Chapter 6

Once or Twice
  ▬ chapter 
 six
 
krystal

“Encore! Encore!” the students chant at the stage, I could hear them from a kilometer over here. EXO-K’s performance was done and all I was doing was waiting for Sulli to comeback and hopefully not fangirl in front of me or else I would paste together even though she’s my forever friend.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Aish! Can you all just shut up?”. I knew that they won’t hear me so it’s best expressed my hatred here.

It began to be dark and brightness disappeared a bit. Huh? It’s just 10am. I thought then looked up. Oh Dear Lord, no. “What are you all doing here?”

Six men stood before me; different height, different faces, different expressions. I didn’t act shocked or interested in seeing them, so I did what I had to and looked away.

 

 
 
 

  
 

 

 

 

 

 

jongin

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Before the performance, I was at the edge of the curtain and was looking at Krystal, who was still outside on the bench; alone. And I thought about how upset she was when the teacher told her that she was just a rookie. I put myself in her perspective and I realized how that would hurt me as well especially if I know I’m passionate and honestly, had talent. Heh. I laughed at myself, seeing how conceited I am.

So here we are now, apologizing to Krystal. I brought my members because I know I won’t be forgiven if I just went alone, it would be easier for her to accept my apology if other people, which she doesn’t know and must pay respect to, would tell her how sorry I am.

“Krystal-ssi, we’re sorry for having to ruin your opportunity to perform.” Suho hyung said with his hand pressed together and all of us bowed for a few seconds.

Although with that formal apology, she neither blink nor look at us, did not even say one word. It was an awkward atmosphere for us.

“She wants to be apologized in a big way.” Sehun whispered to my ear and smirked. He sat beside Krystal’s left and says “Bieber style.” And we all rolled our eyes at him.

The maknae puts his right arm around Krystal and looks at here in the eye. Krystal’s eyes began to widen, as Sehun says “Shawty.”

And before Sehun can say another line, Krystal grabs his right arm and flips him over with much ease, causing him to flip and hit his back on the cemented ground. “Aaah!” Sehun exclaimed feeling pain on his back. Suho and D.O helped him get up and asked if he was fine. The maknae nods and moves his shoulders in a circular motion, trying to feel his back.

We were all surprised at her actions; it was unlikely for us to see a girl like that. She wasn’t acting as a girl at all. It’s so horrible that she made me think that she may be manlier than some of my members here. I glance at Baekhyun and chuckled secretly.

The brave man goes next; Chanyeol approached the girl without hesitation. He didn’t sit beside her, instead he grabbed her hand, lifted her up so she can stand. He twirled Krystal around and dipped her head, making her shake in nervousness and hold onto him tight. Nice moves.

“Miss Jung, I’m sorry.” Chanyeol smiled and stared at her. Krystal’s eyes were wide as the ocean and was open. And to our surprise, Krystal pulled Chanyeol closer to her. No, she didn’t kiss him nor he didn’t kiss her but Krystal knocked her head on Chanyeol’s which made the male let go of her and lose his consciousness a little bit. “Oooh, bacon everywhere!” he said, pointing to the sky. We all laughed at how crazy he looks like. I looked at Krystal; she went back to her seat and still had a cold face on.

“You’re all wrong!” Baekhyun shouts and walks towards Krystal, he knelt down in front of her and kisses her hand like a gentleman. “I’m sorry, m’lady.”

Krystal still found a way to hurt him; she slapped Baekhyun’s cheek without an expression. Baekhyun’s face frowned and stood up as we caressed his cheek.  “She’s tough one. Jongin, where’d you meet her?”

“Where do you think, Baekhyun?” I furrowed my brows. Isn’t it obvious that she goes to College here?

Krystal’s friend began rushing to our area and holds Krystal’s hand. “Omo! EXO-K oppa, on behalf of my friend, I’m very sorry for whatever she said or do.” She felt ashamed of her friend.

“It’s okay, we’re just really sorry for you, I mean, to your friend.” Chanyeol said, looking at Krystal’s friend. She pinches Krystal on the waist and says, “She forgives you guys, don’t worry. Right, Krystal?”

Krystal slaps her friend’s hand and stands up. “Yeah sure, all of them… except him.” She glares at me and walks away. 

 

 

krystal

 

I felt a very weight on my chest and every second it gets heavier and heavier, and it’s an expression, it’s literal. I opened my eyes and saw my sister stacking books on my body, or more like throwing them at my body. I was sleeping on my bed, not until I felt the weight of the books. Unnie had her mad face on.

I looked at her with a confused expression. “Unnie! Stop!” I struggled sitting up.

“Good, you’re awake.” She stopped getting books from my bookcase. “I heard you got punished on the first day.”

Oh, . I thought and looked at her, terrified. “Oh, sorry.”

“Sorry won’t fix anything! Yah! You’re ruining my image.” She folded her arms and her tone rose up. “I don’t want to see your name in the media neither good or bad news.”

I frowned and my eyes got stuck looking at the ground.

“And you even caused Sehun a backache.”

My face lifted up, she knew about the news and it surprised me very much. Jessica unnie kicked my bed, which startled me. “Go apologize to them. NOW!”

“But,” I looked at my bedside clock. “It’s 11:00 in the evening. It’s too late to go out, unnie.” I said, scared.

“I don’t care! You’re not allowed to sleep or stay here unless you apologize now.” She said with a chilly tone and leaves the room, slamming the door.

I sighed. These are the times I wonder why she began to hate me like this. A tear rolled down my cheek. I just want my loving sister back. I looked outside the window and exhaled deeply once again.  “I have to go, huh.” I said, helpless.

Once Jessica unnie gave me the address of EXO-K’s dorm, she made sure she locked the gates to the house and left my keys inside. She was serious about not letting me in. Her image must be more important than I am. I can understand that, I guess.

I arrived their shortly, It was only a few streets away from our house, even though the area is a secured place, It still bugs me to walk alone in the night especially because I’m a girl.

I ring the doorbell to their apartment and I heard a voice coming near from the inside. “Oh, it’s her.” A familiar voice said and opened the door. I took a deep breath, glad that it was not Kai.

“Hey Miss Krystal Jung, the dearest sister of Jessica noona from So Nyuh Shi Dae.” He smiled at me. “Thanks but I’m not joining a beauty pageant here.” I rolled my eyes.

“What made you come and visit? Wait, where are my manners? Why don’t you come in?” he gestured his hand and stepped back for me to enter.

“Oh, um… Thanks….” I looked at him confused and unknowledgeable of his name, as I took a few steps in their dorm.

“Baekhyun.” His smile becomes wide and pulls me to the sofa, making me sit and he sits beside me.

One room in their dorm was open and I saw Sehun sleeping on his bed and the other guy was patting his back. “I—I’m sorry about Sehun and…” I looked at Baekhyun. “Your cheek. Also, about Chanyeol’s head.”

“Ah, so you know us? I thought you didn’t.” he pouts and his body sways back and forth like a child. “It would have been nice if you didn’t know us, at least you’d treat us like a human.”

“I actually don’t know you all, honestly, because I’m not interested in any groups, neither boy nor girl. My friend’s a fan of you guys plus my sister is in the same company as you guys. I just knew you all… today.” I was dumbfounded. I’m not a trendy person… that or either EXO-K’s not the trends but it’s impossible because all the other girls were practically gushing over them.

“That’s nice! I might just transfer to your University then. You’re cool and mysterious, Krystal.” He gives me a smile again. Oh, No. I don’t need another celebrity in the school to ruin my life more.

“But you’re…” I sighed. “I’m not really interested in making friends, okay? I’m just here to say sorry.” I said with a blank expression, not feeling bad of what his feelings might be.

“Oh,” he looks down but then looks at me. “Maybe I could change that.” He mumbles. I pretend not to hear him because there’s no way he can change that and I don’t even want to start an argument because my sister might just throw knives at me if I get in trouble again.

“Speaking of Chanyeol, he has been texting your friend ever since he got home.” He chuckled and wiggled his brows.

Ew, Chanyeol? Sulli, how could you?! I stood up and held both my hands. “Well, good night Baekhyun, thanks for the talk, I think?” I furrowed my brows and waved, leaving the dorm afterwards.

 
 
 author's note 
 
» Lol So not much KaiStal here but yeah... soon :D haha. I won't tell when but yeah, soon.