WOOGYU

We Got Married - BROMANCE EDITION - SEASON 1

♡♡♡

Sunggyu stares at the letter in his hands, frozen.

"Hyung?" Asks Woohyun, entering the living room with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"We are the last couple." Woohyun just calmly sits on the sofa.

"Who? Myungyeol? Yadong?"

"No. Not them. We. The two of us. We are the last couple."

"What?!"

"Exactly. What the hell were they thinking?"

"Well... we... uhm we are getting more fans lately so maybe this is not such a bad idea?"

Woohyun states weakly.

"Not such a bad idea? Do you know who the other couples are? Eunhae and 2MIN! Those guys are real! We can't compare with them. We are totally out of their league. We can't be on the show with them."

"We can pretend. Like we always do."

"We are going to live together. There will be cameras everywhere. How can we possibly pretend to be in love all the time?"

"It's not like we hate each other either. We can just show our friendship a little more."

"You know, I hate that stuff. I am not someone who would like to touch others or be all cute."

"Nobody asking you to be like that. Maybe they picked us precisely because they want something different."

"Only the fans don't want different. They want us to hug, sleep next to each other, hold hands and kiss!"

"But we already do most of those anyway! We sleep next to each other, we hold hands on the stage and we hug occasionally. We just don't kiss. And I really don't think anyone would go that far. I mean, without the tissue."

"I am still not happy about this. It's your fault anyway. You are always all over me, no wonder they are starting to pay more attention to us. I told you, you should stop but nooo. You just need to be the king of fanservice." Woohyun winces.

"I'm sorry."

"It's too late now. Pack your bags, we are moving in tomorrow. And remember, that I am not doing any weird romantic stuff with you so behave!" 

 

♡♡♡

written in Woohyun POV (point of view)

 

You know, I've never considered myself to be greedy. Ambitious, yes, but greedy? I've never asked for expensive toys, I knew my parents couldn't afford. I've never asked to go on any school trips. I've never asked for anything, that would be free. I've always worked hard and tried hard to get as much as I could from this life but it was still all based on my abilities, on my work. 

So when I fell in love, I thought it would be okay. They say, when you love a person secretly, it could be as if you are in heaven. As long as you are not greedy. If you are, then it could be like hell. And lately... lately, I think I'm greedy.

For so many years, I just watched, silently observed. I became an excellent liar. Always hiding what I really think, what I truly feel. It's been so incredibly hard to share a room with him and not act on my desires and yet, it was still wonderful. In its own way, I was happy. 

He himself probably doesn't realize just how amazing he is. We are rivals, I always try to beat him in singing, but deep down I know, I never will. He is just... He is my role model and I know, that by competing with each other, we both grow, we both improve. It's just, that he will always be one step ahead but it doesn't really bother me. I act like it does and yet, I couldn't be happier. 

What we share is not just friendship. It's not just that we are members of the same group. It's something deeper. It's something more and for years, it was enough. Just not anymore. I don't know what changed or when it happened, just one day I woke up and I was not happy anymore.

He says, he doesn't like skinship... he doesn't want us to be the Woogyu pair and yet, it's him who will grasp my hand, who will smile at me like I am the best thing in this world.

 

Why do you always hold out your hand but run away when I reach out to grasp it?

 

 

♡♡♡

a/n: and finally our lovely vocals of Infinite bringing darkness to the story... more drama, more heartbreak 'cause we can't just have it all pink and fluffy :) there needs to be a change in emotions or you will be all bored. Anyway, I am open to any constructive criticism since I don't usually write stories like this one, just don't be mean xD

 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote. Thank you :)