Karma (Part 1)

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo woke up on a fine morning. And he realised, it was the day of the runway. Then his clock showed that he had exactly one hour to get ready and get his to the exhibition hall where the runway was held. He contemplated whether to just continue sleeping, but got off his bed when he suddenly thought of their creepy lady manager and stylists who would no doubt make a fuss if he were late.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming, okay?" he sighed into the phone. Luhan barked back a little too loudly, "Hurry! The clothings are already here!" Kyungsoo winced and replied as he ran towards the entrance of the expo, "Dude I'm already at the expo. Reaching in 5 minutes." The other said a quick bye and cut off the line. Kyungsoo stared at the phone screen in disbelief. And they dare to call him 'mother'.

The moment he reached the expo, a reasonable amount of people were already milling around inside, taking sips of champagne. He wasn't really bothered, since they had already done a dry run a few times before. The only difference was that the clothing line would be coming in and they were to wear it.

Pushing his way through all the glamour and glitz, Kyungsoo hurried towards the dressing room behind the stage. Out of the corners of his eyes, he spotted Kim Jongin talking to one of the female models below the stage. Well, and Jongin dared to wear a piece that he had designed, at least most of it. Kyungsoo decided to ignore him and pushed open the door to the dressing room.

Correction: Dressing rooms.

Jem had apparently aquired many different models from different countries to do their runway, so there naturally had to be many dressing rooms. Finally, Kyungsoo reached a room door labelled, "Star Entertainment" and opened it. Baekhyun was already at the table with one stylist doing his hair and the other applying makeup. On the other hand, one of their directors was perfecting Junmyeon and Minseok's 'catwalk', if you would call that.

Luhan immediately pounced onto him like a cat. Actually, he was wearing cat styled eyeliner. No comments there. He exclaimed, "You're here!" Kyungsoo grumbled in reply while shoving the other's hand off his shoulder, "Yeah. Happy to see you too."

As he was getting his hair done beside Tao minutes later, a group of women came in and Tao said to him, "They're from the other company. You see that lady over there?" Kyungsoo craned his neck to see what Tao was pointing to. A lady whose hair was tied up in a bun held a black velvet dress delicately in her arms was talking to her friends excitedly. 

"Mm hmm?"

"She's going to be wearing the star dress tonight."

"Uh... Okay."

Then Tao went back to checking his twitter as if he hadn't said anything at all. Typical day in his life. Then Kyungsoo stared at the mirror, observing his eyes. True, they were large. Abnormally large. He wondered if that was why the kids back in elementary school loved to bully him. Is that why Jongin did all those things to me too? Kyungsoo sighed. Just then, Madam Yoon made her way into the room with racks of clothing being pushed by workers behind her.

Clapping her hands, she said, "Okay boys. Your clothes are here. Take your ones and quickly change into them. You're on in half an hour."

 

------

 

Okay. Good things first - Kyungsoo had done his catwalking for all clothings and was resting in the dressing room while the rest were still at it, giving him some free space and time. Plus, the lady model Tao mentioned earlier was pretty nice and he quite liked her. Bad thing - She passed out on the floor beside him.

Kyungsoo was stunned for a second. What the just happened? 

"Miss Hyo?" he asked as he gently nudged her shoulder. When she didn't respond, Kyungsoo's mind immediately went into freak-out mode. And he probably yelled the whole row of dressing rooms down for Madam Yoon. The news of the star model fainting passed rather quickly, which did not help to ease the mood of the head directors.

Kyungsoo sat nervously in the dressing room as he eavesdropped on the directors.

"We can't take off Hyomin's part."

"I agree. It's too important. Her dress is one of the highlight pieces."

"But then who can take over for her? As far as I know, all the other female models still have a few more pieces to go."

"Unless..."

They all turned to look at him.

You know that feeling when your parents try to dig out the truth from you and you're in a room? Yeap. Kyungsoo totally felt that.

 

------

 

Jongin yawned. This was getting too boring. All his pieces had been shown already, save for that one black dress he spent days working on. Come on, he had to wait for the lace to arrive from Italy.

The loud music began taking a toll on his eardrums after an hour of sitting there, watching the models walk past. Plus he couldn't really talk to Chanyeol and Yixing. Chanyeol was sitting at another table with his dad and Yixing had gone backstage to prepare for his company's kids to perform later. Jongdae had decided to pon the event last minute (he said he had a very important movie to watch) and Sehun... That . Then Wu ing Kris could not be contacted.

"And finally the last section for today's runway. Velvet Falls!" the announcer said before the first model appeared. The crowd and guests clapped wildly as the cameras from the media flashed. Jongin gripped the armrest of his chair, feeling a sense of excitement. Finally.

About four models later, his dress made an appearance. His heart swelled with pride when many of the guests made gasps. The black dress had a low cut on the back and its skirts swirled around the model's legs as she walked. "Good job son." his dad said in a gruff voice behind him. Jongin nodded with a small smile. He looked at the model. Wow. She looked even prettier than when she was talking to him just now.

But those eyes really reminded him of Do Kyungsoo. He frowned as he watched Hyomin give a bright smile and pose at the end of the catwalk. Did Kyungsoo have a twin sister? The more he concentrated on Hyomin, the more she looked like Kyungsoo. No kidding there. He should ask her about this later on during the concert aka party.

 

------

 

Junmyeon could barely hold his laughter. Do Kyungsoo stood in front of him, in all his femme glamour. Luhan and Minseok weren't handling this well. Junmyeon thought that their faces were contorted up to the point of Joker, only a little less gruesome. Baekhyun had run away laughing upon seeing Kyungsoo in this manner and probably died somewhere.

But the guy himself wasn't looking too pleased. Kyungsoo scowled, "What's so funny? It wasn't my idea, you know." Then Junmyeon watched him comb through his long hair as if attempting to pull it off. According to him, the stylists had apparently put a wig and extra hair extensions to cover up his messy side burn and Kyungsoo did not want to risk pulling his hair out with the fake ones.

"But you look damn pretty," Luhan admitted, scanning Kyungsoo's dressing up and down. Kyungsoo lifted a foot to stomp on Luhan's foot with his high heels, but the latter was quicker. Junmyeon had to agree with Luhan though. Since the stylists were still busy with other models, they had put Kyungsoo on hold until the concert was over. As a result, the guy was still wearing his heavy rogue and eyeliner, and his posh dark brown wig complete with bangs, which made him look a tad cuter.

Kyungsoo had gotten out of the god-forsaken dress (according to him) and changed back into his normal clothes which consisted of a pair of skinny jeans and white tee-shirt. (It had a neon green owl imprinted on it. Shhh don't tell Kyungsoo.) But it didn't make Kyungsoo look any less feminine.

Minseok tapped his chin thoughtfully, "You know what? You really look like Miss Hyo."

"Plus the googly eyes..."

Kyungsoo decided to start chasing them around until they all disappeared from sight. Junmyeon couldn't help but wonder what other guests' reaction would be to a girl chasing after two boys on high heels. He shuddered before moving off backstage.

After the runway, the models had cleared out of the dressing rooms almost immediately for the young performers to use. Junmyeon knocked on a particular door and smiled as he pushed it open, "Junkyung ah."

The younger boy had dressed been dressed up in a dark gothic style with multiple accessories doing his face and hands. Junkyung grinned and ran towards him with arms wide open. Junmyeon bent a little to give him a hug. "You look so matured with makeup, Junkyung."

Junkyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter