"Maybe I should confess to her my feelings... Or maybe not..."

"Delicious"

Chapter 3

- In the previous chapter - 

*Jihyun’s POV*

“Wait! No goodbye hug?” he voiced out.

I felt my face became warm. Slowly, I pushed myself forward. Looking down on the ground with eyes shut tightly and arms in front of me, I felt something heavy on my right hand. It felt like a small box. He pulled me into a tight embrace.

“Don’t open it till you are in your room.” He whispered to me.

"It is not my birthday, oppa. What is this for?"

Nodding, I peeled myself away from him and gave him a nod. After waving goodbye, I stepped into my house.

What was inside the box? I wondered, curious.

———————————————————————————

“Ommaaaaa!” Jihyun shrieked in happiness when she saw her mom in the living room.

“Jihyun-ah! My precious daughter is back?? Why didn’t you inform your father? At least he can fetch you from the airport.” Mrs Kim said.

“It’s alright, omma. Aboji is busy with work and I wanted to surprise the both of you. HEH.” Jihyun mentioned while fiddling with her backpack’s strap.

She put aside her luggage and placed the box on top of her luggage. 

The two hugged for a while and Mrs Kim kissed her daughter’s forehead.

“Go and wash up, alright? I will inform your your father and prepare dinner.” Mrs Kim mentioned while pushing her daughter to go and bath.

“Alright ommaaaaa..” Jihyun responded while grinning from ear to ear.

She picked up the box, pulled her luggage and walked into her room. She placed her backpack and luggage beside her dresser while the box was placed on her dresser. After deciding what to change into, she headed to the bathroom and washed up.

———————————————————————————

*Jihyun’s POV*

“It feels good to be back home.” I whispered while drying my hair with a hair dryer and scrolling through the internet on my phone.

The box that Woohyun oppa gave earlier was still sitting on my dresser. It had small stars covering the entire box, wrapped with blue ribbon. I reached out for the box. Just as I was about to pull the ribbon, my phone vibrated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was message from Woohyun oppa.

 

// W: Hey, pabo ya! Have you opened the box yet? (: //

 

I frowned. What pabo? This guy… sheesh.

 

// J: Yaaa… I am not a pabo, oppa. ): I was just about to open the box when you messaged. ): //

// W: Okay, okay. Mianhae. Gogo… //


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After placing my phone aside, I pulled the end of the ribbon while smiling. When I opened the cover of the box, a necklace greeted me. It had a blue pendant. Blue. Both of our favourite colour. A wave of guilt washed over me. I couldn’t help but wonder why he bought me a necklace. He is already in a relationship, why did he buy me such a gift? If I am his girlfriend, I would definitely be furious and jealous. I closed the box and placed it back on my dresser. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door and in came my mom.

 

“Jihyun-ah, get ready to head out, your father is fetching us for dinner! He said he will be reaching in 15 minutes. We’ll be eating out instead.” My mom said.

“Nehhh, omma..” I replied.

I picked out my favourite hoodie and wore it over my t-shirt and jeans shorts. After combing my hair and straightening my clothes, I headed to the living room. My mind drifted to the necklace that Woohyun oppa gave. Why? What for? Don’t tell me he broke up with his girlfriend while I was away for studies.... it can't be right? Impossible. I shook my head in disapproval.


——————————————————————————————

*Woohyun’s POV*

“Why is this girl not replying me?” I felt confused.

Maybe she didn’t like my gift? I picked up my phone and messaged her.

 

// W: Hey, pabo ya! Have you opened the box yet? (: //

 

The wait for her reply felt the longest. I was nervous too. What for? Not sure. Maybe I should just confess to her my feelings. Maybe not! Ahhhhh! Frustrated, I ruffled my already messy hair.

 

After what felt like an hour, my phone vibrated. YES! She replied.

//J: Yaaa… I am not a pabo, oppa. ): i was just about to open the box when you messaged. ): //

 

I grinned and shook my head. This girl… then I proceeded to reply her message.

 

// W: Okay, okay. Gogo… //

 

I went back to lying back on my bed, partially relieved.

——————————————————————————————

“Jihyun-ah. You haven’t touched your food since just now. Is it because you don’t like the food here?” Mr Kim asked his daughter.

Mrs Kim was fixed her gaze on her daughter. She was worried if she was not well, especially since she had a long flight earlier today.

“Aniya… It’s nice, aboji.” Jihyun smiled an assuring smile and looked at her father.

She didn’t realise how much older her father looked. He must have been so tired working tirelessly in order to feed his family and also allowing her study overseas. Now is her time to repay back the good deeds of her parents by working hard. She picked up her food and ate it. It has been so long since she had Korean food. She really missed it. furthermore, it was very hard to find authentic Korean food where she studied.


“Mmmmmmm! It’s really delicious~~~ We should eat here again someday, Jihyun chimed.

Her parents smiled at their daughter’s antics. Her mom ruffled her daughter’s hair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S HELLOOOOO! I am back with an update after so long. I forgot that I wrote this story half way through and I want to continue this story. Please don’t hate me. ):

I am sure you want to know if Jihyun will eventually reciprocate Woohyun's love or not and also should Woohyun confess his feelings for her?

We shall see. Heh! 

 

See you in my next update! I will make sure to update this story (Promise!) and I will most probably have a new story coming up as well! Look out for that!