his eyes.

"Hi." Luhan greeted him. Chanyeol gulped before talking, he felt a little nervous talking to such beautiful strangers, and Baekhyun couldn't help but watch his Adam's apple bob up and down. He found himself staring for too long and looked away to stare at his drink. 

"You're the kid that wasn't feeling too well awhile ago. Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun somehow knew Chanyeol was talking about him, but Luhan and Yixing didn't know.

"Yeah we're fine." Luhan said as he tried to nudge Baekhyun away. Baekhyun didn't budge and remained glued to Luhan like a leech.

It's as if he's trying not to catch germs or something, Luhan thought.

"Oh that's good. Umm, I'm Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol said. "Do you mind if I sit here?" 

When the whole table, except Baekhyun, nodded, Chanyeol plopped right next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun screamed internally and asked to change seats with Luhan.

"Stop being so rude!" Luhan whispered harshly to the silver haired vampire. Baekhyun frowned and bared his fangs at Luhan. Luhan didn't take another second before changing seats and relieving Baekhyun of sitting next to the human. Though Baekhyun looks delicate and petite, he was not afraid to throw punches. Luhan knew this of course ever since the day Luhan had tried to sneak away Baekhyun's food when they were younger.

"I'm Luhan." Luhan said the moment he replaced Baekhyun's spot. Chanyeol smiled and look toward everyone else, in hopes to know everyone. They went around, introducing themselves until it was Baekhyun's turn. Baekhyun stopped breathing for a moment before gulping once more of his drink.

"Byun... Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun said as quietly as he could. With Chanyeol's large ears, he fortunately heard it and he nodded with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you. " He said kindly. He looked to Baekhyun and pointed to his drink.

"What's that you're drinking? I don't see many other people drinking that." Chanyeol pointed out. Because the cup was foam and it was covered completely, Chanyeol didn't know the drink was a dark crimson color. 

"It's uh... It's a special drink because Baekhyun has a certain diet!" Kyungsoo cut in right before Baekhyun or Luhan could say anything. Chanyeol looked unsure and just gave Kyungsoo a confused look.

"Is it good?" Chanyeol asked, eyeing Baekhyun carefully. Baekhyun simply nodded and got up with his drink. His throat hurt and he wished to get another drink . He also wanted to get away from Chanyeol and his strong human stench. 

The moment he had turned to leave, Baekhyun ran right into someone and he looked up to see who it was. Sehun, and his pink disheveled hair, stared down at him.

"You forgot this awhile ago, here have it back." He simply said as he opened his hand to reveal a black pencil case. Baekhyun nodded gratefully and took the case out from his hand. Baekhyun was going to open his mouth to say thanks but Yixing's cry cut him off.

"Luhan! You're bleeding again!!" 

Baekhyun turned back to see Luhan bleeding a waterfall, and Yixing slowly losing consciousness.

Something was definitely wrong.