Dreams at Stake

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 42 – Dreams at Stake~

            Luhan wanted to roll over on his back but found himself unable, groaning a bit Luhan tried wiggling around but there was something around his waist that was keeping him from moving and actually tightened around him. Cracking an eye open Luhan came pleasantly face to face with Sehun’s sleeping face. Blinking a bit as his eyes adjusted to the morning light, Luhan quickly realized it was Sehun’s arm wrapped tightly around his waist that had prevented him from moving (not that he minded).

            Luhan found himself relaxing into the embrace as he peered at Sehun’s sleeping face ‘At least we had a goodnight’s rest to be ready for what we’re facing today,’ unable to resist the temptation he began tracing Sehun’s features lightly with his fingertips ‘There’s still dark circles under his eyes from all those nights with nightmares…’ Luhan’s fingertips trailed across Sehun’s cheek ‘He has such smooth skin…’ Fingertips continued to trail along Sehun’s jaw line all the way back to Sehun’s lips where Luhan paused slightly ‘Soft and pink and just cute…’

            As Luhan finished his thought, Sehun opened his eyes. Luhan froze a bit in surprise with his fingertip still on the side of Sehun’s face as the two merely stared at each other as if waiting for someone to make a move. So out of impulse Luhan held Sehun’s face closer and gave him a peck on the lips and pulling back with an emphasized kissing sound of “Mwah!”

            Sehun twitched in surprise whether at the kiss or the sudden sound effect Luhan made, Luhan couldn’t really tell but he still found it cute. “Morning,” giggled Luhan.

            Sehun blinked again and replied with a groggy “Morning,” as he released Luhan for a moment to rub at his eyes.

            Having been released from Sehun’s hold Luhan sat up and stretched a bit before looking back and seeing Sehun staring at him.

            “Are you ready for today?” asked Luhan tentatively.

            Sehun gave a nod as he sat up next to Luhan “Yeah,” Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist again in a back hug and rested his head on Luhan’s shoulder “Yeah, I want to settle all of this.”

            Luhan leaned into the embrace with a soft smile, glad that Sehun’s voice only held determination in its tone “I’ll be with you all the way.”

            Sehun’s hold tightened around Luhan “Yeah I know that now,” Sehun placed a chaste kiss on Luhan’s ear before whispering “Thank you.”

 

            Once the two of them finished getting ready, Sehun called his parents to arrange a meeting which they had agreed to with surprisingly little fuss and now Sehun and Luhan were heading towards the bubble tea shop to meet them up.

            Grabbing a table in the back Sehun and Luhan sat on one side of the booth and left the other side open for Sehun’s parents who showed up about ten minutes later.

            ‘At least there are a lot of people around so they’ll have to be civil,’ thought Luhan dryly when he caught sight of the two heading to the table.

            After the initial greetings were exchanged Chunghee and Eunmi finally took a seat at the table “Well this is certainly a first,” said Chunghee referring to how Sehun was the one to contact them rather than the other way around “This must be a very important discussion you wanted to have with us.”

            “Yes and you even brought Luhan with you, are you planning on telling us some news about you two?”  asked Eunmi with a warm smile which clearly wasn’t sincere.

            Both of Sehun’s parent were acting very polite and kind at the moment which made Luhan quite wary ‘So they act like this in public to put up a front while behind closed doors they’re their real selves…’

            Sehun simply sat still with a blank expression on his face as he answered monotonously “Yes, well I needed to discuss multiple things with you before you have to leave again for business and since you were staying at the school as honored guests for the time being due to the Treats Festival I figured this would be the best time.”

            “Of course, of course,” replied Chunghee agreeing with his son.

            “Where do you want to start with this discussion then?” asked Eunmi as she and Chunghee eyed Luhan.

            Luhan felt fidgety with suddenly gaining Sehun’s parents’ attention but he remained still in his seat waiting for Sehun to answer the question.

            “We’re dating,” said Sehun straightforwardly and upfront.

            Luhan’s eyes widened at Sehun’s bluntness ‘Where is he going with this by just admitting that?’ but he quickly hid his surprise by just going with what Sehun was saying, not like it was a lie anyways, “Um, yes we are together and dating.”

            Chunghee kept a neutral expression for a brief moment before giving the two a small smile while Eunmi smiled widely as if to show that they were happy with the news.

            “That’s great news,” said Eunmi with a bright expression “You two are a very cute couple.”

            “Yes, I’m glad you decided to tell us this,” added Chunghee with that same small smile.

            Luhan was still skeptical of the two; no matter how well their acting was there was no way he was going to believe them to be genuine, not after what they did to Sehun and besides he already knew how they really felt about the whole relationship anyways.

            “Although I approve of the relationship I must say, do pay attention to your studies as well, do not neglect them in anyway because it’s very important especially since you’re still starting out in your careers,” said Chunghee with that same smile but this time his eyes were more hardened and looking directly at Sehun despite the sentence supposedly being directed at the both of them.

            “I know,” replied Sehun coldly, his father gave Sehun another warning look.

            “Well that’s good to hear then,” said Chunghee a bit gruffly “Remember the road to the very top is a lot of work especially in the patissier world and when you’re young and in a relationship it can be difficult to stay focused and then easily become distracted.”

            Luhan felt as though he should have a say in this as well, “If I may say, I do believe that our time here at SMACSE is very important and we of course will stay focused on our work, our relationship won’t be a hindering factor on our goals or dreams.”

            “That’s reassuring to hear that you also agree to this Luhan I’ll trust you’ll keep Sehun on track with his studies then,” said Eunmi in a motherly tone.

            Chunghee looked like he wanted to say more but instead decided that keeping his mouth shut for the moment was the better option.

            Luhan wanted to say more too but decided not to push it.

            “This isn’t the only thing that I wanted to talk to you about,” continued Sehun.

            “Alright, what else did you have to talk to us about?” asked Eunmi gently.

            “The Dessert Finale,” answered Sehun.

            Chunghee and Eunmi seemed to have sat up straighter as serious expressions crossed their faces, Luhan wanted to raise an eyebrow at their sudden flip in attitude but chose not to bring attention to himself, instead opting to just sit quietly as he listened to the conversation.

            “What of the Dessert Finale? You do realize that it would be a very good opportunity for you right? We are expecting you to participate in it just like we had when we attended this school,” said Chunghee with a strained tone.

            Sehun replied with the same calm monotoned voice “Yes I had planned to enter the Dessert Finale whether you would have told me or not, that’s not what I wanted to discuss with you.”

            Chunghee and Eunmi seemed to have calmed down a bit after hearing what Sehun had to say about his participation in the Dessert Finale.

            “Okay, then what more is there to discuss?” asked Eunmi with concern.

            “The judges that will be part of the Dessert Finale,” answered Sehun.

            Chunghee and Eunmi looked at their son in confusion while Luhan’s eyes widened in realization ‘Could Sehun want his parents to be the judges so if he makes it to the finals he could go against them!?’

            “The judges? What of them?” asked Chunghee.

            “Will you two be judges for the Dessert Finale?” asked Sehun his pokerface not giving a single thought away.

            Chunghee’s expression twisted into further befuddlement “We don’t believe so, why does us becoming judges matter?”

            “Request the head of the school to become a judge, I know you can gain practically any favors from him that you want, the school idolizes you since you are the top patissiers in the country not to mention you’ve also graduated from this school as well,” stated Sehun ignoring the question.

            Now both Chunghee and Eunmi had really flabbergasted looks on their faces, while Luhan was smiling on the inside ‘So this was Sehun’s plan all along…’

            “You want us to be the judges?” asked Eunmi trying to clarify her son’s intention.

            “Yes, I am asking you to get permission from the headmaster and become judges for the Dessert Finale,” responded Sehun.

            The four of them remained silent for a moment as Chunghee and Eunmi took in what Sehun was asking of them. Chunghee was the first to speak up “Why? This is a very odd request especially when it’s coming from you Sehun, you never ask us for anything but now…” Chunghee took a glance at Luhan before looking back at his son “Why?”

            Luhan felt his muscles tense up from the sudden look that Chunghee had shot him but Sehun’s hand reaching out and entangling his fingers with Luhan’s underneath the table and rubbing circles on to the back of his hand relaxed him just a bit.

            “I have a proposition I want to ask you,” answered Sehun, his eyes not leaving his father but his hand in Luhan’s grasp tightened.

            ‘Proposition… I guess this is the deal that’ll help Sehun finally settle everything,’ thought Luhan as he returned the tight grip.

            “What is it?” asked Chunghee in a neutral tone.

            “I want my own freedom,” Sehun said this with determination.

            “Excuse me?!” gaped Chunghee and Eunmi who seemed appalled at what they heard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter