Of Rainbows (And Food)

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun yawned as he slumped at the backseat of his mother's car, then he watched the passing scenery outside. "So how's school?" his mum asked, looking at him through the rear mirror. It , but he answered simply, "Fine." 

"Good that you're not causing trouble," Mrs Oh commented as she drove. Sehun rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe she didn't even know about that incident. It became the talk of the school for weeks and she was still ignorant about it. You see, his mum was a teacher at the school and part of the reason why he had managed to get it was through her.

"I like your friends," she said, breaking the silence. "You mean, Chanyeol, Jongin, Jongdae, Kris and Yixing?" Sehun asked, not bothering to hide his surprise. Mrs Oh raised an eyebrow at him before answering, "Sehun, you do realise you're mixing with the heirs of the big three right?" There she went again. Always something about having to up to them. He thought silently, Chanyeol is a dumbhead, Yixing is a blur king, Jongin is a freaking , Jongdae is a giant troll and Kris is as scary as a fly. I don't even understand why people like them so much. And me. Must not forget myself.

Soon, the ride was over and Sehun got out of the car after Mrs Oh had parked it. "See you later, Mum," he said ritually. Mrs Oh nodded her head and walked in the direction of the staff room. Staring at the gates of the school, Sehun took in a deep breath. Maybe today would be a better day.

Not.

During lunch, Yixing was rambling on and on about unicorns, which Sehun couldn't care less about. Only Chanyeol and Kris (surprisingly) were joining in the conversation. Jongdae had disappeared to talk to the Angel girl again and Jongin was silently eating his meal at the side. "Cookies..." he mumbled then stared at his tray dumbly. "Damn you cookies."

Sehun guffawed silently. Do Kyungsoo sure had a way of getting under Jongin's skin. "I say, unicorns are real," Yixing declared out loud, looking at Kris and Chanyeol defiantly. Yifan then pointed out indignantly, "Hey! Then dragons exist too!"

"No way. If dragons exist then unicorns won't exist."

"So be it!"

"Hey guys chill-"

"Shut up Chan, and it's because dragons will eat unicorns."

"Killed or be killed?"

"Precisely."

"That just makes dragons even better."

Sehun watched Yixing and Yifan blink at each other in annoyance. "What the hell man," Yixing grumbled as he stared into his meal. Then Sehun decided to contribute to the argument, "I think unicorns exist."

Yixing grinned happily when he heard that. "See?" he told Yifan, "I'm not alone!" Feeling injustified, Kris turned to Chanyeol and asked, "I know you know dragons exist." Chanyeol scratched his head thoughtfully, "Umm... You see I'm still rooting for my phoenix..." While Kris was busy trying to strangle Chanyeol, Sehun shrugged and said to Yixing, "Because if someone dyes his or her hair rainbow, it'll be close enough."

"Good point, Sehun."

------

Junmyeon had gathered all of them around the table in class for an emergency meeting. Though Luhan was dangerously cradling his rainbow dust bomb beside him, Junmyeon decided to start, "Guys. We only have two more days to agree to Zhang Yixing's deal." Baekhyun raised his hand, "Is Chanyeol going to take part in the runway?" "Yeah. Is Kris going to?" Tao agreed.

Junmyeon shook his head and said, "Nope. They aren't really involved, I suppose." "Then I'm in," the two of them said at the same time. Junmyeon considered this for a moment and told them, "Then I should be going too. Yixing seemed to have gotten better nowadays anyway. What about you two?" He then pointed to Kyungsoo and Luhan.

Kyungsoo shrugged, "I'm fine with it. My tolerance level has gone up ever since I came into this school." Junmyeon tapped his fingers on the table top before asking Luhan, "You?" The older seemed to be in conflict with his mind and he finally said, "I'm... Okay with it." "That's great!" Junmyeon cheered, "But then where's-"

"Minseok!" Luhan yelled suddenly. He scuttled away from the table side and began searching frantically for something. After a few minutes, Luhan stood up angrily, "He took my rainbow and cotton candy dust! I got to find it!" When Luhan disappeared from the classroom, Baekhyun blinked his eyes in wonder, "Wow. He's so attatched to that ."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and made a face, "We'd be better off without it. I sincerely hope Minseok manages to dispose of it."

"Wait. Has anyone seen my eyeliner?"

"Baek. There's one on the table."

"There's another on the floor."

"And a... magenta one here."

"How many eyeliners do you have, Baek?"

"Oh. Like five? One is black liquid, the other is black pencil. The third one is gold liquid, the fourth is magenta pencil and the last one is brown I think."

"..."

------

Minseok panted heavily as he ran quickly down the staircase. As he hugged the two bags of color bomb, the only destination in mind was the school dump. Just his luck that he bumped into Kim Jongdae along the flight of steps. "Ouch!" the taller yelled, then his eyes softened, "Oh its you." Minseok asked a little worriedly, "Did I hit you too hard?"

"Nope," Jongdae grinned. Then his eyes trailed to the two bags and asked, "What are those?" 

"Hair dye. I need to get rid of them-" Minseok explained swiftly just as a familiar voice shouted from above, "Kim Minseok! Come back here! My colour dust!" He instantly panicked and fled down the stairs. Jongdae followed after him. "Woah whose one is that?" he asked.

"Luhan's. His crazy invention during the modelling," Minseok said as he dashed off into the corridor on the second storey. Jongdae snickered, "The Disney princess?" "He's not one. He says he's manly."

"More like princess-ly."

"Shut up!"

"Now you remind me of Elsa."

Minseok could not give Jongdae a snark reply when he heard Luhan yelling behind them, "Yah! Minseok! I see you! Stop there!" Jongdae suddenly grabbed Minseok's hand and pulled them sharply into a corner. Sure enough, the male ran past them and down the stairs on the other side. "Thanks," Minseok breathed, still hugging the rainbow dust close to him.

They walked out of the corner towards the balcony that overlooked the main hall on the first level. Jongdae stretched out his hand, "Lemme see the stuff." Minseok widened his eyes and pulled the bags closer to him. "No way!" he said.

"Pleaseeeee."

"No.

"Jebalyo."

"Andwae!"

Then the taller pouted cutely, "I'll treat you to buns." Minseok got distracted for a while, partially because of the pout and mostly the buns but Jongdae snatched away to two bags and ran to the edge of the railing. Minseok panicked and ran towards him, "Give me back!"

"Hmm," Jongdae said as he untied one of the bags and put his finger into the rainbow dust, "This is cool stuff. It takes a week to get out of dry hair, and a month for wet hair." "Give it back!" Minseok screeched as he pounced over, but Jongdae just taunted him and stretched the bags over the railing.

------

"Where the heck is he?" Luhan questioned himself, as he stood in the middle of the main hall. "I swore I saw him just now..." He turned around and knocked into a person. Grousily, he looked up and saw that it was Oh Sehun. His hair was wet for some reason and he was holding an equally moist towel. "Hi," Sehun started, staring emotionlessly at him.

Luhan sighed. Maybe Minseok could wait.

"It's hi hyung. Why's your hair wet?"

"Wu ing Yifan dumped a whole water bottle of water on me."

"That's mean."

"It's okay. Zhang Yixing once placed marshmallows in our fried rice."

Luhan peered at Sehun. The kingkas behaving like a bunch of monkeys? It was hard to believe. Then Luhan smirked as he crossed his arms, "You still owe me a bubble tea from last time." Sehun shook his head defiantly and took the towel off his head, "You cheated!'

"Did not."

"You did, Princess."

"You're lying, Frog Prince."

Without warning, Sehun just took the wet towel and attacked Luhan on the head. "Yah!" he exclaimed, trying to get out of the damp cloth. "Stop it!" He could only hear Sehun chuckling and the ruffling of his hair continued. The wetness was already soaking into his hair, and Luhan did not like it. But when he felt Sehun's arm around his waist, the coldness seemed to disappear. He laughed and then tickled Sehun around the waist, which surprisingly worked.

Finally, Sehun took off the towel when he felt Luhan had been soaked through. The older glared at him, his hair now if not soaked, very damp. For a moment, they did nothing but grin at each other. Then they heard a somewhat familiar bickering.

"You dumb! Return that to me!"

"This is so cool!"

"I don't care- Watch out!"

Then Sehun felt something landing on him and Luhan. He opened his eyes and saw some rainbow colored stuff floating about him. Luhan was covered in the pink stuff. "Oops." Two voices said at the same time from above them. Sehun looked up immediately in a fury and saw Jongdae and Minseok looking down at them. Luhan seemed to notice them too.

"What. The. Heck." He mouthed in shock. Then Sehun heard a clapping sound coming from the left. He turned and found Yixing and Kris looking at him. "Yay you turned into a unicorn!" Yixing cheered. "See? Unicorns exist!"

"Dragons do!"

" you. Unicorns for the win."

Another few voices came from the top and Luhan stared upwards. It seemed that all of his friends and the rest of the kingkas were there. "Hahahahahaha I can't! This is damn funny!" Tao laughed. They could hear Jongin's lazy voice from on top, "I really congratulate you, Jongdae." "What's so funny about that?!" Came Kyungsoo's voice and a painful yell from the former. Other students stared from the side, not sure whether to laugh or stay still. Then Yixing and Kris started laughing as well. 

Sehun looked at Luhan. "Dude. I know we don't usually have pacts. But..."

"Let's just kill the rest of them first." 

"Bull's eye."

Yixing found them glaring at him and he knudged Kris at the side, "Yah. We're about to get killed. In three... two... one- AHHHHHH SAVE US!!" The two of them took off as fast as a lightning bolt towards the staircase leading upstairs with Sehun and Luhan chasing after them. The group upstairs disper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter