...

Bloody Love

 Sehun sulked as he dragged his feet home from a tiring day of school and lectures. Sehun wasn't one to complain, but if he could, he would say he was beyond exhausted. His dreadful hallucinations were constant and forced him to stay up for many nights. They were just dreams, he kept telling himself, but somehow he couldn't fall asleep at all. 

The pink haired male sighed as he threw open his front door and quietly trudged into the dark house. His housemates must be sleeping after their long day or most likely out doing whatever the heck they did. Sehun was the most quiet one in the household, and spent most of his time trapped inside of his bedroom. 

As Sehun pushed past the unorganized living room, he walked by the bar like kitchen. He stopped short when a loud clatter came from the inside. Just as Sehun began to peer into the kitchen, a mop of hair jumped up suddenly. Sehun almost yelped and instead let out a panicked squeak.

"Oh! Hi Sehun!" The stranger chirped, smiling shyly at Sehun. Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes. It was his perky house mate Zitao. Zitao was a slightly clumsy person, with the face of a thug and a heart of a child. Zitao was the only one Sehun would consider a friend in the household.

Sehun was not perplexed and just gave the haired male a small curt nod.

"What are you doing?" Sehun asked as the other ducked under the island tabletop again. Sehun heard some rustling and the metal sounds of pots bumping into each other. Zitao's head returned with a large pot in his hand.

"The other guys are planning to have a party today and I want to make something so I can sleep over at the gym or something. They'll probably stay up all night." Zitao explained, putting the large pot down with a clunk. Sehun rolled his eyes again, and frowned deeply. A noisy party filled with noisy people was not his type of scene.

"You're going to sleep at the gym?" Sehun asked. Zitao shrugged.

"Better than to stay with drunk people. I have to practice too." 

Zitao was the one of the captains in the school's sports clubs and often spent his days in the empty practice room practicing martial arts for hours. The black haired male was always busy practicing and going about his own activities that he and Sehun barely held a long conversation. 

"Did you want to join me at the gym?" Zitao asked, throwing food into the pot on top of the stove. Zitao saw Sehun shake his head slowly. Though they were quite friendly with each other, Zitao couldn't help but feel as if Sehun was always avoiding other people. Maybe he was just anti-social. Or maybe there was no one he could trust enough.

Or maybe Sehun just didn't like people.

"I'll find some other place to go to." Sehun said, ruffling his hair in exhaustion. Zitao smiled and returned his gaze back to the pot. Sehun soon left into his room to grab a large bag to fill a days worth of things. He wouldn't have to leave his own home if his other housemates weren't such drunkards. Sehun cursed quietly after stuffing random clothes in the large bag.

Soon enough, he was out the door and separating from Zitao who had to walk the other way. Zitao was equipped with his large wushu stick he liked carrying around and a large round gym bag, that was twice as big as Sehun's. Sehun flicked his hoodie on, despite the warm weather, after Zitao had vanished out of sight. Sehun turned and went down the campus street, toward more dorm homes. 

Sehun didn't know much people, and walked passed the overcrowded homes that were throwing a crazy house party. Some houses were silent compared to others and Sehun sighed.

Just where was he supposed to spend the night?

Sehun wasn't exactly friendly material with his stoic face and monotone voice. The pink haired male wasn't really into making friends unless he found the person interesting. 

Like Luhan, his mind suddenly said.

Sehun frowned and shook the thought away quickly. He growled at the thought of the blonde and his strange moods and actions. Sehun found it hard to forget Luhan, despite ever having a decent conversation with him.

There was just something. Something special about him. Plus the fact Sehun kept dreaming of him constantly.

Sehun cursed and kicked at the pavement as he walked. Where he was going was uncertain because he honestly did not where he was going. Maybe if he was a little more talkative and more friendly towards people, then maybe he didn't have to wander endlessly.

After some time, Sehun found himself somewhere unfamiliar. He was so into his thoughts that he was nearing the woods that took place behind the last of campus houses. There was a lake there, he heard from a few students, and it was considered a camping ground. Sehun didn't see the danger in going to the forest to check it out.

Especially when there was a full moon that night.

~~~

It was sunset when Jongin hissed a curse underneath his breath. He tapped his toes patiently as Kyungsoo came sauntering out with a small backpack. Jongin could feel his skin itching crazily and he tried his very hardest not to scratch at his upcoming fur. Kyungsoo, tucking his furry tail in his baggy clothes, brushed past him as he opened the door. Kyungsoo was still slightly mad at Jongin for his habit of getting easily distracted and his overprotective instincts but how could he hate someone he loved so dearly?

"Jongin, stop scratching." Kyungsoo said, finally speaking to other since last night. Jongin seemed surprised and Kyungsoo swore he saw Jongin's ears perk in shock. "I'm not mad anymore so let's go." He said, stepping down from their front steps. Jongin followed but ran ahead to block the smaller.

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked, his eyebrows furrowing as he tried to get past. His eyes widened, larger than normal, when Jongin suddenly leaned down and placed a quick peck on his lips. Naturally, his cheeks began to burn before he whacked Jongin in the arm for surprising him. Jongin laughed and wrapped his arm around his mate lovingly.

There were going out toward the camping grounds where the wolf population usually went to.. Transform. It was a ritual, where the wolf packs gathered together to become one. The woods was the best place, where they could run free and let go for a night. 

Their fellow werewolves, who saunter toward the same place give them acknowledgable nods. Yixing, had caught up with them and tagged along with a wide smile.

"Are you going to run with us tonight?" Kyungsoo asked the brunet. Yixing shrugged before answering.

"If you would have me," he said. Jongin smiled in assurance as Yixing smiled with his dimple showing. It was a long walk to the green, eerie forest. The sun was only a sliver on the horizon by the time they entered the edge of the wood. Jongin zoned out while Kyungsoo and Yixing absorbed themselves in a conversation that included books. Literature was not Jongin's favorite things, though he tried to be as interested as possible to keep Kyungsoo happy.

He walked a little behind the two shorter wolves and looked around the forest. The trees stood high and strong, while the sky began to darken with small specks of light beginning to appear. Their shoes crunched fallen leaves and patches of overgrown grass. Chatter began to arise from further in the woods, where Jongin assumed where the wolf packs awaited. 

Jongin could smell the camp fire and outdoor air, and he sighed. The moon was slowly creeping up and then soon their transformations would done. They just had to get through tonight until the next full moon. The thought sent relief through Jongin's body, despite his skin itching.

That was until Jongin smelled something very, very odd. He thought it could be a human scent, but what crazy person would camp out here? There were dorms for a reason.

"Jongin, stop being so distracted." Kyungsoo said, giving Jongin one of his disappointed looks. Jongin was quick to throw away his thoughts and give all his attention to Kyungsoo.

Night had fallen among them as they stood with the cluster of other students, all amitting their own werewolf scents. It made Jongin quite queasy because he had to stand with people of higher ranks. He was a pup among them but Jongin had his pride so he stood with his head up. In front of him was Kyungsoo who stood with pride as well. It was abnormal to mate with another that was younger but Kyungsoo stood straight and proudly. Kyungsoo didn't care if his mate was a pup or a alpha, he would still love Jongin the same way. 

In the middle of all the students, there was a large bonfire with dancing flames. It casted shadows on the trees and on the everyone's faces. Jongin blinked in time with the crackles of wood, and he waited silently.

The moon was moving above them, directly on top of the bonfire. When the moonlight hit the orange flames, the night began to fill with howls.

~~~

Sehun shuddered as he heard a distant howl; maybe it had been someone's dog?

The night was becoming strangely cold, and Sehun hugged his arms, in search of some type of warmth. He had apparently ended up at the water front of a lake. He had been walking far longer than he thought. 

Right next to the lake, was a large fallen tree that must've been there for ages by the looks of it's condition. Still, Sehun sat down on it to look at the lake view. The water was close to silent, but the sound of the water rolling over the rocky ground filled the open air.

Sehun sighed and leaned back to relax. Maybe he could sleep here for today and return home in the morning. Sehun put his face in his hands, feeling sleep weigh on his eyes. He groaned loudly, before sitting up and running his hands through his hair.

The lake water sparkled under the moonlight, andSehun watched the water intently. There he was again, alone.

Sehun found himself alone a lot, even as a child. He studied too much and his parents worked too much. He barely had any friends because he moved too often. 

His parents enrolled him to this school hoping he'd have a more stable life with friends. Oh if they could see him now, he thought bitterly. 

"I'm still lonely as ever." Sehun sighed, frowning. As he sat silently, he looked up to the dark sky. The full moon shined brightly over the woods, and Sehun could hear another howl. He felt like he was in some sort of horror movie, where the main character would feel fear and then suddenly a monster would pop out of nowhere to devour them. Sehun scoffed at the ridiculous thought, he shouldn't be afraid at something as silly as that.

Just then there was crunching of leaves not too far away from him. Sehun's head whirled around toward the sound but he saw no one and nothing but a wall of trees. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, and shifted suspiciously.

It must've been his imagination.

Sehun faced the water again, but he could sense something there with him. He shuddered and tried his best to keep himself calm. It's just his imagination.

Its nothing to worry about, he tried to assure himself.

It was until Sehun heard a low guttural growling that he knew he should be scared. Sehun found himself turning to face whatever it was, in a very slow dreamlike motion. He felt his heart stop at what was growling at him just a few feet away from him.

beast stood in a pouncing position, low to the ground, as it growled. Sehun froze, afraid to anger or scare the large beast. It was black, with golden glowing eyes. Sehun assumed it was a wolf but it was much much larger than any dog or wolf he's ever seen.

Sehun crouched to eye level with the creature, hoping that'll show he meant no harm. He even raised his arms in the air, as the wolf, or whatever it was, continued to growl and soon barked. Sehun flinched, seeing how large it's teeth were. They were probably longer than his whole hand.

"Please don't hurt me," Sehun said, hoping that the growling beast would understand. It only growled louder and inched forward slowly. This made Sehun back up, wanting to keep a safe distance just in case if the wolf decided to attack.

The creature seemed to become more hostile, seeing his prey was trying to get away. It inched forward as Sehun walked backwards. Sehun wasn't careful enough and tripped over a pile of rocks, causing him to fall right on the ground. 

He looked up to the beast and watched the creature that seemed to grin at him with sharp teeth. Sehun froze on the spot and could only stare in horror as the wolf hopped onto the tree Sehun was sitting on, and got ready to attack him. Sehun shut his eyes right away, preparing for the pain to come.

 

 

 

 

However it did not come. A few seconds later, Sehun's eyes flew open when he heard a sharp whimper and what sounds like bones cracking. Someone stood in front him with glistening blonde hair and pale skin.  Not too far away was the beast that looked like it was thrown into a tree. Sehun watched in amazement and only peered at the person that stood before him. 

Sehun could barely form a sentence when he realized who it was.

".. Luhan?!"

~~~

Luhan had not meant to go out when the moon was full during the night. He shouldn't have because he was a vampire and the power of the moon made him vulnerable to the beasts of the moon. He had no strength to fight if a werewolf thought he could overtake Luhan.

It was days like these that most people would think that vampires and werewolves were enemies. 

The blonde limped out of his house without notice, to catch some fresh air. He was careful not to wake Baekhyun, who had fallen asleep by his side. The moon had positioned itself high in the sky and Luhan knew that there was werewolves prowling around. He'd have to be careful not to anger anybody. There was no controlling or telling what the werewolves would do during the full moon, where their power was the strongest.

Luhan sighed intently as fresh air filled his sick lungs. His whole body felt like it was going to collapse but he walked on. 

It was a beautiful night, Luhan could not lie about that. No matter how sick he was, he observed the night and it's millions of stars that shined above him. But he didn't want to see the night with its lousy buildings in the way where there was chatter and parties everywhere.

"The lake would be so pretty to go to." He said to himself, remembering the place where Baekhyun took him once to swim. It was a long the woods, Luhan remembered.

Luhan didn't care if there was going to be werewolves. (He knew most of them anyway) He just really wanted to take a breather and relax for awhile. Maybe it'll ease his illness.

So off he went towards the werewolf infected woods.

What Luhan did not expect is finding a certain human's scent lingering in the air. The smell was addicting to Luhan, he would never admit, and he immediately followed it. He was very observant about it, anyplace where the scent was stronger. It wasn't hard to believe that the human had arrived to the lake not too long before him. Luhan told himself he should leave, because going near Oh Sehun was a terrible idea for both him and Sehun. but still, something in him told him he should continue.

Maybe the werewolves will get him or something, Luhan thought as an excuse. 

It was then, when he entered the lake view, that Luhan felt his heart jump with electricity. He could see Sehun's baby pink hair in the growing darkness while he watched the moonlight reflect of the lake water. Sehun was alone and Luhan could hear him sighing quietly to himself from where he sat. Sehun seemed troubled to Luhan so he subconsciously took a step forward, causing leaves to crunch underneath his sneakers. Shocked,Luhan slammed against a tree to hide away from Sehun.

What was he going to do if he approached him? Console him? 

Luhan sighed silently before sneaking a quick peek to Sehun. Sehun was looking around for a second before he relaxed again.  Luhan relaxed as well, until he breathed in a unfamiliar smell. It reeked of werewolf and Luhan scrunched up his nose in disgust.

Far across from him, he saw a shadow move slowly towards Sehun who sat in the wide open. Instinctly he growled at whatever it was and he saw golden eyes stare in the darkness. The werewolf growled back, threatening Luhan. The vampire only hissed back in warning.

The werewolf seemed to think Luhan was no big deal and practically rolled it's eyes at him in annoyance and ignorance. It continued to stalk toward Sehun, and Luhan watched silently as Sehun crouched low and began backing towards the lake water.

"Please don't hurt me." 

Luhan stared as the human tripped and fell onto his back. The werewolf saw this opportunity to try to attack and as it flew in mid-air, something within Luhan snapped and he sprinted at an inhuman speed to punch the wolf right in the ribs. Underneath his knuckles he felt a bone move and it sent the werewolf flying towards the trees. Luhan watched as the golden eyed werewolf whimpered as it tried to get up, eyes glaring.

Get out of here you mutt. 

His mental warning reaching across to the wolf, he watched the wolf limp away, defeated. The vampire steadied his shaking legs, his energy already used up from throwing one punch.

".. Luhan?!" He heard from behind him. Luhan turned around, looking at Sehun. Without a word, he held out his hand to help the pink haired male up. The moment his hand met with Sehun's something surged through his body and he suddenly felt stronger. He yanked his hand away the moment Sehun was standing properly, startled by the sudden energy.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked. "Wait, the more important question is, how did you do that?" The human pointed to the tree where the werewolf had landed, leaving the tree tilting slightly. "What was that thing anyway?!"

Luhan ignored all Sehun's questions and instead caught his gaze. Their eyes locked instantly, and Sehun could once again feel himself trapped in those doe eyes.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked, genuinely worried for the male. Sehun kept eye contact as he forced himself to nod. Had his heart stopped beating? Or was it hammering so hard that he could no longer feel it?

"Why are you here anyway?" Luhan asked. "It's dangerous." Luhan turned around and Sehun already missed looking into his eyes. Luhan went to the fallen tree Sehun had been sitting on to see the large bag Sehun had packed. He could only come up with one thing to say.

"Were you kicked out?" The blonde asked, poking the large bag curiously. Behind him, Sehun stammered.

"Y-Yeah, I-I didn't have a place to s-stay so I came h-here."

Either Luhan was a figment of his imagination and the whole deal with the monster wasn't real, Sehun could not see why Luhan won't mention about what happened a few minutes ago.

Was Luhan a superhuman with super strength or is he dreaming of Luhan again? 

"No where to stay?" Luhan repeated, glancing up at Sehun for a short moment. Sehun nodded slightly.

"Did you want to come to my house then?"

~~~

====

A/N

Hai guys !

Sorry this took me a long time to write and I also had a few major exams to do.

I will try to update faster but I'm beginning to get busy with other stuff. I promise I will put in Xiuchen soon.

See you in the next one!

-Thank you for all the love! Subscribe, comment and upvote -