Karma (Part 2)

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok wasn't sure what he was doing. Or what they were doing. 

Standing in front of St. Nicholas' Girls School (at 7.00pm), Minseok stared strangely at Tao and Junmyeon. "Let me ask again, what is our agenda for coming here?" he asked. Tao put a finger to his lips while Junmyeon replied, "We need to get something."

"Like... What?"

"Urgh okay. We just wanted to stalk Taeun. She's a nice girl."

Tao added helpfully, "Plus she looks like you."

Minseok rolled his eyes as he watched Tao rummage through his bag for something then said, "This is dumb. Why did you drag me into this?" Junmyeon clicked his tongue impatiently, "You have nothing to do, so you're our watch guard." "I didn't sign up for this ," Minseok protested but Junmyeon ignored him (naturally).

Finally Tao stopped rummaging and handed Minseok a few pieces of clothing. One suspiciously looked like a skirt. He asked ruefully, "What are these?" "Oh. The school uniform," Tao replied casually, as if he had said it was basketball jerseys instead to the schools' uniform. It was Junmyeon's turn to be curious, "Where did you get these?"

"My dad's friend's daughter graduated last year. So she just gave all the uniforms." Tao frowned for a second and dug through his bag. Minseok complained, feeling the chill of the air biting into his skin, "Hurry! What are you searching for?" The blazer of the girls' school uniform was looking more and and more tempting.

"Take a chill pill," Tao chided as he threw a small thing at Minseok. He caught it in his hands and saw that it was a white headband with a ribbon on top. Then Tao handed Junmyeon a few hair extensions and there was a full long haired wig for himself. Seeing this, Minseok huffed in indignation, "Why do you guys get the good stuff?" "Hey that head band's Yingtao's. It'll bring you good luck. And you look more feminine than the two of us."

"Yeah," Minseok grumbled bitterly, "Right. Says the one who has an addiction to hand bags."

 

------

 

Kyungsoo peeked into the hospital ward. There was nobody there except for Hyomin noona. Quietly walking into it, he moved towards the bed where she was busy reading a fashion magazine. "Hello, Hyomin noona," he greeted and she put down the magazine with a smile of recognition. "It's you um... Kyungsoo right?"

He nodded before asking, "Are you feeling better, Hyomin noona?" Her eyes looked tired and her skin wasn't glowing like yesterday, but she seemed as happy as ever. "Don't need to call me noona, Kyungsoo. Besides, I'm only one year older than you."

He shouldn't have make a weird noise with his throat. But Hyomin looked so much more mature than her age. Then something clicked. They did look similar. Hyomin continued, "I heard you took over for me yesterday and it was good. Good job." A sour taste filled the back of his throat when he thought about Jongin. Kyungsoo started nervously, "I have something to tell you..."

By the time Kyungsoo finished, Hyomin looked extremely surprised. "So you're saying Jongin-sshi invited me, aka you as his date to the ball, and you accepted?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I would have accepted that too, but why? What about you?"

"I'm not sure... His eyes looked so hopeful-"

"That you couldn't resist. I know."

"You know? You mean you like him?"

Kyungsoo was utterly surprised when Hyomin laughed. "No, Kyungsoo. As a friend, yes. Like him in that way? No." She must have noticed his disbelieving face as she explained, "Kyungsoo, Jongin is a nice person. He just doesn't take girls seriously, sometimes even boys. I assume you know more about this." Kyungsoo nodded his head, although he was still confused.

"But the thing is, it changes when you're his friend. I don't mean, gang friends, but true ones. You know the few boys he always hang out with? Yeah that kind of friends. From what I know, it's very hard for him to get attached to anyone, so it makes the leaving even worse for him."

"You seem like you know him very well."

"No I don't. It's just that I am a very good judge of these things."

"That sounded like a self compliment."

"Kyungsoo, it's okay to self-compliment once in a while. Jongin and his friends do that all the time, that's why they get so much confidence. It's good to do it once in a while. Now, for the ball later..."

 

------

 

"I hate this skirt," Minseok grumbled, "Why does it have to be so short?" As usual, Tao and Junmyeon ignored him. According to them, Minseok didn't need anymore hair accessories because his hair was already long enough to pass for a tomboyish girl. 

"Which classroom is she in?" he heard Junmyeon ask quietly as they passed through the corridors. Minseok wanted to slap them in their faces so badly, god dammit. They were walking in foreign territory, that was number 1. Number 2, they were about to look for the principal's daughter, which is about as possible as walking through a land field.

Fortunately, the school itself was posh. It was air-conditioned every where and he meant it. At first, Minseok couldn't see why it was a girls' school then it became clear as they passed the classrooms - it was korean-pop boy bad heaven. The back of most classrooms were splashed with posters of different sizes, and Minseok spotted a poster of themselves.

Minseok shivered soon after. He certainly didn't want a mob of girls chasing after him. Nope. This made him feel glad that he was in disguise for the only time.

After winding through the numerous classrooms, Minseok stopped, "Why are there no students?" Junmyeon cocked his head as if in deep thought, then replied, "Oh. I hear it. I think they're having a party." Tao and Minseok listened carefully in the silence. There was indeed music pumping in the background far away. Suddenly, Tao grinned, "Aha! Taeun must be there!"

Before Minseok could even register what was happening, the two of them disappeared excitedly down a hallway, ditching him. "Well done, guys. So much for being friends," he grumbled and turned around.

And immediately knocked into a girl. She was clearly in a hurry with her messy hair. Minseok automatically helped her up and said, "I'm sorry-" That was when they looked at each other and screamed. Minseok held his breath. The girl was his mirror image, except he was taller by a few centimeters.

"Oh my god..." the girl breathed. Minseok noticed a wild and frantic look in her eyes but didn't say anything. "Y-You're..." She seemed stunned for a while, pointing back and forth between them. "You look like me," they both said at the same time. Minseok couldn't believe this was happening. This was getting really screwed up. 

Then the girl frowned, as if trying to remember something. "You don't belong in this school do you?" she asked. Minseok sighed as he thought, Might as well tell her... He nodded, "This is going to be weird but... Please don't freak. I'm a guy. My friends brought me here. I'm from Hyo Shin-"

That was the second time someone was bringing him to an unknown destination. Minseok found himself being dragged through the corridors in a hurry by the girl. "Do I know you?" he asked. "No," the girl admitted, "But I really need your help."

"First thing, I'm being hunted down by some strange people in the school called top cliques. They want to do something horrible to me since I sort of put weird stuff in their makeup."

"That's my type of stuff. Then?"

"I need you to take my place at the Park's Annual Ball, and meet this guy whom my insane mother set me up with."

"You're asking me to transform into a girl?"

The girl stopped running and looked at him with determined eyes, "Please do that favour for me. I'm going to settle those es." Her eyes suddenly turned misty like she was about to cry, "The truth is, I don't want my friends to get into trouble."

Minseok softened his gaze, "Oh I see. That's really kind of you..." "Please. I'm begging you for this favour. I'll repay you later on. Anything that you want," she said. "I've already got the stylist ready. You just need to help me."

Seeing her sincerity, Minseok couldn't really say no. At the same moment, he figured out who she was. 

"I'll help you, Choi Taeun."

 

------

 

Chanyeol gazed around the ginormous ball room as Jongin lazed on the sofa set beside him. "Who's your date?" Chanyeol asked. Jongin sat up and grinned, "She's a model. Oh and there's Yixing and Krisus."

Sure enough, the two of them were making their way up the winding staircase to their corner. "Waddup," Kris said as he sat down on the sofa beside Jongin. Meanwhile, poor Yixing was busy signing phones below. "You guys got dates?" Jongin asked. Kris scoffed, "None of the girls at Hyo Shin are at my standards. Plus, Yixing didn't even bother."

Chanyeol stood at the balcony awkwardly. Should he tell them that he asked Baekhyun to dress up as a girl? He didn't have the time to think more about it as the music stopped playing and his father stepped onto the podium and cleared his voice. "I guess that's our cue.," Jongin said. "Let's go. Get our dates." Chanyeol nodded but he couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun. Would he even come? Judging by that guy's split character, he could might as well decide not to come at the last minute. And oh god, his mother...

 

------

 

Jongdae wasn't in a particularly happy mood after being kicked out of the house by his mum in the middle of a tetris game. That game is something only heaven can stop him from playing. Oh well, his mum could be added into the list.

Standing at the pickup entrance of the ballroom of the hotel, Jongdae watched numerous people in tuxedos and dresses walk past. "When is she going to come?" he sighed. That's right. He was waiting for Taeun, or whatever her name was. He just hoped that the two of them could talk nicely and not be awkward.

It was then that a lady stepped into the view. He thought, his mouth dropping open, Holy . Is that Minseok? The girl was a mirror of him. Then he remembered that Choi Taeun looked like Minseok. Even so, Jongdae admitted that she looked really pretty. She was wearing a grey dress that was cut off just above her knees and was feathered with white feathers. On her top, she wore a black fur short jacket and her hair was curled like a mermaid's, only decorated with a silver headband.

 

------

 

Minseok didn't like the fact that many guys were staring at him, even some girls. He felt like yelling at them, "Stop looking you bunch of erts!" But of course, he had to act all girly for Choi Taeun's sake, whom he only met for five minutes. Sure, he was really amazed at what make-up could do. Some blusher here, some fake lashes there, and voila. He cross-dressed into a prettier person than he could ever admit.

His second problem was that he spotted Kim Jongdae as soon as he stepped into the lobby. Then he also noticed Jongdae staring at him before walking towards him. Taeun said her mum set her up with someone... A sick feeling twisted its way through his gut. No way. But of course, everything had to work against his will.

"Um hi... Are you Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter