Being a Patissier

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 48 – Being a Patissier~

            "What is the ingredient that we want to be careful with to prevent drying out a pastry?" asked Sehun as he stared at the notes filled paper while sitting at the counter in the usual kitchen classroom.

            "B," answered Luhan.

            Sehun lowered the paper from his face and raised an eyebrow at Luhan's response "It's not multiple choice, it was never multiple choice."

            Luhan pouted "I'm bored."

            "It's only been three hours," deadpanned Sehun.

            "Which is actually waaaaay longer than I would usually spend studying especially during spring break," whined Luhan.

            "You could have stayed at the dorm, I wasn't stopping you and I even said that I just wanted to go over the notes from all our lessons so I could remember the tips they gave us," replied Sehun shuffling the notes back into a neat pile.

            "Yeah but then you'd be all by yourself in the kitchen classroom and besides we went over the notes about thirty times already," said Luhan.

            "It was only five," replied Sehun.

            "Details, details," Luhan waved Sehun off "Anyways today's the last day of spring break, let's do something fun?"

            Sehun looked back at the notes pile before reverting his gaze back to Luhan.

            Luhan caught the glance and picked up the notes, holding it tightly in his grasp "We can study later, tomorrow will be the sign up day for the Dessert Finale and then from there we would still have a full month to prepare for the competition."

            "I know but-" Sehun reached out to take the notes back from Luhan but the older moved the notes out of Sehun's reach.

            "I want us to win the competition too, I want us to blow them all away with our skills and prove your parents wrong but we don't need to go so overboard, just a little break if only just for today before everything starts going crazy again, it'll be good for us and we'll feel refreshed and ready to go after taking a break," said Luhan earnestly, hoping Sehun would agree with him.

            Sehun lightly bit his bottom lip.

            "Sehunnie," called out Luhan softly as he got off his seat and walked towards Sehun and wrapped his arms around the younger's middle and burying his face against Sehun's chest "Just for today. Please?"

            Sehun looked at Luhan's pouty expression as the older clung to him cutely, he had to admit he was a bit worn down too after practicing and worrying over the Dessert Finale looming ever closer for the past few weeks since the two of them made the deal with his parents. Sehun sighed but in truth he in didn't mind at all, "I don't really have a choice do I?"

            A light giggle escaped Luhan's lips as he knew that he won over Sehun, "Nope!" tippy toeing just a bit so that Luhan could reach up to peck Sehun quickly on the lips, since Sehun was much higher than him at the moment due to sitting on the tall counter chairs, Luhan grinned "Let's go! We can drop off our notes back at the dorm and then head off to get bubble tea or play with the others or go to the arcade or anything that's fun!"

            "Fine," relented Sehun but he couldn't help the small up turn of his own lips as he felt Luhan intertwine their fingers and pull him through the kitchen classroom doors and back towards their dorm.

           

            As the two made their way back, they realized there was a lot more bickering and yelling than usual in the dorm as they swore they heard Tao yell out "Will somebody find where we left our cooler!? I swear we stored it in the kitchen cabinet but it's gone!"

            "Tao! We stored it in the closet!" yelled out Baekhyun's voice.

            "What was it doing there!?" screamed back Tao.

            "How would I know?!" retorted Baekhyun.

            This should be concerning because Luhan and Sehun were outside of their dorm yet they heard the screaming loud and clear. Sehun and Luhan shared a look, they were considering just turning around and pretending they never heard any of this.

            However their plans were quickly ruined as DO opened the door and caught the two of them, "Oh! Great! I was just about to go out and look for you two!"

            Luhan gave DO a wary look as he took a peek into the dorm where he saw Kai throw a blanket or sheet of some sort towards Xiumin to catch but the throw was so badly off that it ended up hitting the coffee table and knocking down the TV remote and Suho's favorite mug.

            Kai let out a strangled shriek as Xiumin gaped at the mess "Kai! You just broke Suho's favorite cup!"

            "Why didn't you catch the blanket!?" yelled back Kai.

            "You threw the blanket over there! I was standing here! Why didn't you throw it correctly!?" yelled back Xiumin.

            Kai let out another strangled cry "Ugggghhhh, oh gawd just hide the pieces until I can find another one to replace it!"

            As the two shuffled to quickly get rid of the evidence, Luhan glanced back at DO who now had his lips pressed together almost as if he was deciding whether or not to turn around and face the mess Kai made.

            "Uhhh, should we be concerned as to why you were looking for us? And why you're all making a mess of the dorms?" asked Luhan.

            "Probably," muttered DO before saying "Chanyeol was actually the one who thought of the idea, he somehow go this hands on a pack of fireworks left over from the Sweets Royale and wanted to have a barbeque grill type hangout in the park down the street from the school before it got dark and then set off a few fireworks or play with some sparklers after we finish eating. It's like a sort of last goodbye to spring break thing."

            "How did Chanyeol get his hands on the fireworks?" asked Luhan curiously.

            "…We don't know… It's probably better if we didn't anyways," replied DO with a shrug "So you guys will be coming right?"

            Sehun and Luhan nodded, understanding now why there was a lot more chaos than usual within the dorm. "Sounds like fun," smiled Luhan.

            DO was about to reply but the scream that Suho let out prevented him from doing so.

            "My favorite mug! How did it get broken!?" Suho held the box with the broken pieces inside.

            "Sorry! It was an accident! I'll buy you a new one Suho!" yelled Kai from somewhere possibly far in the house since no one could see where he was at the moment.

            DO sighed "Just come inside and bring whatever you want to bring to the hangout at the park and then we can all get going, hopefully by the time we leave the dorm will still be in one piece."

            "Yeah, okay," replied Sehun as he pulled Luhan into the dorm and up towards their room, ignoring Kai who was hiding behind the sofa.

            Once inside their room Luhan shoved their pile of notes into his desk and quickly turned around to pull Sehun downstairs to help with getting all the things they needed for their barbeque hangout at the park before the younger could come up with any excuses for not going.

            Thankfully there wasn't anymore items being broken but there was of course still arguing, yelling, screaming, the usual noise and craze but they were eventually able to get their packing done and off to the park they were finally able to go (with much relief to DO since the dorm was still in one piece).

            Although the way there would have been smoother if Tao didn't accidentally drop the cooler and then enter into a long argument with Baekhyun who was holding the other side of the cooler but other than that it was a pretty simple enough.

            As the entire rowdy group made their way towards the park and found a spot that they could have to themselves they quickly set up the area with blankets spread about and their grill set up with the food opened and ready to be cooked.

            "Alright let's get this hangout started! Let's have the best fun we can have for this last day of spring break!" cheered Chanyeol as the others whooped along with him "I'll handle the grill!"

            The whooping stopped at once as everyone stared wide eyed at Chanyeol (minus Kai and Sehun of course who seemed mostly confused why everyone stopped cheering).

            Chanyeol having not noticed the sudden quietness of the group reached into one of the bags and took out a spatula.

            "NO! NO!" shouted out Kris and Chen as they broke the quiet silence that suddenly hung over the group and grabbed the spatula from Chanyeol's hand.

            "I think we'll be handling that!" said Suho as he stood up as well.

            "What!? Whhhhy!?" pouted Chanyeol.

            "Do you remember what happened the last time we left you in charge of the grill?" asked Suho seriously.

            "And keep in mind that was on a beach, which had water everywhere," added Kris.

            "And now we're at a park with trees everywhere, flammable trees everywhere," emphasized Chen.

            Chanyeol gave a nervous laugh "Oh, right, okay I see your point." as he gave Chen the standing spot in front of the grill since he was holding the spatula.

            "What happened the last time you guys were on the beach?" asked Kai curiously.

            "Let's not talk about it… ever again…" answered Xiumin with a serious expression.

            "….That bad?" asked Kai.

            "Like I said never again," repeated Xiumin.

            "It was a mess," commented DO.

            "I think we also might have gotten banned from that beach too," added Lay.

            Chanyeol heard the conversation and laughed "Yeaaah it wasn't exactly the best way to work a grill."

            Sehun didn't question the grill incident any further as he felt Luhan shift from his seated position beside him to go help Chen grill the food with a quick peck to Sehun's lips and a word of "I'm hungry, I'm going to see if I can help cook the food faster with Chen, Kris, and Suho."

            Nodding, Sehun let Luhan do as he pleased while he contemplated taking a nap on the blankets but then he realized that he was surrounded by his friends and it would probably be the worst idea he ever had if he did decide to fall asleep.

            As if to confirm the idea of him sleeping was a bad idea, Baekhyun, Tao and Kai joined him on the blanket soon after that thought, "Sehuuuuuun," called out Baekhyun as he sat down "Let's play, maknae."

            "Play what?" questioned Sehun warily as he saw Kai and Tao grin along with Baekhyun.

            "Truth or dare," answered Kai.

            Sehun gave the two a blank stare before saying monotonously "No," and then proceeded to lay down on the blanket on his side, back facing Baekhyun, Tao and Kai. He wasn't going to fall asleep but if he laid down and faced away from his hyungs maybe they'll get bored of him and not want to drag them in their crazy game which Sehun knows for a fact definitely won't end well.

            "Awww come on! Play with us Sehun!" whined Baekhyun as he shook Sehun's shoulder.

            "It'll be fun to pass time while we wait for the food!" insisted Tao.

            "Come on prodigy boy play, you can't be scared of a few dares right?" provoked Kai.

            The trio continued to poke and prod at Sehun for a full ten minutes and feeling that the others were not going to leave him alone no matter how much he denied the game invitation, Sehun sat back up "I'm indifferent egging me on doesn't work Kai, but since you three aren't going to let this go, I'll play with you."

            "Yes!" cheered Baekhyun and Tao while Kai high fived the both of them.

            "Maknae goes first!" yelled out Baekhyun "Truth or dare?"

            Sehun thought it over carefully, knowing how Baekhyun could come up with some pretty strange things he chose to go for what he assumed was the safer option "Truth."

            Baekhyun's grin widened, and quite frankly that caused a chill to run through Sehun, "What's the position you take in be-"

            "Dare," said Sehun quickly cutting off Baekhyun, he did not want to know what that question was going to be. Sehun was wrong there were no safe options.

            "What!? You can't just-"

            "Dare," repeated Sehun cutting Baekhyun off.

            Baekhyun frowned "Ugh fine! I dare you to…" Baekhyun looked around and when he spotted Luhan placing vegetables on skewers to be grilled "Go over to Luhan and slap him on the and whisper in his ear 'Dinner ready yet, sweetie?'  but you can't tell him it's a dare until after you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter